Profile for C. S. Redford > Reviews

Mens Chino Shorts by Brave Soul 'Fern' Cotton Twill
Mens Chino Shorts by Brave Soul 'Fern' Cotton Twill
Offered by Xact Clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 May 2015
These are the second pair I have ordered & I am very impressed. Normally I buy Jack Jones or Original Penguin shorts.
The material & construction of these shorts are just as good, possibly better. For this price I would highly recommend....

Jockey® Mens Classic 3-Pack Cotton Rib Y-Front® Brief Underwear with Fly, colours Navy, Indigo, and Azure, size 34
Offered by Spences Clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 22 Jan. 2015
Great underwear that's just so much more comfortable than boxers!

Breo Watches Classic Black Watch B-TI-CLC77 Silicon
Breo Watches Classic Black Watch B-TI-CLC77 Silicon

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent light weight watch, 21 July 2013
I got this low cost watch following the really hot weather. I usually wear a stainless steel divers watch & this light weight silicon strap really is a nice change. Watch looks great, keeps good time & is very light on the wrist - it may be a while before my divers watch is back on my wrist!!

SPIGEN SGP iPhone 5S / 5 Case Ultra Thin Air Series Smooth Black
SPIGEN SGP iPhone 5S / 5 Case Ultra Thin Air Series Smooth Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ultra slim case, 21 July 2013
This really is a fantastic case if you are looking for something minimal to protect the very easy to scratch rear of the iPhone 5. Personally I would prefer no case at all & think this is the closest you will get to 'no case'. Obviously such a light weight & slim case will not offer a robust defence against everything - if you are looking for a super protective brick, this is not the case for you!!!The matt black finish is very tactile and the case fits perfectly around the camera aperture & on/off buttons etc - A work colleague saw my phone & commented 'do you not have a case for your phone?' That is exactly what I want people to think!!!

Do buy this case - if you want a minimal design to protect the rear & sides of the iPhone 5 which do seem to scratch/mark easily.....

Do not buy this case - if you are expecting s robust product to protect against everything you can throw at your iPhone (& frankly why would you want that product!!)

Bowers & Wilkins A5 Wireless Music System B&W
Bowers & Wilkins A5 Wireless Music System B&W

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 20 Jun. 2013
I was lucky enough to receive the A5 as a 40th Birthday gift. I had been umming and aahing for quite a long time as to which wireless speakers would best suit, to the point I stopped looking (hence the gift I guess!). The sound is amazing - I listen to a wide range of genres and all were flawless...... I wish I could do into a diatribe about bass/treble levels & vocal clarity, but thats not really how I listen to music. In very simple terms this is a great speaker, the sound is crisp, the set-up easy and there is never any connection issues..... Great piece of kit, worth the money - its up to you!

Lightfields [DVD]
Lightfields [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dakota Blue Richards
Offered by simply-well-priced

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent drama and worth a watch, 28 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Lightfields [DVD] (DVD)
I thought this was a really enjoyable drama with generally excellent acting - Yes its a ghost story, yes there is the odd cliche, but its good to see ITV investing in good UK drama. I personally felt this was better than Marchlands and it benefits from being an episode less. Ghost stories have been written and filmed for years, so I think its inevitable there is the odd 'thats been done before' moment. That doesnt distract from what is a very well acted drama with good twists and turns. Whilst its a ghost story do not expect something very scary (as seems to be the way with movies at the moment!) - This a UK drama made for terrestrial television, with a good UK cast - Excellent

Utopia [DVD]
Utopia [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alexandra Roach

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 26 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Utopia [DVD] (DVD)
This is essential viewing and without doubt one of the most interesting and compelling dramas I have seen for ages. The acting was top drawer and the pace of each episode was perfect. I would strongly recommend this to anyone who enjoys good drama and excellent acting. It in no way bothered me, but some of you squeamish types may not enjoy the violence.
I think a special mention must go to the actor Neil Maskell - the character of Arby is a really interesting mix of chilling and childlike. As I said though all the acting is first class! Please, please, PLEASE give this a watch - you will not be disappointed.........

Bon Iver, Bon Iver
Bon Iver, Bon Iver

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply stunning, 28 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Bon Iver, Bon Iver (Audio CD)
I first heard of Bon Iver when 6 music were playing Calgary early in the year. I have since purchased both albums but Bon Iver is the best album I have listened to for a good few years. It is very different and I am sure many people 'will not get it' (as doesnt the missus). Its a really beautiful piece that I cant fault, aside from the last song which is a bit Bruce Hornsby? I am not really eloquent enough, (or bothered enough), to give some long winded review detailing each tracks merit. I think this is a stunning album from a very different and very brilliant artist. Give it a go, it may be just your favourite album ever???

Smother
Smother

5.0 out of 5 stars TOP Album, 12 May 2011
This review is from: Smother (Audio CD)
I got Two Dancers around the time they were nominated for the Mercury Award in 2010 and it very quickly became my album of the year. Smother, I feel, is a real step forward. After one listen is obvious this will be on my iPod for weeks and months to come. Great great album, great great band - what's more to say?

Page: 1 | 2