Profile for Helen > Reviews

Helen (Aldershot, UK)

Boys Terrain Watch TV970L Black Dial and Bezel Black Sports Velcro Strap
Boys Terrain Watch TV970L Black Dial and Bezel Black Sports Velcro Strap

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 7 Nov 2011
Great watch - I bought tis for my seven year old who thinks it is cool. He can put it on easily himself and I don't have to worry about it getting wet etc. Very practical with numbers easily visible for those learning to tell the time etc. Perfect.

Maths Made Easy Ages 5-6 Key Stage 1 Beginner (Carol Vorderman's Maths Made Easy)
by Carol Vorderman

4.0 out of 5 stars Engaging and fun!, 14 Oct 2010
My 5 year old in year one now enjoys picking up this book and having a go as the exercises are fun and the gold stars that you get once you have completed each page, a good incentive! We also use the Carol Vorderman online maths school but my son finds this a little more repetitive....

SummerHouse by Navigate Picnic Blanket Vintage Gingham Blue
SummerHouse by Navigate Picnic Blanket Vintage Gingham Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Attractive but not that practical...., 14 Oct 2010
This blanket folds into a neat carrying pack, looks fine but the inner blanket is plain pale blue and made of fleece material. Therefore it gets grubby quickly and shows the dirt. It is also only sponge clean only which makes keeping the product looking ok nearly impossible.....disappointing....

Where's Wally? The Solid Gold Collection
Where's Wally? The Solid Gold Collection
by Martin Handford

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for 5-6 year olds!, 14 Oct 2010
My 5 year old son loves his Where's Wally book so I bought this set (x3) to "split" and use as party presents instead of party bags (and all that rubbish!) for his upcoming 6th Birthday party - perfect. Having read other reviews, I have stayed away from the mini books as I can imagine they are very small in detail! Great value and would recommend the full size ones...I think 1 or 2 books are enough for most children given the complexity but the set is a great way of bulk shopping for pressies!

Blue Banana Black Elegant Slinky Wrap Dress Size 12
Blue Banana Black Elegant Slinky Wrap Dress Size 12
Offered by Blue Banana
Price: 29.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Shiny, clingy little number...., 7 Feb 2010
This dress is indeed clingy, shiny and definately better for evening wear - too shiny for the day in my opinion. I ordered my usual size 10 - I am 5 foot 5, curvy with large boobs and would need srappy top underneath to avoid being completely revealing! So may try a size 12 but a bit undecided. The material is very thin - so underwear on view and vpl could be issue and I don't want to have to wear an underskirt - takes away the fun!

Fly London Women's Drive Wedge Sandal
Fly London Women's Drive Wedge Sandal

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely!!, 23 May 2009
I ordered the black in size 5. Normally I am size 4.5 to 5 but have slightly wide feet. They fit nicely but the strap at back is very slightly loose so I suspect I will punch an extra hole to ensure they don't slip even after some wear. The shoes are so comfortable - very soft leather.

I was thinking abou ordering a 4 to doublecheck that 5 is the right size as I have a little bit of space above the toes but after reading the other review, I think I will stick to my comfy size 5 and get punching those holes. FIngers crossed they don't give too much over time!!Personally I think they are very stylish (but what do I know - I in my 30s after all!!!) and I will wear to work or for slightly more casual etc.

I am off to Portugal for hols where they are made and was thinking I would hunt aound to see if I can get them any cheaper in the country of origin!!!! My sister has the green ones and she loves too!

Fly London Womens VULA black P141158003 5 UK
Fly London Womens VULA black P141158003 5 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Ooops poor fit, 16 May 2009
Very disappointing. Lovely looking shoes but ankle strap is actually a dummy one and fastens by velcro. Perhaps I did not read the initial info. This would have been fine except I have quite narrow ankles and they were far too big. At same time the front part was quite narow and shallow for my feet. Possibly slightly wider than average tough due to a bunion. So probably my odd feet rather than the shoes. Lovely looking though and very comfy but alas - it was not to be. Have ordered some Kangaros instead!

Kangaroos Women's Violet Flat
Kangaroos Women's Violet Flat

4.0 out of 5 stars What a shame, 16 May 2009
Very excited to receive these fabulous shoes but very disappointed to discover they are far too big. I am normally a ladies 4.5 to 5 but these were huge. So I will now be ordering a size 4. Colour was lovely - quite a pale red though which I really liked. Will match my Boden red/coral coloured stuff a treat!!!! Look forward to the size 4's arriving!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 28, 2009 9:04 AM BST

Ross Kemp in Afghanistan [DVD]
Ross Kemp in Afghanistan [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ross Kemp
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 2.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Good prep for military families for an Op Tour, 6 May 2009
I watched this DVD with my husband who is due to go on op tour to Afghanistan later this year - probably a slightly different perspective than many viewers.
I found it extremely useful in building a picture of what life can be like on tour for army personnel. It covers a wide range of aspects including the exciting frontline stuff but also the more mundane (but not really) logistcs of travelling around the region, soldiers living arrangements and even glimpses into the pressures of living under constant threat. My husband thought it was informative and we both found it compulsive viewing!

Its very easy as an army wife to focus on the "absence" of a loved one for 6 months but this was a stark reminder that the boys are doing a very real job, they are only human and need our ongong full support (and lots of post from home!. We will be ordering the sequel straight away.....