Profile for Harry Parsons > Reviews

Content by Harry Parsons

Harry Parsons "Harry"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Garador Type Mk3c/Type C Garage Door Cables (Pair)
Garador Type Mk3c/Type C Garage Door Cables (Pair)
Offered by UK Garage Door Spares

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived quickly and was easy enough to install, 3 May 2015
Ordered these to replace a snapped cable on our garage door. Arrived quickly and was easy enough to install.

Scholl Active Everyday Insoles Gel for Men
Scholl Active Everyday Insoles Gel for Men

5.0 out of 5 stars No more foot pain, 29 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I use my trainers to cycle to work and occasionally go for a run. I haven't replaced them in a while and have been suffering from pain in the soles of my feet. Looking at my insoles I realised they were pretty flat so rather than buy a new pair of expensive trainers ordered these cheaper insoles. They are great. The gel in them makes them lovely and comfortable and it feels like I have a brand new pair of trainers and my foot pain has gone. They were really easy to fit, I just put my old soles over them and cut the edges off so they fit exactly to my trainers. A great product which I highly recommend. I just regret not getting them sooner.

Oral B Vitality Plus Trizone Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
Oral B Vitality Plus Trizone Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like this toothbrush, 23 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like this toothbrush, I have used an oral b electric toothbrush in the past so was confident that this would be good quality.

It is pretty straightforward and I think it gives your teeth a very good clean, I like the fact it has a timer as it does make me brush for long enough. It is compatible with other oral b heads which I think is a definite bonus.

There are fancier models out there but this definitely does the job for a reasonable price so I would definitely recommend it.

Nutrifiz Wheatgrass Effervescent Tablets - Pack of 20
Nutrifiz Wheatgrass Effervescent Tablets - Pack of 20

4.0 out of 5 stars Tastes ok but not convinced of the benefits, 13 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These tablets mix nicely and certainly don't have any of the gritty aftertaste some of the cheaper products have. They have a pleasant lemon taste and all in all seem ok. I am not convinced of the health and energy benefits as I have not personally experienced any but used alongside a health kick can't hurt. My big issue with them is once you make the drink there is a dark green fizz on the top which looks odd. It doesn't taste of anything so I have still given this 4 stars but it is rather off putting if you are not feeling 100%.

The Harbour
The Harbour
by Francesca Brill

4.0 out of 5 stars The Harbour, 4 April 2015
This review is from: The Harbour (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A very enjoyable and interesting read, I really like novels that intertwine fiction with historical facts.

I knew next to nothing about Hong Kong in relation to the second world war so this was quite eye-opening. I thought the characters were quite realistic and I found myself compelled to read on to the end quite quickly!

My only slightly complaint would be that it felt a little abruptly but overall I would definitely recommend this, especially for anyone who enjoys novels with a world war 2 backdrop.

Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleansing 252 Wipes Family Pack
Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleansing 252 Wipes Family Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars The best wipes, 17 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We use these wipes all around the home now that we have 2 young children, they are perfect for quickly cleaning all kinds of surfaces from changing mats to high chairs, from bathroom to kitchen and anywhere in between.

Dettol is a trusted cleaning brand and I do prefer their wipes over other brands, they are a good size, not too wet and come easily out of the packet. I particularly like the fact that they do not smell, most other brands I have tried leave a slightly unpleasant odour which I really dislike.

This box of 3 large packets is good value and is handy so you don't have to keep buying them (we seem to get through a lot of wipes!).

Geemarc Corded Telephone - Apollo10 Black/Grey- UK Version
Geemarc Corded Telephone - Apollo10 Black/Grey- UK Version
Offered by Accessory-Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Super simple, 14 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This phone really couldn't be any easier to use. It is essentially a very basic phone but sometimes that's all you need!

The large number buttons are useful for anyone who has trouble with the smaller ones found on most phones these days. The cords are a good length and it can be wall mounted.

The sound quality is good too, so all-in-all I'm very pleased with this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2015 6:57 AM GMT

The Sweetness of Life
The Sweetness of Life
by Françoise Héritier

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 25 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Sweetness of Life (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I don't often give up reading a book but I did with this. I really like the idea that the author is putting across - essentially that we need to make time for and notice the 'sweet things' in life, but the writing style was not for me.

Unless I have missed something, the book is almost entirely a list of the things that the author considers to be the sweetness of life, to start with I was interested and agreed with a lot of things listed but after a few pages I found myself a bit bored. Flicking a few pages on and then to the back of the book I realised that was basically it and decided to stop reading.

A nice idea but perhaps could have been written in a more interesting and appealing way.

The Yellow World: Trust Your Dreams and They'll Come True
The Yellow World: Trust Your Dreams and They'll Come True
by Albert Espinosa

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting view of life, 24 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A very interesting read. The book is made up of short chapters telling us about different lessons about life that Albert Espinosa has learned during his battles with cancer.

It is easy to read, actually quite uplifting and there are lessons we can probably all use in life - whether affected by cancer or not.

Definitely worth a read.

Micro Scalextric 1:64 Scale Quick Build Bash n Crash Race Set
Micro Scalextric 1:64 Scale Quick Build Bash n Crash Race Set

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing, 20 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was really looking forwards to playing this with my son, it was easy enough to assemble and get started but one of the cars stopped working on the first day. Unfortunately there was nothing we could do to get it going again.

With only one working car it is not as much fun obviously, my 3 year old will happily race a car round for a while but soon gets bored without anyone to play with.

If both cars worked I would give this 5 stars as it is good simple fun but with one car breaking down so quickly it won't get much use now.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20