Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Trading in the Zone
Trading in the Zone
by Mark Douglas

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok. But long and drawn out., 10 July 2015
This review is from: Trading in the Zone (Hardcover)
There's good points here . It's just that they could have been conveyed in at most half the time. Was the author being paid per sentence?

Hangerworld Single Fabric Shaver- Removes Bobbles & Fuzz from Clothes & Upholstery - Batter Powered

4.0 out of 5 stars It worked., 2 May 2015
This worked well for me. I used it to get bobbles off a fleece which now looks like new. Didn't smell, get hot or behave in any way badly. But it's a cheap and basic thing so believable that you could get a bad one perhaps. Anyway, I felt what I was paying for was my fleece looking new again, and since that's happened at a fraction of the price of purchasing a new one, I'm happy!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Manufacturer listens to its customers. Thanks!, 2 May 2015
The sound is good, so they're useful for listening to music. I did have an issue with the microphone not being that sensitive. However GRDE listened to me and have rectified this problem which I was really quite impressed with. This company is exercising a continuous product improvement policy and it shows!

LUJII HD 1080P Quad Core Android 4.2 TV Box (Mini PC), 2GB RAM,8GB HDMI WIFI Bluetooth XBMC,New Version °≠
Offered by SANEN Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed and pleasantly surprised!, 4 Jan. 2015
Didn't really know what to expect as reviews for these seem to blow hot and cold. You'll need to be comfortable setting up android and wifi networking. If so then this won't hold you up for long. And once configured you've got yourself a very capable smart TV! Oh. Get a keyboard. The remote will get you started with the installation. But isn't going to be very usable for much else. There's a display tuning option in settings so you can adjust it to fit your TV screen. In all, very good! 5*

NeilMed 30ml NasoGel Spray
NeilMed 30ml NasoGel Spray

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product!, 26 Oct. 2014
So i used to suffer from dry inflamed nasal passages after long haul flights. Leaving me unable to breathe throuh my nose after a few hours of flight.That's now a thing of the past. This spray eliminates that problem for me. I simply take it prior to the flight, then perhaps every six hours throuh the journey. Also, and i mention this incidentally, because i cannot be sure about tbis, but I took this spray a few times a day upon realising i was getting a sinus cold. I believe its possible that this helped control or even shorten the cold. Am aware that's hardly scientific, but it'd be interesting to know if there was any basis for the product helping fend off nasal infections. I can see how it may.

Mosquito Patches Deet free perfect for the family.
Mosquito Patches Deet free perfect for the family.
Offered by Healthcare Direct UK

4.0 out of 5 stars No bites, but would I have been bitten anyway?, 14 Sept. 2014
My first time using this product was in India. I was there for a week. Mostly on business, but I took one road trip to see the Taj Mahal. It's difficult to write a review for this product because all I can tell you is that when I wore them I wasn't bitten. I really can't tell you whether I'd have actually been bitten anyhow. However I'll carry on using them, and update this review as I go.

Ice Cream Happy Hour: 50 Boozy Treats That You Spike and Freeze at Home
Ice Cream Happy Hour: 50 Boozy Treats That You Spike and Freeze at Home

5.0 out of 5 stars After making three of the recipes, 23 Jan. 2014
So far we've made the Whisky Shot, the Peach Schnapps, and the White Russian, and they've all gone extremely well. So you know, I'm no cook. I mean seriously, on a normal day I'd struggle to make instant noodles. But the recipes are easy to follow, and the output amazing. This is REALLY good stuff.

Scalding the milk needs just a little care (not to overheat and scramble the eggs) but I've avoided that so far. (a cooking thermometer might help I guess if like me you're not used to that). The rest is equally simple.

Clearly lots of effort, research and ingenuity has gone into making these recipes, and I want to express my sincere appreciation to the authors for that. There's nothing else like this to my knowledge. It's a great idea, very well executed.

