Profile for Relaxed > Reviews

PriceRock Sterling Silver Antiqued First Holy Communion Medal
PriceRock Sterling Silver Antiqued First Holy Communion Medal
Offered by PriceRock

1.0 out of 5 stars Tiny medal!, 24 April 2012
I was very surprised at the size of this medal when it arrived. It measures 1.2cm in diameter (a half inch). A lot smaller than we were expecting!

Raising Our Children, Raising Ourselves
Raising Our Children, Raising Ourselves
by Naomi Aldort

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful guide to being true to yourself while parenting, 2 Feb. 2010
This is an amazing book, with some amazing techniques to show us how to break our old parenting patterns that usually don't feel right to us. When we respond in anger to our kids, we almost always regret it later. When we shout "How many times have I told you to STOP doing that," we usually don't feel like we are parenting from the heart. This book explains very simply how to turn this around so we always treat our children with love. After only a few days of Naomi Aldort's methods, my relationship with my 4 year old has drastically changed for the better, and I feel I am armed with the tools to deal with most situations that could occur. I still have to finish the book, but I am definitely experiencing the results already. If you are uncomfortable with the feeling that you are supposed to control your kid like a dog, then this is the book for you. The proof is in her own happy, well-rounded and successful teenage children. There are lots of examples and real-life conversations included to illustrate how exactly a change of response will change your child's confidence and mood for the better, permanently. Her methods are said to work for children from toddlers to teenagers, and I believe this would be true. A great break from the bonds of traditional parenting.

Who is it that can tell me who I am?
Who is it that can tell me who I am?
by Jane Haynes

1.0 out of 5 stars Uninteresting read, 2 Feb. 2010
As a person who's in therapy myself, I was interested in some insight to how therapy works and how it has worked for other people. I also thought it would help me understand the mind of a therapist, and help me come to terms with the information I need to impart to my therapist. However this book is about a person who attended 13 years of therapy, which is difficult for me to relate to. It is written in a stilted, old-fashioned and rather unfeeling manner, and largely seems to be about the "crush" she had on her own therapist, with references to what he wore at the sessions. Maybe it was beyond me, and there's more to be understood about the apparently boring and inane information detailed in this book. But for the average non-therapist, I would say this makes a very boring read.

Music for Children
Music for Children

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, melodic, feel-good music, 7 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Music for Children (Audio CD)
My acupuncturist uses this during acupuncture sessions (for adults!) & it's the most cheerful relaxation music I've ever heard. It makes you feel all tingly like Christmas :) I've just bought it for my little boy to fall asleep to as I know it will send him to sleep with nice dreams.