Profile for Mr. T. Kerwin > Reviews

Content by Mr. T. Kerwin

Mr. T. Kerwin "design_tom" (London UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Incipio NGP Protective Case for 4.7 inch Apple iPhone 6 - Black
Incipio NGP Protective Case for 4.7 inch Apple iPhone 6 - Black
Offered by eoutlet-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Feb. 2015
Essential for your iPhone 6, so it's less bar-of-soapy

What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions
What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions

5.0 out of 5 stars If you've never heard of this book then it's time to read it now, 6 Sept. 2014
When he's not making xkcd — aka one of the greatest web comics of all time — Randall Munroe is answering absurd questions with elegance wit, and a whole bunch of maths.

About 60% of the book is reprinted from his published website columns, but it's not a problem: they bear repeat reading well. And the new material is great. I especially enjoyed collecting all the elements of the periodic table.

In case you're worried about all the maths, I don't think it matters if you don't like maths. You just have to enjoy thinking through "what if" for impossible (and usually lethal) hypothetical scenarios.

Now I'm off to work out what would happen if this book were as dense as a neutron star.

UX for Lean Startups: Faster, Smarter User Experience Research and Design
UX for Lean Startups: Faster, Smarter User Experience Research and Design

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart, opinionated and on the money, 26 Mar. 2014
Laura Klein clearly has lots of experience at the coal face of Lean UX and in this book she shares all her very best knowledge. The style is witty, punchy and engaging; the content is clear, insightful and gives immediate action steps.

Right, now I'm off to ship my minimum viable cake.

Anker® High Definition (HD) Screen Protector for iPhone 5S / iPhone 5C / iPhone 5 [3-Pack] Xtreme Scratch Defender Ultra Clear High-Response Premium with Lifetime Warranty
Offered by AnkerDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a screen protector that works, 9 Jan. 2014
I nearly went bald from tearing out my hair over the previous brand of screen protector I'd tried to apply, so the one from Anker was a very pleasant surprise. With the tools provided and the sensible application method, I got a bubble- and dust-free first time. Just remember only to continue peeling the backing plastic off once you've got the first bit stuck to the screen, then you're minimising the time the sticky surface is exposed to potential dust.

Only downer: it's started to come away around the edges.

Fat Vampire 6: Survival of the Fattest
Fat Vampire 6: Survival of the Fattest

5.0 out of 5 stars OK so you knocked this out if the park Mr T, 26 Oct. 2013
When I started reading this series for a giggle, I never would have thought it would go so epic, so intelligent. I never thought I would have been hanging on waiting for it to be released. But I so totally was.

Couldn't. Put. It. Down.

The Beam: Season One
The Beam: Season One

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, 27 Sept. 2013
If you like your sci-fi smart, rich and exciting, then you'll want to give this a try. It takes a little while to get going, with quite a lot of characters to introduce, but there's plenty of pay-off for your investment.

Fat Vampire: An Underdog Vampire Novella
Fat Vampire: An Underdog Vampire Novella

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly fun, 19 Aug. 2013
I was really unsure about the Fat Vampire series. Somehow, the concept just didn't quite gel with me. But I really enjoy the self-publishing podcast (where Johnny chats with Sean & Dave about all their projects including this one) so I thought I'd give it a go. What can I say? The price is really right for testing it out!

And you know what? It was surprisingly good. Perhaps it reads more like a movie than a novel, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's pacy and engaging, with some solid characters. And its new take on vampire mythology allowed it to take some interesting new directions.

I couldn't stop reading, laughed a few times and choked up once too.

Chefs Larder Hot Chilli Sauce - 1ltr
Chefs Larder Hot Chilli Sauce - 1ltr
Offered by Sweet Addicts

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot and kicking, 19 Aug. 2013
We've searched the length and breadth of supermarket shelves for a chilli sauce that compares with that stuff they use in kebab shops. If that sounds like you, look no further – this is what you want.

So far, we've used it on home-grilled kebabs, to enhance some flaccid takeout kebabs, and even to liven up a mexican salsa for tacos.

So what's it like? It's a chilli sauce. It's hot, spicy and tons of fun. Use with caution.

Levi's - Levi's® 527 Bootcut Fit Denim Jean Jeans Men - 32L - Denim
Levi's - Levi's® 527 Bootcut Fit Denim Jean Jeans Men - 32L - Denim

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for me, 19 Aug. 2013
I had this particular cut of jean picked for me at Dave's Jeans in NYC five years ago, and I've had to order replacements from there every time... until now. So pleased to find them available from a UK seller, saving me long waiting times and annoying import duties. The jeans themselves rule. I pretty much live in them.

Kingfisher Waterproof Trolley BBQ / Barbeque Cover
Kingfisher Waterproof Trolley BBQ / Barbeque Cover
Offered by LightingandMobileAccessoriesUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems fine – time will tell, 19 Aug. 2013
We bought this because no cover seems to exist that perfectly fits our BBQ and this was around the closest fit. It sits on top safely and ties on around all four legs, so I'm pretty confident that it'll do the job. The depths of winter will be the acid test...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3