Profile for Paul > Reviews

Tefal GV8956 Pro Express Total Auto Control Steam Generator
Price: 220.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Great iron, 27 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This steam generator iron from Tefal is very impressive - the ironing pile quickly disappeared in far less time than normal.

It has a generous, easy-to-fill detachable water tank and the three heat settings enable you to iron a variety of fabrics without the risk of scorching. Having previously purchased a steam iron that stuck to virtually every fabric I ironed, this was a pleasure to use. The iron is comfortable to hold, lightweight and very smooth.

The base unit is sturdy with excellent cord storage.

The only minor negative point I found on first use is that it is very easy to unintentionally press the steam control button located under the handle of the iron each time that you pick up the iron after repositioning the item you are pressing. No doubt this will easily be remedied as I use the iron more often.

I would definitely recommend this product.

Sage 50 Payroll - 25 Employees Extra Auto Enrolment Edition (PC)
Sage 50 Payroll - 25 Employees Extra Auto Enrolment Edition (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good - but it's not QuickBooks!, 16 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I found Sage generally straightforward to configure but certain menu options were initially confusing and I found myself resorting to the web to work out exactly what these options were for. It took me a while to get everything set up but once I'd used it a few times, I managed to get the hang of it.

There were certainly no problems installing the software and performance-wise it ran without any issues. The inclusion of auto-enrolment is particularly useful. PAYE, NI, maternity, sick leave, they're all covered. HMRC also accept the output data generated by Sage.

For me, it comes down to a personal preference, but whilst I can't essentially pick lots of holes in Sage's payroll software, I prefer the interface and intuitiveness of QuickBooks 2014.

QuickBooks Pro 2014 + Enhanced Payroll 2014 Bundle - 1 Year Subscription - 1 User (PC)
Price: 179.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 15 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Firstly, I've been a user of Quicken for years, the trusty personal finance product. In fact, I'm still using Quicken 2002 on my Windows 8 laptop and it runs without a hitch. It's a true shame that they don't make it any longer in the UK.

I've used QuickBooks previously and this new version is by far the most powerful I've seen. My first words of advice would be that if you currently use an accountant, you might want to consider replacing him with this software - it will pay for itself in no time. Once you get to grips with it, after going through the initial set-up, you'll find working with QuickBooks a breeze.

There's good online support, the user interface is straightforward and best of all, it links directly to Microsoft Excel.

Recommended.

Tefal FV9910 Freemove Cordless Steam Iron
Tefal FV9910 Freemove Cordless Steam Iron
Price: 87.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife loves it, 15 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We've been using this iron for several weeks now - it's lightweight, heats up quickly and the lack of a cable means that it's really easy to iron, particularly larger items such as curtains, bedding etc. It beeps when it needs to be placed back on the cradle to reheat, but it heats back up really quickly (usually within a few seconds). My wife has commented on a number of occasions how great this iron is.

Price-wise, it's more expensive than "normal" irons, but a lot less expensive than a full steam generator iron. If you're looking for a good quality iron with the additional flexibility of a cordless unit, this iron is definitely worthy of consideration.

Alpen Fruit & Nuts Trail Bar 48g x 3 (Pack of 11, 33 bars in total)
Alpen Fruit & Nuts Trail Bar 48g x 3 (Pack of 11, 33 bars in total)
Price: 16.57

3.0 out of 5 stars Too sweet for my liking, 15 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Texture-wise, these trail bars are okay (some manufacturers' bars are literally like biting into cardboard), but the taste of them is far too sweet for my liking. Yes, they fill a gap in between meal times, but I really couldn't see myself eating these on a regular basis - they left my teeth slightly tingling and wishing that I had a tube of toothpaste to hand.

Weetabix Oatiflakes 550 g (Pack of 5)
Weetabix Oatiflakes 550 g (Pack of 5)
Price: 10.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Tasty and wholesome, 23 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Healthy cereals don't seem to come around too often these days - I've picked up many a box in the supermarket only to find that they're heavy on the sugar count. I'm impressed with these Oatiflakes, firstly they're low in salt and saturated fat, they made me feel full for several hours and I also enjoyed the taste (like a sort of cross between Weetabix and Special K). My wife enjoys eating them with fresh fruit such as berries and/or banana. I particularly like them because they're not sugar-coated and they don't leave a sugary after-taste like many other cereals.

Philips PerfectCare Pure GC7619/20 Steam Generator with OptimalTemp No Fabric Burns Technology
Price: 99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Philips!, 23 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It took me about 5 minutes to wonder how I ever got by without a Philips PerfectCare Pure steam generator iron in my life.

As the water sits in the base unit, the handle is compact and light, which makes for easy gliding across clothes, bedding & materials. In fact, it glides superbly. It attacks a pile of ironing in literally half the time of a conventional iron due to the steam. The results are perfect. Anybody wondering whether or not to invest in one of these should simply look at the time saved.

It's a doddle to set up; once the base is filled with water, you're pretty much ready to go. It's then simply a case of pressing the switch beneath the handle to keep the iron on. Another bonus is that you're not required to adjust the temperature - one temperature fits all!

I'm so glad that I have the Philips in my life!

The Broken Circle Breakdown [DVD]
The Broken Circle Breakdown [DVD]
Dvd ~ Veerle Baetens
Price: 17.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 23 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
All told, this film contains difficult subject matter. There are moments of both incredible tenderness & love but also pointedly sad moments too, which are likely to touch a nerve with anybody who has experienced personal loss. The acting is simply superb (hence a well-deserved Oscar nomination) and the music soundtrack fits really well.

Lots of dark issues are explored meaning that the film is not easy viewing, but it's worth every single moment. The cinematography is simply beautiful, there are lots of moving scenes, the script is thoughtful and clever and maybe most importantly, it's stayed with me long after watching it.

Highly recommended.

Seksy by Sekonda Women's Quartz Watch with Black Dial Analogue Display and Silver Stainless Steel Bracelet 4666G.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous watch, 14 Dec 2013
I bought this watch as a present for my Sister-in-Law and she's absolutely delighted with it. It looks beautiful on and makes a very high quality gift. The matching pendant necklace is lovely too.

Finish All In One Lemon Sparkle 78 Dishwasher Tablets
Finish All In One Lemon Sparkle 78 Dishwasher Tablets
Price: 11.14

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Dishwasher Tablet, 30 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've tried several dishwasher tablets over the years, but I always go back to Finish - they simply do the job properly, resulting in ultra-clean dishes, cups & glasses, no matter how many days items have been sitting in my Miele dishwasher waiting to be cleaned.

The machine seems to benefit from these tablets too - the filter rarely needs cleaning and dishes rarely need putting back in for a second wash. As others have said, less expensive tablets are available, but I've always found that Finish deliver where other makes don't.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11