Profile for Eala > Reviews

Content by Eala

Eala "Eala" (Bristol, UK)

Deepening Love, Sex & Intimacy: A True Story
Deepening Love, Sex & Intimacy: A True Story
by Graham Meltzer

4.0 out of 5 stars Good writing on an interesting topic, 17 Jan. 2015
I enjoyed this a lot.
I found it well written and quite fascinating, particularly because I know the people and the community involved. Even without that, I imagine it will be an interesting read for anyone with a curiosity for the real practise of conscious relationships.
I also found it very amusing at times, which may not be a compliment, since I may have been laughing at things that were not intended to be funny - but it did increase my personal enjoyment of the reading experience! ;-)

The Druid Craft Tarot Deck (Tarot Cards)
The Druid Craft Tarot Deck (Tarot Cards)
by Philip Carr-Gomm
Edition: Cards

3.0 out of 5 stars The small, condensed version, 26 Sept. 2012
Is everyone aware that this version of the Druidcraft Tarot comes with a tiny, pocket-sized book that has only condensed meanings in it? I wasn't, and ended up ordering this version by mistake. I still think the website descriptions are unclear, and do not distinguish between the 2 versions.

If you want the full version of the accompanying book, which I highly recommend - it is truly wonderful read! - you need to go here:
The Druid Craft Tarot: Use the Magic of Wicca and Druidry to Guide Your Life

Thorsons First Directions - Zen
Thorsons First Directions - Zen
by Martine Batchelor

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful & inspiring, 14 Jun. 2011
A great little intro to Zen, and a joy to revisit even for an experienced practitioner. I especially love the focus on the Ox-herding story. A lovely book.

Thorsons First Directions - Druidry
Thorsons First Directions - Druidry
by Emma Restall Orr

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful & inspiring, 14 Jun. 2011
Even though I've been following a druidic path for quite a few years now, I still find that the simple truth and beauty of this book continues to inspire and refresh me whenever I revisit it.

Future Without War. Theory of Global Healing
Future Without War. Theory of Global Healing
by Dieter Duhm

5.0 out of 5 stars Is it possible to change the world for the better?, 14 Jun. 2011
If you hope or believe it is, if you are interested in peace work and are open to some radical theories regarding nature, both human and otherwise, this book is well worth reading.

I first heard about the community of Tamera several years ago, via the Global Ecovillage Network, and I've been following their work with great interest ever since. This is a good introduction to the subtlety and complexity of the ideas of one of their founders. It is an intelligent, inspiring, challenging and compassionate read.

What the Bleep Do We Know!? [DVD] [2004] (Two-Disc Set)
What the Bleep Do We Know!? [DVD] [2004] (Two-Disc Set)
Dvd ~ Marlee Matlin
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars A missed opportunity, 18 Aug. 2006
This film had the potential to be interesting and thought-provoking, promising to show how modern scientific theory (such as quantum mechanics) can be used to explain some 'spiritual' ideas and phenomena.

Unfortunately I think it fails. The so-called science in this film is not only poorly explained and often plain wrong on fact, they didn't even begin to talk about the most amazing (and proven) aspects of cutting-edge physics. I found this disappointing.

And who are the people they interviewed? Are they supposed to be experts? Most of my A-level physics class could discuss these theories more accurately and intelligently than the people in this film! Perhaps you can see my frustration.

Finally, I found the fictional drama that is supposed to hold the whole thing together and keep us entertained rather banal and tedious.

Originally I wrote a more knee-jerk scathing review than this, however I recognise that a lot of people have benefited in their own way from watching this film, and I reckon that whatever helps us in our personal quests for meaning in this crazy life has got to be a good thing...

Each to their own :-)