Profile for Nothing In My Way > Reviews

Content by Nothing In My Way

Nothing In My Way "nimw" (Kent, UK)

Under the Iron Sea
Under the Iron Sea
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars This sequel is better, 13 Nov. 2006
This review is from: Under the Iron Sea (Audio CD)
Most of the time we hear how the first album by an artist or the first film in a sequel is much better than what follows, but Under The Iron Sea certainly doesnt fall under this category. Im a huge fan of Keane and listened to Hopes And Fears god knows how many times, but since UTIS came out ive hardly listened to it as this album is so great.

Atlantic was the first I heard, on a Channel 4 video exclusive. I recorded it and played it over and over. Richard's drumming in this song is so strong and the atmosphere is just like...wo! (amazing). The next week they showed Is It Any Wonder? and so I taped it and once again it didnt fail to impress. Very catchy and upbeat, and youve just got to love its quirkyness. I think these two are like the opposites on the album. Both quite different but spectacular. Id like to go on about all the songs on the album but I know I shouldnt.

I think the songs are more powerful and on the whole there is a wider range of music. Tim's backing vocals are more influential and his creativity with pianos and keyboards reaches a further high. Most of the songs are easy to get into and some take a bit of time, but I think thats great. Those you dont get into straight away feel like new songs once theyve really grown on you. To begin with I felt Broken Toy was a little boring and needed something extra to give it a boost, but now I just love it as it is and now feels fresher than some of the others. Theres simply too much 'amazing-ness' about this album to get bored.

The singles from the album are fine examples of whats easy to get into, and what the difference is between this and Hopes And Fears. Keane are the same band and style, just with more depth and newer songs, and once again very strong lyrics (which with Tom's amazing voice is the most incredible singing youll hear). But dont get me wrong though, both albums are great and I could go on and on about how much I love Hopes And Fears too, but I just dont get how people compare the two and find UTIS dull and lacklustre..................theyre both amazing!!!

p.s. Nothing In My Way is my favourite song - their 3rd single - so put the radio on already! (I couldnt not mention it)