Many thanks for the great ice cream. Now all I have to do is lose a few pounds :)

Oh BTW. Don't drive after eating this. NOT JOKING.

Forex For Beginners
Forex For Beginners

5.0 out of 5 stars Objective viewpoint., 10 Jan. 2014
So I'll admit. I saw this book at the Kindle price and almost wrote it off. After all. It had a low price, and all the reviews five stars. Sirens were going off in my mind, and I'd defend being circumspect given the topic. But I humbly admit that I was quite wrong. This book is VERY good. It doesn't cover the entire length and breadth of forex, but that's not what I needed. I'd got that already from the internet, but was still no closer to knowing what to do. This however presents a credible start towards trading in forex. The book contained much no nonsense advice that rang true even as I checked it against what was going on in the markets at the time. It also gave a reality check that I probably needed, and installed some hard does and don'ts that I suspect will save me many times the purchase price of this text. The book is a little prescriptive of the author's specific beliefs and approach. But those beliefs appear founded on insightful and thought through principles, which are clearly derived from a long term objective study of real world trading. Before buying I researched the author, and signed up for one of their webinars, which was free, practical and immensely useful. There's precious little objective and truthful literature on this subject as far as I can tell. So it'd be to your loss if you overlooked this book. I need to say that buying books on the basis of Amazon's reviews all being five stars is a flawed approach in my view. If you're buying books on a topic this riddled with poor steers, then I'd research the author carefully. I did that, liked what I saw, so I bought this book. And for its price I'm VERY pleased that I did.

OtterBox Defender Series for Samsung Galaxy S4 IV Glacier (White / Grey)
OtterBox Defender Series for Samsung Galaxy S4 IV Glacier (White / Grey)
Offered by Hale Communications

3.0 out of 5 stars Mostly good but one significant flaw found., 17 Jun. 2013
Case is very protective. Makes the phone look and feel rather bulky, but then that's always going to be a trade off for this level of protection, and the overall impression is good considering. The in built screen protector worked well for me with no loss of sensitivity or precision in the touch screen.

All in all very good until I realised that the case messes up the proximity sensor, which I do feel ought to have been tested quite frankly. The sensor isn't covered by the case, but the depth of case raised closely around the edge of the sensor is quite high which seems to affect its operation. The effect is that while in a call, the proximity sensor does not register if you've taken the phone away from your head to see the screen or end the call, so the screen doesn't come back on. Not enough of an irritation to return the item, but worth mentioning if you're still making the decision over whether to buy this one against other similar products.

All in all good, but I'm going to be a little harsh and three star this over the proximity sensor thing because let's face it, the price you pay is really for the design rather than the build cost, so I'd expect this to have been tested and caught prior to production.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 12, 2013 12:42 AM BST

ASUS TF300T 10.1-inch Multitouch Tablet with Keyboard (Blue) (Nvidia Tegra 3 1.4GHz, 1GB RAM, 32GB HDD, WLAN, BT, 2x Cam, Android 4.0)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good tablet. Average warranty support., 27 Sept. 2012
Note this was not purchased from Amazon. Amazon were using HDNL to deliver them so I cancelled and brought from CPWH.

So it's an amazing tablet and I'm happy with it in all respects save a niggle where the keyboard dock sometimes doesn't register as connected until you wiggle the hinge a couple of times. (Yes the connection is mechanically sound, and I have tried a compressed air spray around the connector to clean). Any unit can go wrong, however in this case I had purchased two, so by a process of elimintation was able to prove that it was the dock that was the problem and not the tablet. Despite this, Asus are insisting that both tablet and keyboard be returned which seems inconvenient and unnecessary, and furthermore are quoting 10 working days for a repair turnaround. (HTC quote 72 hours by comparison). so although I really like the product, I'm a little underwhelmed by the manufacturer's customer care.

Nice product and would recommend. But if parting with it for a week+ would bother you then perhaps look elsewhere.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 21, 2012 12:41 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2