Profile for Cariad Eccleston > Reviews

Content by Cariad Eccleston

Cariad Eccleston "Cariad" (Exmouth, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Acctim 71503 Fresno Alarm Clock, Black, LCD, Radio Controlled
Acctim 71503 Fresno Alarm Clock, Black, LCD, Radio Controlled
Offered by Bargain.Hut

1.0 out of 5 stars Time drifts, alarms don't go off, 27 Mar. 2015
Ovet the last few weeks, the clock has been accurate and it only missed a few alarms. But then, this morning...

I woke up, rolled over, and saw the time on my clock: 8:25am. Crikey! My alarm was set for 5:50am, and it didn't go off!

I leapt out of bed, and as I grabbed my phone I noticed the time on it: 6:25am.

Huh.

So either my clock (with a radio-controlled time) was wrong, or my phone (with connections to Internet time servers) was wrong.

I found my laptop, and checked the time on there: 6:25am.

I asked Google what time it was in London: 6:25am.

So overnight, the clock had drifted off by two hours!

It's got fresh batteries, and a strong radio signal. I haven't done anything weird to it!

Anwyay, if you need a clock which tells the correct time and guarantees the alarm goes off in the morning, avoid this one.

How To Write A Novel In 6 Months: A published author's guide to writing a 50,000-word book in 24 weeks

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, inspirational, and useful!, 7 Jan. 2015
Okay, so I'm not published yet, but... :)

This was a really fun, inspirational, and useful read! I blasted out my outline quicker than I ever have before thanks to this guide!

Turtle Beach Ear Force PX4 Wireless Headset (PS4)
Turtle Beach Ear Force PX4 Wireless Headset (PS4)
Offered by GOLDEALS

2.0 out of 5 stars Not one for an easy life, audio keeps cutting out, 30 Nov. 2014
I'm the kind of gamer who basically wants things to work first time (or as close to first time as possible). This is kinda why I'm a console gamer rather than a PC builder & tweaker. This headset seems to be great for tweakers, with all kinds of buttons and tones to play with, but out of the box, it sucks.

There aren't any instructions included, so you have to go search the product's website for help setting it up. Plugging it into a PS4 and setting it up so that it works most basically is really easy, but the sound quality won't be amazing. There are tweaks for the equaliser and tones and surround sound and all kinds of things which aren't intuitive to work out (when you push a button, either a light or a tone will come on a number of times, and you have to read the instructions to know what it means). Tweaking the surround sound so that it works for you is especially frustrating, and you really need the website to help you. I still haven't had the patience for it.

Even with a seemingly strong pairing, I've still had problems with the audio cutting-out during games. It's SO frustrating to have to stop and wait, or even get up and try to figure out what's wrong.

They aren't even particularly comfortable to wear; I'm so used to wearing Sennheiser and Jabra headsets for hours on end, but these give me earache after less than an hour.

The best thing I can say about this is: the battery life is AMAZING! But the usability and reliability suck.

XO Digital Optical Toslink Cable 2m / 2 Metre Premium Install Series - suitable for PS3, PS4, XBOX One, Sky HD, LCD, LED, Plasma, Blu-ray, Home Cinema Systems, AV Amps
Offered by HDCentral

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly!, 15 April 2013
I got it to hook up my Xbox 360 to my speaker system, and it worked without a hitch. Love it! :)

Cable-Core Rubber Cable Floor Cover Protector Trunking Grey 67x12 3m
Cable-Core Rubber Cable Floor Cover Protector Trunking Grey 67x12 3m
Offered by PCArena

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and reliable, 15 April 2013
I got this to run my TV aerial and speaker cables across a doorway, and it works great. The rubber is heavy enough to keep it flat on the floor, and it feels really tough.

Wild and Wolf Keepsake Luggage Tag
Wild and Wolf Keepsake Luggage Tag

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and cute!, 15 April 2013
What more could you want from a luggage strap? It's sturdy, it survived a trip from the UK to the US and back again, and it's cute. :)

Karrimor Women's  Quilt Weathertite Black Snow Boot K287-BLK-153 8 UK, 42 EU, 9 US
Karrimor Women's Quilt Weathertite Black Snow Boot K287-BLK-153 8 UK, 42 EU, 9 US

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and comfortable, 15 April 2013
These things kept me warm! REALLY warm! Like, my feet were baking when I got to the office, despite the rest of me shivering from rain and snow. I love these!

Mophie Powerstation Battery for iPhones, iPads, Tablets, Smartphones and USB Devices - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Never lets me down!, 15 April 2013
I love this! It's small and light enough to keep in my handbag, and it's never failed to top-up my iPhone or iPad after a day away from power sockets. I've recently taken some all-day coach and train journeys, and it kept me going. I'd totally recommend it.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 - UK layout
Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 - UK layout

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, but not really multi-touch, 15 April 2013
Many of the descriptions and reviews of this keyboard say it has a "multi-touch" trackpad. This isn't "multi-touch" in the Mac OS sense, because you can't use the zoom, paging, Mission Control, Spaces etc. gestures. When Logitech say "multi-touch", they mean the trackpad will translate a two-finger push into a scroll.

It's a nice keyboard, though! It's certainly good enough to sit back and use it with my living room media centre. The trackpad is a bit insensitive though, and moving the mouse cursor around can be a chore. If you've ever used any of Apple's own trackpads, you'll be disappointed with this, but it's good enough.

Ex-Pro TosLink to Mini Optical Cable, 1m [Suitable for Vaio Optical out, MacBook, MacBook Pro, New iMac, Mac Mini etc..)
Offered by ExpressPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, 15 April 2013
I bought this to connect my 2012 Mac Mini to my sound system, and it worked perfectly first time. No worries!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3