Profile for tally > Reviews

tally

Farah Vintage Akin Men's Jacket Midnight Medium
Farah Vintage Akin Men's Jacket Midnight Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish jacket, 7 Mar 2014
A Christmas present for my 16 year old son. He has worn it every since ! Looks smart but also great with jeans .really good buy- considering his mum chose it !

Rage Against the Dying
Rage Against the Dying
by Becky Masterman
Price: 7.35

2.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Rage Against the Dying (Paperback)
If you like American style crime fiction this is for you. The book gained a lot of media hype and for me didn't live up to its publicity .

The Light Years: Cazalet Chronicles Book 1
The Light Years: Cazalet Chronicles Book 1
by Elizabeth Jane Howard
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars The beginning of a great saga, 7 Mar 2014
The introduction to the cazalet family and what a mixed bunch they are.As the story approaches the beginning of the Second World War , we get to know the duchy, the brig as the head of the family ,their 3 sons Edward ,Hugh and Rupert , their wives and children. A thoroughly enjoyable read and the beginning of a set of 5 books in which the characters become like old friends.

The Secret Keeper
The Secret Keeper
by Kate Morton
Price: 3.85

3.0 out of 5 stars Long read, 20 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Secret Keeper (Paperback)
I've read all Kate Mortons books and really enjoyed them.i thought this would be ideal to take on holiday , although unfortunately the heat didn't agree and the book very quickly fell apart. I found the novel very long winded and could have got to the point in half the amount of pages.for me the secret keeper really only got going about 400 pages in !!! By which time a lot of readers would of given up ! Having said that , if you can wait that long , the conclusion of the story has the required twist at the end .

Golden Boy
Golden Boy
by Abigail Tarttelin
Price: 10.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Unusual read, 20 Aug 2013
This review is from: Golden Boy (Hardcover)
This book was recommended to me and the author grew up in the next village to where I live, so I thought I must give the book a chance.
I must admit I've never read anything quite like golden boy before , early on in the novel there is quite a shocking event
[- an oh my god , moment.] and the subject of the novel is very sensitive but handled in a mature and balanced way.i enjoyed the book and read it very quickly, it deserves to do well.

The Son-in-Law
The Son-in-Law
by Charity Norman
Price: 7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 20 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Son-in-Law (Paperback)
This is the first charity Norman book I've read and I really loved it. The characters were so likeable , my heart went out to Freddie and his devotion to the children and Hannah , was pitched at the right level both emotionally and from his sheer common sense approach. I very rarely cry when reading , but this novel touched my heart strings and tears rolled down my face at the end. I often feel disappointed at the end of a novel because authors seem to like to leave the reader hanging, never quite finishing the story , in the son in law this wasn't the case , each character was given a future and a satisfying conclusion at the end. I will certainly be reading more charity Norman.