Profile for Babie > Reviews

Survival in the Killing Fields
Survival in the Killing Fields
by Haing Ngor

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative, compelling, brilliant, 4 Oct 2013
I read this book whilst travelling around Cambodia. This is incredibly well written, historically accurate and very moving. I would definitely recommend this to anyone interested in the struggle of the Cambodian people during the time of the Khmer Rouge control.

Your Highness Extended Edition (The Longer, Harder Version) [Blu-ray]
Your Highness Extended Edition (The Longer, Harder Version) [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Danny McBride

2.0 out of 5 stars forced funny, 4 Oct 2013
There's nothing in particular wrong with this film... it is quite funny, but it's very forced humour and just not really my cup of tea... but I don't like Anchorman either so maybe my funny bone's just missing!

Papillio ''Florida'' from Birko-Flor in Hippie Flowers Autumn Neon 37.0 EU N
Papillio ''Florida'' from Birko-Flor in Hippie Flowers Autumn Neon 37.0 EU N

5.0 out of 5 stars sooo comfy, 4 Oct 2013
I purchased these sandals when I needed some sensible ones for my Cambodian holiday but couldn't face being too sensible. I love the print, it's so bright and exotic, and the sandals could not be any more comfortable. They were excellent straight away but as I have worn them more they have moulded to my feet and I love them!

We Need To Talk About Kevin (Serpent's Tail Classics)
We Need To Talk About Kevin (Serpent's Tail Classics)
by Lionel Shriver

5.0 out of 5 stars Draws you in, 23 Feb 2012
I actually read about the first third of this book quite slowly for me. I didn't fully identify with the main character, but as I continued to read I realised this was the intention. It is also which makes the novel so readable. As I continued through the book, I found myself dreaming about Kevin and trying to figure out the plot. This showed the realistic nature of the content... I felt as if I was reading to deepest thinkings of a real life mother who had experienced the unthinkable as depicted in the novel. As I neared the end of the novel, I could not put it down, I desperately wanted to know if the factual information regarding 'Thursday'. I recommend this book to anyone who isn't scared of looking at the ugly matters that are a part of today's society.

River Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day)
River Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day)
by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall

5.0 out of 5 stars delicious, 24 Jan 2012
I got this and a spice rack for Christmas after watching the series. It's just as good as the programme was and has everything from small snack and sandwiches to feasts with home baking in between. I've been making my work colleagues jealous at lunch times and fattening up my friends in the evenings.

I decided to buy this as I believed I was becoming too reliant on low quality meat as a diet staple, and hugh has definetly delivered as he has recipes for all seasons ensuring that you are able to buy the best value seasonal veg and produce meals with all the nutrition you need.

I've especially found this helpful with food prices rising and have added little quirky details, like making a heart shaped loaf of bread!

I found two parts of the book very helpful in a practical way. I was the larder essentials as this gives you a list of basic goodies that keep forever and allow your home to be well stocked at all times. The other is the index, where you can look up whatever ingredients you happen to have in and you'll be able to find a recipe to suit.

1Q84: Books 1 and 2
1Q84: Books 1 and 2
by Haruki Murakami

5.0 out of 5 stars Long awaited and absolutely awesome!, 24 Jan 2012
This review is from: 1Q84: Books 1 and 2 (Hardcover)
I've been waiting for this to come out for ages now... and it was very much worth the wait! Murakami draws you in on the first page and never lets you go. My brother and I inadvertently got each other this for Christmas both think it's amazing. Like with his other books, your reading on trying to find the significance of the connections before they are revealed to you. It's a pretty big book, but I got through it in 4 days. When not in work I couldn't put it down.

Currently waiting with much anticipation for book 3 to arrive in the mail....
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 6, 2012 11:04 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal and pretty, 6 Feb 2010
This camera case is the ideal size and shape for my Cannon camera, it looks nice and is very durable without taking up too much space in my handbag. Would definetly recommend this item.