Profile for V.Knowles > Reviews

Content by V.Knowles

V.Knowles

Page: 1 | 2
[2 Pack] TECHGEAR® Apple iPad 4 iPad 3 & iPad 2 Clear Screen Protector Guard Covers with Cloth & App Card - for 2nd, 3rd & 4th Generation iPad
Offered by TECHGEAR Solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Jun. 2015
good delivery, good product. no problems

Thank You Note - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher
Thank You Note - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Buy, 18 Aug. 2014
This is the second time that I have used Amazon Gift Certificates and they are an easy gift for the hard to shop for friend. I will continue to use them.

Loki's Daughters
Loki's Daughters

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging Read, 6 July 2014
This review is from: Loki's Daughters (Kindle Edition)
This book was quite the page turner. I wouldn't go so far as to say great literature, but the story was engaging and the characters were relatable.

AmazonBasics Hard Black Carrying Case for My Passport Essential
AmazonBasics Hard Black Carrying Case for My Passport Essential

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 15 Sept. 2013
This product did exactly what I needed it to do. It has served its purpose and kept my hard drive safe.

Chaotic: A Novella (Otherworld Stories series)
Chaotic: A Novella (Otherworld Stories series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written, but too short., 15 Sept. 2013
After finishing all the books from the Otherworld series I needed something else to read. I enjoyed the book, naturally, but it was far too short. I'd love to have delved even deeper into this story and the relationship between Hope and Karl.

The Hodgeheg (Puffin Modern Classics)
The Hodgeheg (Puffin Modern Classics)
by Dick King-Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Engaging, 10 Mar. 2013
I read a little bit of this story every day to my children and they loved it! They were so engrossed in the story that I would hear them talking about it on break. It also encouraged some of my children to try reading more challenging books.

Jeffers Susan : Brother Eagle, Sister Sky (Trade Edn)
Jeffers Susan : Brother Eagle, Sister Sky (Trade Edn)
by Seattle

4.0 out of 5 stars Thought Provoking, 10 Mar. 2013
This content of this book is fantastic. I've read it before and wanted my own copy. Unfortunately I made the mistake of buying a used copy and was sent the book without the cover. Had this been mentioned in the description I would not have bought it. I am not pleased.

The First Beaver
The First Beaver
by Caroll Simpson

4.0 out of 5 stars Educational, 10 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The First Beaver (Hardcover)
I enjoyed reading this to my students. We used it's format to help us write our own creation stories for different animals. It really got the kids thinking about different way things begin and how all aspects of life our connected.

The Twits: Plays for Children
The Twits: Plays for Children
by David Wood

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read!, 10 Mar. 2013
We were writing playscripts in my year 3 class and this book really brought the process to life for my children. This particularly engaged the boys in the class who thought the story line was brilliant. I would highly recommend this book.

The Huron Carol
The Huron Carol
by Father Brebeuf

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 24 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Huron Carol (Paperback)
This book holds many dear memories for me. As a Canadian and the daughter of a teacher I was often read this story and told the history behind it. When I later moved to the UK as a teacher, I found myself developing a 'Christmas Around the World' musical for LKS2. I immediately chose this song for my class. Over the course of 2 months my students studied the history and learnt the song. We were quite the hit during our performance and the students learnt how the Nativity Story has been interpreted in many countries around the world.

Page: 1 | 2