Profile for jill richmond > Reviews

Content by jill richmond

jill richmond

Page: 1 | 2
Thursday's Children: A Frieda Klein Novel (Frieda Klein 4)
Thursday's Children: A Frieda Klein Novel (Frieda Klein 4)
Price: 4.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend., 13 July 2014
A very good read. Nicci French is a quality writer who creates original and three dimensional characters. A well constructed mystery that keeps you page turning. Closely observed and paced beautifully. Highly recommended by me .

Rieker Women's Eike L7160 Black Mary Jane L7160/00 5 UK
Rieker Women's Eike L7160 Black Mary Jane L7160/00 5 UK
Price: 55.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality and fit., 30 Jun 2014
I'd buy more shoes like this because the quality is so good. A refreshing change from most clothes on offer today which are thin, poor quality and designed for 14 year olds. When will someone cotton on to the fact that , one third of the population is over sixty and have money that can't be spent due to there being nothing worth buying. Hey oh, I' ll have to carry on picking out odd bits of smart casuals as they crop up. I have a clothes allowance the size of a small country and can' t spend it! They were delivered quickly, fit well, and I am very pleased with them.

Blue Monday: A Frieda Klein Novel (Frieda Klein 1)
Blue Monday: A Frieda Klein Novel (Frieda Klein 1)
Price: 3.32

4.0 out of 5 stars A really good read. So well written., 6 May 2014
A n unravelling story with twists and turns. Kept me reading into the early hours. The characters were well defined and credible. The story line strong and wonderfully unpredictable. I won't spoil the end but you will be not forgetting it soon!

Portrait of a Marriage [DVD]
Portrait of a Marriage [DVD]
Dvd ~ Janet McTeer
Price: 6.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Most enjoyable., 18 April 2014
This review is from: Portrait of a Marriage [DVD] (DVD)
Having read the book and also studied the life and times of Vita, Violet and Virginia Woolf, I feel this was a fair attempt at a true representation of the facts. Well acted and enjoyable. You shoul read the book as well!

The Grave Tattoo
The Grave Tattoo
Price: 3.77

3.0 out of 5 stars not as gripping as usual for VM, but nevertheless still a good read., 2 April 2014
This review is from: The Grave Tattoo (Kindle Edition)
well constructed and unfolds well as the present and retrospect views move through the novel. I enjoyed it and would recommend it to others.

A Place of Execution
A Place of Execution
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Original setting for a good story., 23 Mar 2014
I enjoyed this novel very much. Kept me guessing 'till the end. A really good read, closely observed and three dimensional characters.

Trick of the Dark
Trick of the Dark
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it. I'm glad I did., 23 Mar 2014
This review is from: Trick of the Dark (Kindle Edition)
A great read. I warmly reccomend to anyone who likes a good thriller. Keep them coming Val the afternoons will be a sad place when I get to the end of all your novels.

Merivel: A Man of His Time
Merivel: A Man of His Time
Price: 3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book., 22 Feb 2014
The book depicts the 17th century very credibly. Well written and surpasses the earlier related work, 'Restoration'. I recommend it.

Imagine Me and You [DVD] [2005]
Imagine Me and You [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Piper Perabo
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, feel good factor film., 13 Feb 2014
How refreshing to have a gay film where the ending is positive. So many gay characters end up being used as the tragic losers or worse, the villain. Don't get me started on stuff like, tokenism, scapegoats, marriage breakers, the list goes on we all recognise it don't we! Well, here's the good news, this is a funny, natural, gay relationship romance which makes you laugh and is well acted by a bunch of our good young British actors. Well done, Let's hope for more.

Jane Eyre
Jane Eyre
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book., 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Jane Eyre (Kindle Edition)
It is many years since I studied this as one of the novels required for 'O' level. I enjoyed reading it again without the requirement of study. I'd forgotten many subtleties and, of course, my perspective change due to life's experiences.I would whole heartedly recommend it to anyone who enjoys good literature.

Page: 1 | 2