Profile for KOTWF > Reviews

Content by KOTWF

KOTWF

Page: 1 | 2
TARDIS Eruditorum - An Unofficial Critical History of Doctor Who Volume 3: Jon Pertwee
by Philip Sandifer
Price: 8.22

2.0 out of 5 stars No one will love this book more than the author, 10 Jun 2013
I tend not to review books as opinions can differ so much, but a lot of the entries in here were self indulgent and pretentious, sorry to be scathing, but the author pulls no punches either.

Infuriating though I find the author I will buy the next one in the series, but seriously the entry on The Three Doctors was about the most ludicrous piece of indirect self-aggrandisement I have ever read,

And I've read some rubbish in my time....

GARDEN/OUTDOOR WALK IN GREENHOUSE WITH 4 PLANT SHELVES
GARDEN/OUTDOOR WALK IN GREENHOUSE WITH 4 PLANT SHELVES
Offered by homeandgarden
Price: 24.97

4.0 out of 5 stars A good product for a good price, 26 April 2012
I have no complaints about this greenhouse for the price I paid, however I have found it slightly lacking in a couple of ways (slightly lacking - I can't actually properly criticise it!)

The cover is a little less heavy duty than I hoped for - it's sturdy enough and has done well in some strong winds, I just find that I'm being a little more careful with it than I might have expected.

The cover doesn't make it all the way to the floor, so there is about an inch gap all the way round the bottom, not a problem from the perspective of keeping things warm, but it means inquisitive rabbits find their way in (and then can't find ther way out!)

The assembly is easy in principle but does need some efforts on some joints, still, it means it won't fall apart.

Logitech Harmony 600 Universal Remote - Refresh
Logitech Harmony 600 Universal Remote - Refresh

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to use and no complaints, 26 April 2012
First of all, I must admit that I bought this to replace a lower-grade Harmony remote so the set-up was very simple for me, but I have used the software before and I can't really complain.

I'll start with the only drawback I can think of which is that the remote itself feels a little cheap, but hey, it's only a remote control!

The menu at the top with its 'soft' buttons is well designed with the option to easiy drop out of the 'Activities' menu to the 'Devices' menu and back, which is really handy for extra (rarely used) functions that haven't been carried over to the Activities menu - they are simple to find.

Obviously I could add them to the Activities menu and this is a simple process, I had a minor glitch in that some functions from my AV receiver didn't seem to translate properly to the remote, but the learning function means you just push the correct key on the original remote and the Harmony learns it.

Ideal for anyone who is fed up with juggling remotes.

Seeking Major Tom [2 CD Se]
Seeking Major Tom [2 CD Se]
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 15.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow - just wow..., 19 Jan 2012
It's difficult to write a review for this really, there is some toe-curling stuff (Shatner tries to hold a note) but then there's some fun stuff. This is basically an 80 year old man having a laugh with a number of famous musicians who should know better and don't care. For confirmation of this look carefully at the cover, it looks like a stock photo of Shatner badly pasted into a clip-art space-suit, if it wasn't Shatner I'd be appalled.

I enjoyed it!

Ecozone Moonlight, Energy saving LED Night Light, 3 year guarantee, costs less than 1p per week continuously on

5.0 out of 5 stars Very bright for the wattage, 19 Jan 2012
We have two of these, mainly to light the floor in the dark so we don't trip or stumble and they illuminate about a metre in radius which is more than enough, very pleased with these!

Belkin Neoprene Sleeve for Kindle - Purple
Belkin Neoprene Sleeve for Kindle - Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 19 Jan 2012
It's a neoprene case (like a wetsuit, in case you're not sure!) and it fits a Kindle - what more do you need?

PURE PocketDAB 1500, Rechargeable Personal DAB/FM Radio
PURE PocketDAB 1500, Rechargeable Personal DAB/FM Radio
Offered by DEP.PRODUCTS
Price: 109.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm really impressed!, 19 Jan 2012
OK, start off with the complaint first... The battery life is not quite as great as the reviews say, but I would say about 18 hours, so it's still pretty good.

The reception is of course an issue, but a lot better than other DAB radios I've tried - I travel in to London from the Herts-Essex border daily and reception is fine from north of Harlow to the centre of London, on my previous model it was about 10 to 15 miles further in before it was fine, so no gripes there.

The controls are good and the key-lock is a definite bonus - money well spent!

Sterling Silver Textured Daisy Stud Earrings
Sterling Silver Textured Daisy Stud Earrings
Price: 10.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought at a bargain price and are really nice!, 19 Jan 2012
I bought these on a whim for my wife as they were reduced and they turned up and she really liked them! The only thing was they were slightly bigger than I expected - but less than an inch in diameter still - not massive.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars 50 - 50 on success!, 19 Jan 2012
These both did the job fine, but one has a sharp bit of plastic on the shaft so has scratched my screen protector, which is annoying, but not the end of the world - for the price fine, however with the Galaxy sII's Swype feature and the HUGE screen I've found I don't need them that much

Steven Moffat's Doctor Who 2010: The Critical Fan's Guide to Matt Smith's First Series (Unauthorized)
Price: 2.68

4.0 out of 5 stars An entertaining review of the 2010 series, 19 Jan 2012
I was slightly apprehensive before starting this but it rolls along quite nicely - there are two sets of review and they complement each other nicely, mainly because the main author has the first review to work from, this is also fairly broadly written so specialist knowledge isn't required.

Page: 1 | 2