ARRAY(0xb4a1ad74)

Waterman Harmonie Beige CT Fountain Pen S0684310
Offered by bargainartistshop
Price: 36.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Classy, 2 Nov 2013
I have waited for a while to review this pen as I wanted to see how it did over time. Waterman pens are always lovely-looking and this is no exception - it isn't really beige at all - that description threw me off - actually it is more of a brushed metallic sheen, somewhere between silver and gold in colour..ish, with chrome edging. It's nicer than I expected anyway ! Waterman nibs are always broader than most other companies which is partly why I go for them as my handwriting is on the medium to large scale. Medium for Waterman would almost be broad for some other makes. My only gripe is that the ink flow isn't always as smooth as I would expect from such a good make and it can suddenly dry on some strokes which can be hard work. On the whole though it is lovely in the hand - a good weight and width and very handsome.

Platignum, Nos 6 Ballpoint Pen. Black with Chrome Detail
Platignum, Nos 6 Ballpoint Pen. Black with Chrome Detail

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and good value..and quite classy looking too !, 2 Nov 2013
Platignum are great for creating low cost pens that are of a good quality and this is no exception. This is a chunky and quite weighty little number but is also well-balanced so does not feel too heavy. It comes with two more black refills - two, I ask you, how good is that ?? And if you would prefer, it takes Parker biro refills too. I love it's curvy shape - nice to hold. I have a similar pen from another company that shall remain nameless but retails it's equivalent at over 30 (although Amazon is sure to have someone selling it cheaper, as I discovered !) - also a gorgeous looking creature, but I like writng with the platignum better !

A Life At Work: The joy of discovering what you were born to do
A Life At Work: The joy of discovering what you were born to do
by Thomas Moore
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Thomas Moore's books !, 2 Nov 2013
Tom Moore has a 'song to sing' and it is something about allowing your soul to have life and breath - to grow, deepen and be enriched by whatever comes your way on the journey of life. He is a master guide who writes with love and compassion for his readers and an integrity and honesty about himself. In our family, we all say he is 'permission-giving'. I have had this book for a while now, but recently rebought it for my daughter(another fan !) who has reached a stage in life where she is making major new starts and struggling to work out what direction she wants to take, jobs to apply for etc. She found Moore's approach so helpful for regaining perspective and giving herself space to reflect on what matters to her - what is her life 'opus' as he calls it. He is able to bring his unique slant to an area of life that can often get left out of the spiritual arena and breathe new life into our understanding of what we mean by 'work'.

Reflex Womens/Ladies Watch-Large/Jumbo Easy Read Bold Dial - Partially Sighted-18cm Strap (101219LT)
Offered by BM ENTERPRISE (UK) LTD
Price: 5.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little watch for the money, 2 Nov 2013
There are lots of reviews here for this watch which I found very useful so thanks everybody else ! I just wanted to add that the watch itself does a great job just as many others have said, it is indeed the strap that lets it down. BUT...I feel that for the ridiculously low price I would rather the money had been spent on the watch and not the strap - it is important to be realistic about what we are expecting for the price ! I felt that as it was so cheap I would treat myself to a better strap and change it for the flimsy one it comes with - there are plenty to choose from on Amazon that are only about three or four pounds, in different colours and designs and you still get a great little watch for under a tenner. I don't wear black anyway so now I have given it a jazzy little cream number and it looks lovely. Very satisfied customer

The Sevenfold Journey: Reclaiming Mind, Body and Spirit Through the Chakras
The Sevenfold Journey: Reclaiming Mind, Body and Spirit Through the Chakras
by Anodea Judith
Price: 12.72

5.0 out of 5 stars A great practical book with lots of great ideas.., 2 Nov 2013
I love Anodea Judith's other book on the chakras - 'Eastern Body, Western Mind' and wanted to see if she had done someting that took her ideas further, into more practical ways of exploring them. This is that book - lots of hands on exercises - e.g. journalling, yoga for each chakra, groupwork, suggestions for music and sacred rituals..something for everybody to try. I liked it so much I bought it for my daughter who also found it a great introduction to the chakras - each section tells you enough to help you get a good idea of what the chakra is about without being too wordy. So - an excellent companion to Eastern Body.. or an equally excellent introduction to practically working through the chakras in interesting and satisfying ways. Judith has a talent for communication and uses her therapeutic skills and grounded wisdom to great effect here. Highly recommended.

