Profile for electric_warrior > Reviews

electric_warrior (East Sussex)

Asus RT-AC68U Wireless Broadband Router
Asus RT-AC68U Wireless Broadband Router

5.0 out of 5 stars Fastest Wi-Fi, 1 May 2014
I bought this to replace my trusty D-Link DIR-655 router which has served me well, but I wanted to get a dual band router so that I might use the 5Ghz band for streaming HD video around the house and using the 2.4Ghz band for general browsing and file downloading. I chose this model after reading several reviews online which described it as one of, if not the best Wi-Fi router available at this time. Well, I have found a massive improvement in the speed of my Wi-Fi connections at home and no drop-outs whilst streaming HD video, which I had occasionally suffered before. It is expensive, but it certainly performs brilliantly, and has masses of features which as yet I've not had cause to use, but will be investigating for future use. Highly recommended router that is easy to set up as standard, and performs brilliantly both cabled and in Wi-Fi.

A Long Long War: Voices from the British Army in Northern Ireland 1969-98
A Long Long War: Voices from the British Army in Northern Ireland 1969-98
by Ken Wharton

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read, 17 Feb 2013
Ken Wharton writes about the troubles in Northern Ireland from the perspective of the ordinary soldiers on the ground. He gives them the opportunity to tell how it was for them. I enjoyed this book, and it brought back many memories, good and bad of times spent in the province during the seventies.

Roccat Kave Solid 5.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset
Roccat Kave Solid 5.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice gaming headset., 17 Oct 2009
Straight out of the box these headphones sound awful, but with careful setting up both on your sound card and the built in controls, they are amazing with excellent surround sound, much better than I've heard in any other surround headsets, including the most popular brand. Gunshots and explosions in game give a very immersing experience and you can hear the position of your enemies very easily. The rumble effect certainly adds to the excitement of the game. As with all Roccat products, the packaging is stylish, and the headphones are very comfortable to wear for long periods. They are very well made. Others have comment to me on how clear and the microphone sounds in both Skype and Teamspeak, and I really like the blue LED which lights up in the end of the microphone when you mute it with the built in controls. There is also a permanent blue LED where the mic is attached to the phones, making them look really cool.

Breville JK27 Lightening Keep Warm Illuminated Jug Kettle 3000W
Breville JK27 Lightening Keep Warm Illuminated Jug Kettle 3000W

1.0 out of 5 stars Taints The Water, 24 Feb 2005
I bought one of these after seeing one at a friends house. Looks good, but the performance of my one was poor. Despite following instructions for the initial cleaning before use, and after a few weeks use, if you re-boil the water in the kettle there is a distinct bad taste and both coffee and tea are tainted, as if some chemical used in the manufacturing process is leaking into the water. Same thing with the keep warm facility, which makes it useless. I tried using filtered water for a while too, in case it was my local supply. It was still bad. I've had to throw away countless cups of coffee and tea, and now I've thrown away the damn kettle!