Profile for Cariad Eccleston > Reviews

Content by Cariad Eccleston

Cariad Eccleston "Cariad" (Exmouth, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Bobble BPA-Free 550 ml Water Bottle, Magenta
Bobble BPA-Free 550 ml Water Bottle, Magenta

1.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to love it, but just not high quality, 15 July 2015
I really wanted to love it, and I bought a couple in anticipation, but they just don't last very long. Both the nozzles leaked, and one cracked.

Citronella Coils
Citronella Coils
Offered by One Click Wonder

5.0 out of 5 stars The best!, 15 July 2015
This review is from: Citronella Coils (Sports)
Of all the methods I've tried of dissuading flies from my living room, these coils are the best!

They come joined in pairs, and they're a pain to separate, but they burn for ages and help a ton.

Chase Marmalade Vodka 70 cl
Chase Marmalade Vodka 70 cl

4.0 out of 5 stars Subtle, but love it!, 15 July 2015
This review is from: Chase Marmalade Vodka 70 cl (Wine)
It's a very subtle flavour, but it's great little addition to my cocktails. :)

Zero In 60-Day Fly & Insect Killer
Zero In 60-Day Fly & Insect Killer
Offered by LightingandMobileAccessoriesUK

1.0 out of 5 stars Just doesn't work for me. :(, 15 July 2015
It just doesn't work for me, sorry. :(

I tried a citronella incense burner, and it was much better than this.

Chilly's Bottles Double Walled Vacuum Bottle - Pink, 500 ml
Chilly's Bottles Double Walled Vacuum Bottle - Pink, 500 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars The best water bottle I've ever bought!, 15 July 2015
This is absolutely the best water bottle I've ever bought! It doesn't leak, water tastes great out of it, and it keeps my chilled drinks coooooooold for ages. It might seem a bit pricey, but it's totally worth it.

Duracell BLS-5 Battery for Olympus Camera
Duracell BLS-5 Battery for Olympus Camera

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly!, 15 July 2015
What more can I say than: it works perfectly! :D

Magi Mitt Body Exfoliator - Best Exfoliating Mitten & Dead Skin Remover - Microdermabrasion Tool For Skin Firming - Wrinkle Repair - Scar Removal - Cellulite Massager - Blackhead Remover - Dry Skin Face Body Scrub

5.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, but I love it anyway!, 15 July 2015
The mitt wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but WOW I love the results!

First up: it isn't as rough I had expected, and I don't get a real "deep cleaning" sensation when I'm using it. I don't feel the benefits at all until I'm out of the shower, dry and cooled down -- and THEN my skin feels softer and cleaner.

So, it isn't what I was expecting, but I love it anyway!

Acctim 71503 Fresno Alarm Clock, Black, LCD, Radio Controlled
Acctim 71503 Fresno Alarm Clock, Black, LCD, Radio Controlled
Offered by Smartshop Online

1.0 out of 5 stars Time drifts, alarms don't go off, 27 Mar. 2015
Ovet the last few weeks, the clock has been accurate and it only missed a few alarms. But then, this morning...

I woke up, rolled over, and saw the time on my clock: 8:25am. Crikey! My alarm was set for 5:50am, and it didn't go off!

I leapt out of bed, and as I grabbed my phone I noticed the time on it: 6:25am.

Huh.

So either my clock (with a radio-controlled time) was wrong, or my phone (with connections to Internet time servers) was wrong.

I found my laptop, and checked the time on there: 6:25am.

I asked Google what time it was in London: 6:25am.

So overnight, the clock had drifted off by two hours!

It's got fresh batteries, and a strong radio signal. I haven't done anything weird to it!

Anwyay, if you need a clock which tells the correct time and guarantees the alarm goes off in the morning, avoid this one.

How To Write A Novel In 6 Months: A published author's guide to writing a 50,000-word book in 24 weeks

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, inspirational, and useful!, 7 Jan. 2015
Okay, so I'm not published yet, but... :)

This was a really fun, inspirational, and useful read! I blasted out my outline quicker than I ever have before thanks to this guide!

Turtle Beach Ear Force PX4 Wireless Headset (PS4)
Turtle Beach Ear Force PX4 Wireless Headset (PS4)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not one for an easy life, audio keeps cutting out, 30 Nov. 2014
I'm the kind of gamer who basically wants things to work first time (or as close to first time as possible). This is kinda why I'm a console gamer rather than a PC builder & tweaker. This headset seems to be great for tweakers, with all kinds of buttons and tones to play with, but out of the box, it sucks.

There aren't any instructions included, so you have to go search the product's website for help setting it up. Plugging it into a PS4 and setting it up so that it works most basically is really easy, but the sound quality won't be amazing. There are tweaks for the equaliser and tones and surround sound and all kinds of things which aren't intuitive to work out (when you push a button, either a light or a tone will come on a number of times, and you have to read the instructions to know what it means). Tweaking the surround sound so that it works for you is especially frustrating, and you really need the website to help you. I still haven't had the patience for it.

Even with a seemingly strong pairing, I've still had problems with the audio cutting-out during games. It's SO frustrating to have to stop and wait, or even get up and try to figure out what's wrong.

They aren't even particularly comfortable to wear; I'm so used to wearing Sennheiser and Jabra headsets for hours on end, but these give me earache after less than an hour.

The best thing I can say about this is: the battery life is AMAZING! But the usability and reliability suck.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3