2014 Stained Glass 16-Month Weekly Planner (Compact Engagement Calendar, Diary)
2014 Stained Glass 16-Month Weekly Planner (Compact Engagement Calendar, Diary)
by Peter Pauper Press Inc.
Edition: Calendar
Price: 9.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous as well as practical, 2 Nov 2013
I love nearly all things Peter Pauper and this diary is the same high quality as their other stationery products. The cover is an embossed design which is very nice to run your fingers over and the colours are beautiful ! It runs from September 2013 to December 2014 and has all the major festival and bank holiday dates. There is a decent set of address pages and a few for notes at the back which I find handy for the family and friends you want to keep track of. Only thing I wish it has was a page marking ribbon which their other journals have - I tend to cut off a corner of the page I have just finished so that I can get straight to the right date.
Otherwise - perfect.

4 PAIRS OF CHECK PATTERN WAYFARER STYLE READING GLASSES +1.5 D529
4 PAIRS OF CHECK PATTERN WAYFARER STYLE READING GLASSES +1.5 D529

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value and fun !, 2 Nov 2013
I was very pleasantly surprised by these glasses - for the price they are sturdy and well made. Each pair comes in its own colour-coordinated slip-in case. The check pattern is subtle but enough to make them look a bit funky and individual. The four colours - red,purple,pink(ish) and brown are great for treating them like accessories or just for ringing the changes. I think they would fit most sizes of head - mine is quite small and they are very comfortable. They are a bit tight for my husband's large head but wearable.
They arrived quickly and well packaged too. I was in two minds about whether I wanted four pairs of glasses but these are fun as well as doing a good job so I'm glad I treated myself ! Incidentally, the photo does not really do the colours or shape justice and they are 'deeper' than they look., as in, larger lenses.

Laminating Pouches 150 Micron, 100 Pack, A4
Laminating Pouches 150 Micron, 100 Pack, A4
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 17 April 2013
Laminating pouches can be REALLY expensive(ouch) but these are very good value and do a great job. Very satisfied customer...

Parker Jotter Stainless Steel Chrome Trim Medium Nib Fountain Pen
Parker Jotter Stainless Steel Chrome Trim Medium Nib Fountain Pen
Offered by Pen-Sale
Price: 9.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Like most Parker Pens - solid and serviceable, 17 April 2013
Still like this little fountain pen from Parker. Nothing special but very user-friendly and cute because of it's bit-smaller-than-your-average-fountain-pen size. Nib and ink flow are smooth - comes with a spare cartridge but you need to buy a barrel filler if you want to use bottled ink( a much cheaper way to fill a pen if not as convenient..)

The Soul's Religion
The Soul's Religion
by Thomas Moore
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not one of his best but still worth a read.., 17 April 2013
This review is from: The Soul's Religion (Paperback)
This book seems to be a transition between 'Care of the Soul' and Dark Nights of the Soul' - it certainly feels that way. Moore is exploring the differences between soul and spirit, with reference to religion - which I guess is what the title alludes to !

Having read 'Dark Nights' first, as my introduction to the writing of this wonderful author, I sense that this earlier book is a stepping stone along the way as I recognised many of the same ideas at a more exploratory stage.

Because I love Moore's work so much I will happily read anything he writes as it is so interesting, thought-provoking, creative, compassionate and permission-giving. His ability to draw on so many different fields of study and bring them together in such interesting and highly readable ways can leave me contemplating for days, months, years..!

However, I would recommend 'Care of' and 'Dark Nights' as the best introductions to his writings...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5