Profile for Sharron Hather > Reviews

Content by Sharron Hather

Sharron Hather "irismay42" (Nottingham, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Where You Stand
Where You Stand

5.0 out of 5 stars Yay, Travis are back!, 21 Jun 2013
This review is from: Where You Stand (MP3 Download)
I've got to say, I wasn't expecting much when I heard Travis were making a comeback, but this song absolutely blew me away! So much so it reminded me of the first time I ever heard them - Writing to Reach You playing on the radio in a taxi! This is a fantastic return to form, tuneful and beautiful. Can't recommend it enough.

Thierry Mugler Innocent Vegas Eau De Parfum Spray 25ml and Mugler Vegas Dice for Her
Offered by Fragrancia
Price: 49.00

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't beat a bit of Mugler, 21 Jun 2013
Gorgeous perfume, and the novelty box should go down well with the friend whose birthday I bought this for - we're going on holiday to Las Vegas in the Autumn!

BRITA Fill&Go Replacement Discs - 8 Pack
BRITA Fill&Go Replacement Discs - 8 Pack
Price: 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great filtration system., 21 Jun 2013
I bought a Brita Fill and Go when all the drinking water fountains at work stopped working. With this I can just fill the bottle from the tap. The filter discs are easy to fit and work a treat.

Timex Ladies Classic Stainless Steel Expandable Watch - T2H371
Timex Ladies Classic Stainless Steel Expandable Watch - T2H371
Price: 31.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Great birthday present!, 21 Jun 2013
I bought this as a birthday present for my mum and she loves it. The numbers are nice and big and the face is uncluttered and clear, so it's very easy for her to see the time. The bracelet fits her perfectly, although she has very slim wrists. I found it pinched a little bit when I tried it on, but I've got much bigger wrists! The indiglo light is very helpful at night too!

Love Sprinkles Pink Dog Collar, Small 12mm x 20-32cm
Love Sprinkles Pink Dog Collar, Small 12mm x 20-32cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute collar!, 21 Jun 2013
This is a lovely little collar that looks great on my Jack Russell! My only quibble is that it can be a little bit difficult to unfasten, but other than that it's really nice!

CTM Womens Elastic Braided Stretch Belt
CTM Womens Elastic Braided Stretch Belt
Offered by BeltOutlet

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 21 Jun 2013
Totally love this belt! It's so comfortable, doesn't pinch when you bend over or sit down, and because there aren't any fixed holes, you can have it as loose or as tight as you like! Highly recommended!

Opposites [Explicit]
Opposites [Explicit]
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Melody, heart and rrrrock, baby!, 31 Jan 2013
I've had this album on constant repeat since I bought it five days ago! I really can't stop listening. What I like most about Biffy Clyro is their ability to move effortlessly from headbanging rock noise (The Joke's On Us) to heartrending melodious ballads (Opposite) and from Latin brass (Spanish Radio) to bagpipes (Stingin' Belle) in the blink of an eye. This album is really that varied!

I might have to go back and buy the deluxe version now!

Twizzlers Rainbow Twists - 53g
Twizzlers Rainbow Twists - 53g
Offered by SOUTH AFRICAN FOODS
Price: 1.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Always a pleasure!, 11 Jan 2013
My family are quite addicted to Twizzlers, and the Rainbow Twist version add some variety to the traditional with a range of fruity flavours to keep your taste buds entertained for longer!

Human Racing
Human Racing
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars The best album of the 80s?, 27 Sep 2012
This review is from: Human Racing (MP3 Download)
It's been 28 years since Human Racing was released, and this re-mastered version manages to demonstrate just what a brilliant album this still proves to be, including extra tracks, 12" remixes (remember those?) and live tracks which just make an already fantastic album even more fantastic!

I think I can honestly say that there isn't a duff track on this entire album. My favourites will probably always be the singles Wouldn't It Be Good, Dancing Girls and I Won't Let the Sun Go Down On Me, but honorary mention has to go to nearly every other track on the album - the best probably being Drum Talk (which Nik and band performed spectacularly on their recent tour), Gone To Pieces, Cloak and Dagger and Faces. Nik's always been a master of the catchy melody, and while the title track comes on a little bit loungy at the start, I guarantee you you'll be humming it by the time the album's over!

Still a superb album and well worth your pennies! (Go buy his last four albums while you're at it!)

The Riddle
The Riddle
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best 80s albums ever!, 27 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Riddle (MP3 Download)
When I was an impressionable 13 year old, back in 1984 when this album came out, I remember not only being madly in love with Nik Kershaw, but also having a copy of The Riddle and his earlier album Human Racing back to back on a cassette tape that I played to death on my Sanyo portable stereo.

28 years later, this album still sounds just as good, Nik's ability to write catchy melodies and lyrics that can veer wildly from the environmentally conscious exhortations of Roses and Save the Whale to the wry comedy of Wide Boy to the downright unfathomable masterpiece that is the title track itself standing the test of time far better than his ridiculously short pop career ever did. For me, the three singles, The Riddle, Don Quixote and Wide Boy are still favourites, along with Roses and Know How.

Go buy. And while you're at it, have a look at the four albums he's produced since 1999 - all brilliant and criminally overlooked!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6