Profile for m0m0reviews > Reviews

m0m0reviews

WD Caviar Green 2TB SATA 6Gbps Power Saving Internal Hard Drive OEM
WD Caviar Green 2TB SATA 6Gbps Power Saving Internal Hard Drive OEM

1.0 out of 5 stars If I could give it 0 stars I would, 13 Nov. 2012
Purchased this with Amazon Prime, wasn't dispatched when it should have been so it was a day late. When it arrived it came in a flimsy cardboard box with no padding, and no notice on the package indicating that its contents might be fragile.

So assuming that it was handled carefully, I installed it in my Synology DS212j. One drive wasn't recognised from the start, and the 2nd crashed within about 10 minutes of being set up. Spent about half a day debugging the Synology DS212j thinking that it could be the problem. I ended up buying another pair of HDD, this time the WD Red ones from a different online retailer, and they both work perfectly.

My suggestion is that while this HDD might be good, do not purchase it from Amazon as it might as it was just an expensive paperweight!

Toshiba Satellite R830-1GZ 13.3 inch Laptop (Intel Core i5-2450M 2.5/3.1GHz, 6GB RAM, 640GB HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium, Bluetooth, Ultra Long Battery Life)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Portable Laptop, 1 Aug. 2012
My previous lease was a Toshiba Tecra A10, which did its job quite well, but as its lease was ending I desired a more portable laptop, and I purchased this to replace it.

So far I am incredibly happy with how it performs, and it also surprises me sometimes how small and light it is that I need to check my bag to make sure I packed it.

Only cons are that I would like a bit more grunt in the graphics department, but I did know of these limitations when I purchased it.

Eliza Tinsley Medium Back Leather Effect Executive Swivel Computer Desk Armchair

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Chair, 6 Jan. 2012
A very comfortable chair with good back support that I'm happy sitting in all day. Building it was relatively easy, although it was some effort to attach the base to the back.

Li-ion,11.10V,4400mAh,Replacement Laptop Battery for TOSHIBA Tecra P5, Tecra P10, TOSHIBA Dynabook Qosmio, Dynabook Satellite, Dynabook SS, TX Series, Portege M300, M500, S100, Qosmio F20, F25, Satellite A50, A55, Satellite Pro S300, Pro S300M, Satellite Pro U200, Satellite U200, U205 Series, Tecra A9, A10, A2, A3X, Tecra M10, M2, M2V, M3, M5, M5L, M6, M9, S3, S4, S5, S10 Series ,Compatible Part Numbers: PA3356U-1BAS, PA3356U-1BRS, PA3356U-2BAS, PA3356U-2BRS, PA3356U-3BAS, PA3356U-3BRS, PA3357U-1BRL, PA3456U-1BRS, PA3587U-1BRS, PA3588U-1BRS, PABAS048, PABAS049, PABAS054, PABAS066, PABAS071, PABAS105, PABAS162

2.0 out of 5 stars Good battery life, but not fully compatible with Tosiba Tecra A10, 5 Jan. 2012
This battery has effective battery life, but it doesn't allow me to get past the bios with the battery inserted. To start up my laptop, the battery must be removed, and reinserted after.

Cisco-Linksys Maximum Performance E4200 Dual-Band N Router
Cisco-Linksys Maximum Performance E4200 Dual-Band N Router

5.0 out of 5 stars Solved my connectivity problems, 5 Jan. 2012
After being sent a Netgear DGN1000 by Virgin Media I have constantly had problems with my WiFi connectivity. After 3 months of dealing with their technical support telling me that there was no problems with the Netgear, I took it into my own hands to buy this!

The E4200 was simple to set up, just requiring me to plug an Ethernet cable from my Netgear to the "Internet" port of the E4200. The wireless has proved to be much stronger and now my connectivity issues have gone.

Only downside is the price, but it is a small price to pay for reliable Internet.

Swan SF14010N Popcorn Maker - Silver
Swan SF14010N Popcorn Maker - Silver

1.0 out of 5 stars A practical joke?, 5 Mar. 2011
I purchased this for my girlfriend as a present thinking any old popcorn maker would do the job. It turns out this has to be one of the most poorly designed appliances I have ever purchased and I returned it the following day.

When you switch it on, all seems fine, but once the corn starts popping get ready to deal with popcorn doing everything but falling neatly into the bowl blow it. I even attempted to put two plates either side and it would still go everywhere.

One funny side-note, if you read the instructions it says to clean it only with a "dump cloth".