Profile for Rachy-Bee > Reviews

Rachy-Bee

Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures Game Expansion: Y-Wing
Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures Game Expansion: Y-Wing

5.0 out of 5 stars Good expansion, 26 July 2013
Bought for the other half as an expansion to the starter box. He was pleased with it and it made a good addition to the Rebellion! Even though Darth Vadar blew it up in no time haha.

SNOW ANTI SLIP ICE GRIPPERS FOR BOOTS SHOES GRIPS OVERSHOE SMALL (2.5 -6)
SNOW ANTI SLIP ICE GRIPPERS FOR BOOTS SHOES GRIPS OVERSHOE SMALL (2.5 -6)
Offered by Price Attack Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't like falling over in the snow? Buy these!, 26 July 2013
So far these are the best shoe grippers I could find and they haven't disappointed.

I'm quite unsteady on snow/ice and have fallen over a lot until I bought these, I've only used them for one winter and I haven't fallen over yet so they do the job!
Make sure you have a plastic bag on you because they're (understandably) not the most convenient things to carry around when not in use (especially when wet), particularly when going into shops.

Belkin 4 Port Travel Hub
Belkin 4 Port Travel Hub

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 18 Feb. 2013
Got this to multiply the amount of usb ports I have from the back of the computer. You will need an extension cable if you're planning to use this for your pc (as I am) as the cable on the port itself is as short as it shows.

Does the job, I've had no problems with it so far other than I've had to blu-tack it to the top of my tower. It's so light (good for travel I guess) it's easily pulled about by the other usb cables you put in it.

Like it, would recommend if you want something simple.

2 x atFoliX Screen Protection Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch 1.Generation - FX-Antireflex anti-reflective
Offered by @FoliX GmbH

5.0 out of 5 stars No regrets., 18 Feb. 2013
I got these because they were recommended by a friend for protecting the surface of my newly bought wacom tablet (pen and touch). They did not disappoint!

Relatively easy to apply though the piece of cardboard that comes with it to help with the application could be better. No sticky residue left on the tablet if you take it off (which was one of my worries) and actually makes the surface seem smoother to use. Haven't had it long but it's already preventing scratches to the tablet so does what it says.

Acting for Animators
Acting for Animators
by Ed Hooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Are you an animator? You need this in your life!, 18 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Acting for Animators (Paperback)
This book is full of interesting and vital information, advice and lessons about acting specifically for animators.

It looks at behaviour, gestures and really getting into the head of your character to help you produce better character animation. I bought this a while ago now for when I was on my Masters course and would recommend any animator of any level to get their hands on a copy too! Especially if you're animating characters.

Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch Graphics Tablet
Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch Graphics Tablet

5.0 out of 5 stars A much needed upgrade, 18 Jan. 2013
I finally decided (and finances finally allowed!) to upgrade my old Trust tablet to this Wacom Bamboo as my old one couldn't keep up with my new pc.

I have not been disappointed at all. Installation was easy. There was a bit of an issue with getting the pressure to work but there are plenty of answers on the internet to help so it wasn't an issue for long. Once I got it set up as I wanted it (on one monitor only - I run dual monitors) and started using it I knew I had made a great investment. The touch is pretty neat though I have it disabled most of the time. I bought this one instead of the cheaper one because this has the buttons on the side which I have set to certain shortcuts for Photoshop (very handy for any artist!).

Size is perfect as it sits on my desk next to my keyboard without getting in the way (last tablet was huge!) and I can move it in front of my keyboard when I wish to use it.

Would highly recommend to anyone wishing for a neat little tablet for a good price as I have not regretted this one bit :)

Blood Bowl Team Manager - The Card Game
Blood Bowl Team Manager - The Card Game

5.0 out of 5 stars A much loved gift, 18 Jan. 2013
Bought this as a Christmas gift for my other half who was already a fan of the Bloodbowl game - he absolutely loves it.

Basically a card interpretation of the game where you can play a season in a shorter sitting. Very fun whether you two players or four. I personally find it better to play as I don't like playing the original very often so you know someone who loves the game a lot more than you do, try this with them!

Ready Steady Bed 2in1 Panda Soft Toy Travel Cushion - Pillow 48CM x 38CM
Ready Steady Bed 2in1 Panda Soft Toy Travel Cushion - Pillow 48CM x 38CM

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift!, 13 Sept. 2011
I was a bit worried at first when I saw the inner packaging was torn but the panda was in good condition with no marks so I was very happy with it. It was a gift for a friend and she loved it which was the most important thing. It's nice and soft and would definitely make a nice pillow/cushion anywhere, not just travel :)