Profile for Adrianna K. > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Guidelines for Online Success
Guidelines for Online Success
by -

3.0 out of 5 stars It's great if you think of creating your own website, 2 May 2013
I bought this book as part of research for a website based module at university to help me with my work. The tutor has recommended it to us and really praised it. I am not that interested in technology stuff so I am finding the book just okay. However, for someone who is just starting out or thinking about creating a website, I would definitely recommend this book as it tells you what you need to consider for your website to take the most out of it. The price of the book makes it worth buying as well. I have only scored it 3 stars because it isn't something I'd buy if I didn't have to.

Fashion as Photograph: Viewing and Reviewing Images of Fashion
Fashion as Photograph: Viewing and Reviewing Images of Fashion
by Eugenie Shinkle

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 2 May 2013
I have bought this book as a part of my research for an university essay I was writing on fashion and street photography because it was recommended to me (the book, not the theme). Although the essay within the book which was relatable to my writing wasn't in fact what I was looking for, it was still a great read, very interesting and well written. I have since started reading the book from the beginning and found it absolutely great. If you like fashion, you'll like this book!

Hate Mail
Hate Mail
by Mr Bingo

5.0 out of 5 stars A funky book, 23 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Hate Mail (Hardcover)
I have bought this book as a birthday present for my boyfriend because I knew he liked Mr Bingo's work. I had a look through it and had so much fun reading through the postcards. It really is a great book!

Q and A a Day: 5-Year Journal
Q and A a Day: 5-Year Journal
by Potter Style
Edition: Diary

5.0 out of 5 stars It's amazing, 23 Feb. 2013
I had to wait a few weeks for it to get to me but I have ordered it over the Christmas period the first time so that could be why. I have then ordered another 2 copies as presents for my friends and they have arrived much quicker.

The item itself is a fantastic idea! The size of the journal is quite small but it still has a decent amount of space for you to write the answers. The questions are great, there is a real range of them. Every morning I look forward to answering the questions and although I have only just started a few weeks ago, I already can't wait to read all the answers in 5 years time!

I would definitely recommend it for yourself or for a gift.

Light & Shoot: 50 Fashion Photos
Light & Shoot: 50 Fashion Photos
by Chris Gatcum

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 1 Dec. 2012
The main thing I like about this book is that it shows other photographer's lighting techniques in little easy to read diagrams and shows which lighting they have used, making it easy to get inspired and maybe try some of them out. It shows studio as well as location shots which is quite nice. I would definitely recommend it to anyone starting out with lighting in their photography.

Models Close Up
Models Close Up
by David Bailey

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, 1 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Models Close Up (Paperback)
It's not too bad but I expected better. I mainly bought it because I was hoping for a lot of pictures of Jean Shrimpton but unfortunately, there aren't that many. If I had known, I wouldn't have bought it.

Jamie's 30-Minute Meals: A Revolutionary Approach to Cooking Good Food Fast
Jamie's 30-Minute Meals: A Revolutionary Approach to Cooking Good Food Fast
by Jamie Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 30 Nov. 2012
I absolutely love this book! Bought it just before finishing my first year at uni to keep busy throughout the summer and getting better in the kitchen. It has given me great inspiration and I have already got my favourite recipes that I always like coming back to. You can find absolutely anything in this book, from meat and fish dishes, to pasta, to vegetarian, to desserts. And it's quite quick to make. Not quite 30 minutes though if you don't have a food processor like me. Definitely give it a go!

Click, Click
Click, Click
by Joyce Kavanagh

5.0 out of 5 stars What a story, 30 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Click, Click (Paperback)
I have purchased this book after hearing about it on This Morning a few months ago when the Kavanagh sisters came to speak about their story. I haven't finished reading it yet but I'm not far from finishing. It is a very heartbreaking true story, not always easy to read bearing in mind that it has happened in real life but overall a very good book of hope.

Self-Portrait Photography: The Ultimate in Personal Expression
Self-Portrait Photography: The Ultimate in Personal Expression
by Natalie Dybisz

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 30 Nov. 2012
It is a great book. It shows work by Natalie Dybisz and says a lot about her process of work with self-portraiture as well as features work and an inside to the process of other great photographers.

Fuji Instax 210 Camera + 70 Instax Wide Film
Fuji Instax 210 Camera + 70 Instax Wide Film
Offered by Blue Diamond's

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, 30 Nov. 2012
I have waited a little before purchasing it and I don't even know why. The camera is absolutely amazing and I would recommend it to anyone. It is very easy to use and very fun. The pictures have a very nostalgic feel to them. I only wish the film was a bit cheaper but I can't really complain.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3