Profile for V. Reed > Reviews

Content by V. Reed

V. Reed

Page: 1 | 2
Plugable USB 2.0 Universal Laptop Docking Station For Windows - DisplayLink DVI/VGA up to 1920x1080, Audio, Ethernet, and 4 Available High-Speed USB 2.0 Ports (with Power Adapter for UK and EU Mains)
Offered by Plugable Technologies

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good docking station, 11 Oct 2013
I was a bit worried when I bought this that I was going to need to do something special and lengthy to get my laptop and peripherals to work together. Not the case. I simply connected everything up and have been able to retire my desktop - which was getting v slow. I have my laptop, keyboard, mouse, screen (you don't need to buy any additional converters, there's one in the box), external hard drive and USB port extension all plugged in and all works very effectively.
I particularly like that I have two screens that I can work with. Great little gadget.

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE N7000 GT-N7000 SILICONE / HYBRID CASE COVER SKIN WITH FREE SCREEN PROTECTOR & MINI STYLUS 3 IN 1 BUNDLE 3 in 1 Bundle (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good case for the price, 11 Oct 2013
Excellent case, good robust construction. Would buy again, but it's so good, I don't think I'll need to. I don't use the stylus - nothing wrong with it, just personal choice.

Moleskine Pocket Size Soft 12 Months 2014 Weekly Notebook
Moleskine Pocket Size Soft 12 Months 2014 Weekly Notebook

5.0 out of 5 stars Fourth year with one of these, 11 Oct 2013
Lovely handy size for handbag, I like the week to view and notes layout. Fourth year with one of these, and don't even look at any others now.

My Kitchen Table: 100 Cakes and Bakes
My Kitchen Table: 100 Cakes and Bakes
by Mary Berry

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, handy little book, 11 Oct 2013
Good, basic recipes. Very handy for some quick baking, and as expected for Mary Berry if you follow the steps you'll get reliable and consistent results. Great book.

TeckNet® Wireless Digital Doorbell (Battery Operated)
TeckNet® Wireless Digital Doorbell (Battery Operated)
Offered by BlueByte Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick, easy installation, good doorbell, 11 Oct 2013
We needed a doorbell as the dog was getting a little bit unreliable if we were at the back of the house or in the garden :) Great little product. Easy to install and was working within 5 mins.
I don't like the chimes so have selected the basic 'ding dong' and it's loud and does the job. Moveable so we can take it into the garden if needed. Very good for the price.

The Popina Book of Baking
The Popina Book of Baking
by Isidora Popovic

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so yummy, 11 Oct 2013
I bought this after some random browsing online and very happy that I did. Mother-in-law sent me some just-picked plums and cooking apples, and with our strawberries and raspberries, I baked the apple and summer fruits tarts. The sweet pastry is absolutely delicious with no blind baking. It is very pliable, and also very forgiving. Am looking forward to trying other recipes from this book.

Silicone Garlic Peeling Tube (Colours May Vary)
Silicone Garlic Peeling Tube (Colours May Vary)
Offered by dandebiz (7-21 days delivery time)

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't feel like detention any more, 11 Oct 2013
Growing our own garlic, peeling the harvest felt like school detention (not that I was in detention...!). This little silicone tube is excellent and is the equivalent of having a computer to write up lines. Quick and effortless. I bought three - two for me (one spare) and one for my brother-in-law who told me about it.
Love it!

Rose Elliot's New Complete Vegetarian
Rose Elliot's New Complete Vegetarian
by Rose Elliot

5.0 out of 5 stars A kitchen companion, 11 Oct 2013
I bought this book over two years ago, and I have used it consistently over that time. The recipes are excellent. Rose Elliott has included so many different ideas. Whatever I have tried has turned out brilliantly following the clear instructions.
I go to this recipe book first if I want to try a new recipe or want to find a new way to use an ingredient. Would not be without it, and bought a copy for my sister too.

Andrew James Precision Oven Thermometer Hang Or Stand On Oven Shelves
Andrew James Precision Oven Thermometer Hang Or Stand On Oven Shelves
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy gadget, 9 Mar 2013
Handy gadget that has allowed me to set my oven temperature more accurately as oven was on the cooler side.

DiCAPac WP-410 Underwater Case
DiCAPac WP-410 Underwater Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - worked a dream!, 9 Mar 2013
I bought this little case based on others' reviews for our trip to the Maldives. It was excellent for when we were out snorkelling. The picture quality was excellent - amazing little bag with good velcro fastenings. We did the test and padded out the case to hold our small digital camera in place. For the money - very good value. Actually gave it to someone we met on holiday who had flooded their camera using the more expensive housing :( Will buy again for next trip. Recommend.

Page: 1 | 2