Profile for Silenceisbliss > Reviews

Converse Star Player Ev Ox Shoes - Black / White - UK 10
Converse Star Player Ev Ox Shoes - Black / White - UK 10
Offered by AltSkate / Dapper Baby

3.0 out of 5 stars too big..., 16 Jun 2014
My last pair of converse were a perfect fit so I ordered another pair of the same size.... and now these are too big?!

ehm... I don't think my feet have shrunk, and I still count all my toes as being present so I think there might be an inconsistency with the shoe sizes.

also, Converse... the same part always fails on the side of the shoe towards the front... sort that s*** out!

Am-Tech Butane Micro Torch
Am-Tech Butane Micro Torch
Offered by Babz Media
Price: 6.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Had it for years now!, 16 Jun 2014
this thing is awesome! i've had it for a long while now and I use it for everything from lighting candles to soldering.

One charge of the tank goes a good while.

I like it!

Collinite 845 Insulator Wax (473ml)
Collinite 845 Insulator Wax (473ml)
Offered by WaxyClean
Price: 16.88

5.0 out of 5 stars LEGENDARY!, 16 Jun 2014
This is the stuff that legends are made of!

Don't let the packaging throw you off - there are no pictures of shiney supercars and photoshopped sparkles here: this stuff sells itself without the overhyped drama that many products rely on.

Durable: absolutley - I get about 2-3 months in crappy northern irish weather.
Finish: I have a solid black golf mk5, really nice 'wet look', perfect!
Ease of application: it honestly couldn't be easier, a little bit goes a long long way, and easy/clean to buff
Beading: OOHHHH YES...

NOTE: when you first open it, it will appear lumpy - this is normal. just put it into a bowl of warm water for 5 mins and shake it up, it'll flow like melted butter :)

Autoleads SAK-3108 165mm Speaker Adaptor for Volkswagen Golf Front Door
Autoleads SAK-3108 165mm Speaker Adaptor for Volkswagen Golf Front Door
Price: 9.94

3.0 out of 5 stars ugh... not impressed., 16 Jun 2014
I bought them out of neccesity because there were no other options available.

1st flaw: No foam padding on the flange to absorb vibrations.
2nd flaw: 6 attachment holes on each, but you only get 4 screws for each... what the hell!?
3rd flaw: Life would have been made alot easier if there were a small hole in the side wall for the crossover leads... (but I won't subtract a star for this as it's more of a personal gripe than anything)

no foam padding and not enough fasteners though... come on, do better.

Pioneer TS-G1721i 17cm Dual Cone Speakers 230W
Pioneer TS-G1721i 17cm Dual Cone Speakers 230W
Price: 22.81

4.0 out of 5 stars meh..., 16 Jun 2014
I bought these to replace the 18cm bass speakers in the front door of my golf mk5 (along with autoleades speaker adapters for 165mm speakers)

I knew they wouldn't be, bu they're nowhere near as deep and basey as the original speakers - so you're losing out on some real depth in the sound.

I was going to give them three stars but then I figured, "you get what you pay for", and these speakers were pretty cheap so I can't complain too much.

They're adequate, and that's it. Great if your current speakers are broken and you need replacements, but if it's an upgrade you're after - move along....

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, 28 Jan 2013
Firstly, they are stupidly easy to replace and if you have concerns about it, you needn't.

Secondly, they're a very good quality wiper - they squeeked for me a little bit for the first couple days but are fine now and do their job without me noticing they're even working

TRIXES Black Micro 2 Port USB 2.1A Car Charger Splitter Adapter for iPod iPhone iPad Mobile SatNav
Offered by Digiflex
Price: 1.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright blue light anyway, 28 Jan 2013
This in car adapter has a bright blue led light which illuminates once it's plugged in. I did not know this. It's bright anyway, maybe you'll like it ... maybe you'll think it's a bit harsh.

Also, the electrical contact that it makes isn't faultless. Every so often when I plug something in I have to give it a bit of a jiggle so that it makes proper contact again.

Not the worst things in the world, Still recommended. It does it's job

K-Swiss Men's Clear Tubes White/Black/Blue Trainer 02642-110-M 10 UK
K-Swiss Men's Clear Tubes White/Black/Blue Trainer 02642-110-M 10 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice, I like!, 28 Jan 2013
Really comfy :)

They're a really crisp and clean runner/sneaker (whatever you wanna call 'em) There's ample give in the heel without feeling like you're on a bouncing castle. They're just a good looking runner I use in the gym. 30, can't really go wrong!

XLC Organic Disc Pads - Tektro IOX
XLC Organic Disc Pads - Tektro IOX

5.0 out of 5 stars they do the trick!, 28 Jan 2013
Not the most powerful braking system in the world but they'll bring me to a stop!

Very easy to install into the calipers and are pretty much exacty the same as the OEM pads only a different colour

Van Cleef Homme Eau De Toilette 100ml
Van Cleef Homme Eau De Toilette 100ml
Offered by Beautycart
Price: 25.95

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely, 17 Jan 2013
Smells very nice, I was recommended it and bought it in blind faith :)

Was wrapped and packaged very well

The bottle itself is nice.

top marks :)