Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (UK)

Mosquito Patches Insect Repellent Deet free perfect for the family.
Mosquito Patches Insect Repellent Deet free perfect for the family.
Offered by Global 1st Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars No bites, but would I have been bitten anyway?, 14 Sep 2014
My first time using this product was in India. I was there for a week. Mostly on business, but I took one road trip to see the Taj Mahal. It's difficult to write a review for this product because all I can tell you is that when I wore them I wasn't bitten. I really can't tell you whether I'd have actually been bitten anyhow. However I'll carry on using them, and update this review as I go.

Ice Cream Happy Hour: 50 Boozy Treats That You Spike and Freeze at Home
Ice Cream Happy Hour: 50 Boozy Treats That You Spike and Freeze at Home

5.0 out of 5 stars After making three of the recipes, 23 Jan 2014
So far we've made the Whisky Shot, the Peach Schnapps, and the White Russian, and they've all gone extremely well. So you know, I'm no cook. I mean seriously, on a normal day I'd struggle to make instant noodles. But the recipes are easy to follow, and the output amazing. This is REALLY good stuff.

Scalding the milk needs just a little care (not to overheat and scramble the eggs) but I've avoided that so far. (a cooking thermometer might help I guess if like me you're not used to that). The rest is equally simple.

Clearly lots of effort, research and ingenuity has gone into making these recipes, and I want to express my sincere appreciation to the authors for that. There's nothing else like this to my knowledge. It's a great idea, very well executed.

Many thanks for the great ice cream. Now all I have to do is lose a few pounds :)

Oh BTW. Don't drive after eating this. NOT JOKING.

Forex For Beginners
Forex For Beginners

5.0 out of 5 stars Objective viewpoint., 10 Jan 2014
So I'll admit. I saw this book at the Kindle price and almost wrote it off. After all. It had a low price, and all the reviews five stars. Sirens were going off in my mind, and I'd defend being circumspect given the topic. But I humbly admit that I was quite wrong. This book is VERY good. It doesn't cover the entire length and breadth of forex, but that's not what I needed. I'd got that already from the internet, but was still no closer to knowing what to do. This however presents a credible start towards trading in forex. The book contained much no nonsense advice that rang true even as I checked it against what was going on in the markets at the time. It also gave a reality check that I probably needed, and installed some hard does and don'ts that I suspect will save me many times the purchase price of this text. The book is a little prescriptive of the author's specific beliefs and approach. But those beliefs appear founded on insightful and thought through principles, which are clearly derived from a long term objective study of real world trading. Before buying I researched the author, and signed up for one of their webinars, which was free, practical and immensely useful. There's precious little objective and truthful literature on this subject as far as I can tell. So it'd be to your loss if you overlooked this book. I need to say that buying books on the basis of Amazon's reviews all being five stars is a flawed approach in my view. If you're buying books on a topic this riddled with poor steers, then I'd research the author carefully. I did that, liked what I saw, so I bought this book. And for its price I'm VERY pleased that I did.

OtterBox Defender Series for Samsung Galaxy S4 IV Glacier (White / Grey)
OtterBox Defender Series for Samsung Galaxy S4 IV Glacier (White / Grey)
Offered by Amy`s Schätze

3.0 out of 5 stars Mostly good but one significant flaw found., 17 Jun 2013
Case is very protective. Makes the phone look and feel rather bulky, but then that's always going to be a trade off for this level of protection, and the overall impression is good considering. The in built screen protector worked well for me with no loss of sensitivity or precision in the touch screen.

All in all very good until I realised that the case messes up the proximity sensor, which I do feel ought to have been tested quite frankly. The sensor isn't covered by the case, but the depth of case raised closely around the edge of the sensor is quite high which seems to affect its operation. The effect is that while in a call, the proximity sensor does not register if you've taken the phone away from your head to see the screen or end the call, so the screen doesn't come back on. Not enough of an irritation to return the item, but worth mentioning if you're still making the decision over whether to buy this one against other similar products.

All in all good, but I'm going to be a little harsh and three star this over the proximity sensor thing because let's face it, the price you pay is really for the design rather than the build cost, so I'd expect this to have been tested and caught prior to production.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 12, 2013 12:42 AM BST

Asus TF300T 10.1-inch Multitouch Tablet with Keyboard (Blue) (Nvidia Tegra 3 1.4GHz, 1GB RAM, 32GB HDD, WLAN, BT, 2x Cam, Android 4.0)
Offered by Factory Direct Price

3.0 out of 5 stars Good tablet. Average warranty support., 27 Sep 2012
Note this was not purchased from Amazon. Amazon were using HDNL to deliver them so I cancelled and brought from CPWH.

So it's an amazing tablet and I'm happy with it in all respects save a niggle where the keyboard dock sometimes doesn't register as connected until you wiggle the hinge a couple of times. (Yes the connection is mechanically sound, and I have tried a compressed air spray around the connector to clean). Any unit can go wrong, however in this case I had purchased two, so by a process of elimintation was able to prove that it was the dock that was the problem and not the tablet. Despite this, Asus are insisting that both tablet and keyboard be returned which seems inconvenient and unnecessary, and furthermore are quoting 10 working days for a repair turnaround. (HTC quote 72 hours by comparison). so although I really like the product, I'm a little underwhelmed by the manufacturer's customer care.

Nice product and would recommend. But if parting with it for a week+ would bother you then perhaps look elsewhere.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 21, 2012 12:41 AM GMT

The Manager's Guide to HR: Hiring, Firing, Performance Evaluations, Documentation, Benefits, and Everything Else You Need to Kn: Hiring, Firing, ... and Everything Else You Need to Know
by Max Muller

1.0 out of 5 stars A US publication for US employment law., 28 Sep 2011
I'm writing this because I've seen this on the Amazon UK site. Obviously it'd be best to get a UK publication if you're looking for a reference for managing within the UK.

Mini Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad/iPhone 4.0 OS/Window Mobile/Symbian smartphone
Mini Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad/iPhone 4.0 OS/Window Mobile/Symbian smartphone
Offered by Gadgetsonline

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but compatability issue with Android bluetooth stack, 5 Dec 2010
This keyboard works well on my HTC Touch HD, and I'm pleased with the feel and speed of typing. However I was hoping it would work with my HTC Desire running Froyo. But alas it doesn't, and won't until I root the phone and replace the Bluetooth stack, which is a bit extreme, but in for a penny...... I've rated 4 stars because this isn't a fault of the keyboard per se, and it's widely known that Android BT is hit and miss on some models. So in all this is good, but beware, or be prepared to mess with your phone to make it work.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 5, 2012 10:49 PM BST

Micro Fuzion Radar / Laser Detection System
Micro Fuzion Radar / Laser Detection System
Offered by Electro World

1.0 out of 5 stars Warns you only after you're nicked!, 24 Jun 2008
So my unit is completely insensitive and unresponsive. It only warned me of cameras when I had already gone through them. Fortunately I wasn't actually speeding! Of course if you're only using it to detect accident black spots rather than your license then maybe it still has a use. But I hope this helps your purchasing decision. I'm charging mine back via the card company.

Elite Premium Stereo Headset Adapter for XDA Orbit, XDA Stellar, SPV M3100, HTC Tytn, HTC Tytn II, Mda Compact III

5.0 out of 5 stars They work fine on the SPV M3100, 2 Mar 2008
I normally wouldn't have bothered reviewing something this simple. But since there was no other review, I thought it'd be worth at least saying that this does work as advertised. I used it to listen to music on my M3100 through stereo headphones, and the sound quality is very good.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2009 5:38 PM BST