Profile for Jason > Reviews

Content by Jason

Jason "It was the day my Grandmother exploded. RIP Iain Banks."

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Bridge: Series 1 & 2 [DVD]
The Bridge: Series 1 & 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sofia Helin

5.0 out of 5 stars Series 1 has to be one of the best things I have ever seen on TV, 28 Dec. 2014
Series 1 has to be one of the best things I have ever seen on TV. I am really looking forward to seeing Series 2.

MegaGear "Ever Ready" Protective Leather Camera Case, Bag for Canon Eos M, Canon Eos M2 (Dark Brown)
Offered by MEGA WEST

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect case, 24 April 2014
This case is absolutely gorgeous. It reminds me of cases I have had on vintage cameras. It is easy to use and really tough and does not get in the way of the camera screen. It is also easy to unclip to allow ease of use of the camera should you wish.

The Martian
The Martian

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I have read in ages, 2 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Martian (Kindle Edition)
Apparently some people don't like this book as the main characters personality and occasional immaturity winds them up. I think he is one of the most real characters I have ever read about. It would take a person of extraordinary courage and determination not to just give up. Does he survive? Is the effort futile? Read it yourself and find out.

Kopiaste: Most Traditional Cook Book on Cyprus Food - Special Sections on Customs and Tradition
by Amaranth Sitas

4.0 out of 5 stars Memories of Cyprus, 26 Jan. 2014
My mum bought me this from a rack of books perched outside a little kiosk just outside Kolossi castle. We had taken her to visit the castle as she was in St John Ambulance and it has links back to the Knights of St John and the Crusades and this was a little thank you. It is more a book that tells a story of Cyprus and it's food that just happens to have recipes in it as well. I love Cypriot food, the two years I lived there really opened my eyes and my taste buds to Mediterranean cooking. Time to find this old gem and have another go at kleftiko.

Noontec Zoro HD True Sound Professional Headphones with Inline Mic and Answer/End Button - White
Offered by ADMI Limited UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Best present ever, 24 Jan. 2014
I bought this for my son for Christmas and he loves them. He had wanted Beats, but given the price and the likelihood they would be broken I decided to do some research and get a cheaper alternative. I was a bit dubious that these could actually be better that Beats as some reviews suggested, but now I have heard what they are like I think this is actually very likely.

Vertical Gardening: Grow Up, Not Out, for More Vegetables and Flowers in Much Less Space

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much information, 24 Jan. 2014
Very little detail and not much real information. It skimmed over some techniques but didn't fire my enthusiasm for having a go myself.

The Crow Road
The Crow Road
by Iain Banks

5.0 out of 5 stars The best first line ever., 9 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Crow Road (Paperback)
RIP Iain Banks. You are my favourite author, of contemporary and science fiction. The Crow Road has the ultimate first line of any book I have ever read, and the Wasp Factory should come with the last line sealed in an envelope to stop anyone from peeking. Against a Dark Background is just stunning and now we will just have to imagine what the Culture is getting up to.

Not everything you wrote was perfect, and I only have a few of your books left to read. Now I need to find someone who can explain The Bridge to me.

Brilliant Trees
Brilliant Trees

4.0 out of 5 stars The difficult first solo album., 15 Oct. 2005
This review is from: Brilliant Trees (Audio CD)
I have a lot of respect for David Sylvian. There he was, right on the verge of mega startdom with Japan, and he ups and leaves and releases this. To say that it is different would I feel be an understatement.
I remember hearing it on it's release, and being more than a little suprised at its sound. In fact it was at least 10 years after it was released that I actually made my way back to it, and began to enjoy it.
Anyone new to Sylvian I would recommend to buy Secrets of the Beehive, then his more recent (yes, he still makes music) Dead Bees on a Cake, perhaps the Gone to Earth, before coming to this album. I love it, but it isn't his most easy to listen to album. (Not that I am suggesting that 'easy' is a good tag to attach to music.)

The Neutronium Alchemist: 2/3 (Night's Dawn Trilogy)
The Neutronium Alchemist: 2/3 (Night's Dawn Trilogy)
by Peter F. Hamilton

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 Oct. 2005
I just want to apologise to the lovely people at Amazon. This book was so good that I had to get the final book in the trilogy, The Sleeping God from a high street book shop. This book was so good, and left me wanting to find out what happened next so much that even the prospect of waiting for a first class post delivery was too much!
In fact, if you have even a slight enjoyment of Science Fiction and like a good meaty story, just buy all three books of the Nights Dawn Trilogy at the same time, and relieve yourself of the tension!
I am just one chapter into the third book, and oooh, it has already delivered...

Finding Nemo : The Continuing Adventures (GBA)
Finding Nemo : The Continuing Adventures (GBA)
Offered by John Seth Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Fishy Fun!, 5 Oct. 2005
After the disapointment of the GBA 'The Incredibles' Game, I hesitated before buying my 8 year old son this game, fearing another movie tie-in disaster. To be honest, I don't know why I was suprised that 'The Incredibles' was an awful game, in my opinion Movie Tie-ins almost always are.
So I am pleased to report that my son has actually really enjoyed playing this one. There is enough variety to keep him interested and challenged, without feeling the need to throw the GBA console across the room. (Yes, he really did do that! Luckily it still works...)
Maybe the key point is that this has thought outside of the restrictions of the film, and come up with some 'what came next' ideas.
Personally I don't like hand held console games (I am not even convinced that the new generation are really worth it) but this has kept my son happy, so I feel the money was worth it for once.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3