Profile for Mr. J W > Reviews

Content by Mr. J W

Mr. J W "john_w" (Glasgow)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Carte Noire Espresso No 9 Intense 10 Coffee Capsules 53 g (Pack of 8)
Carte Noire Espresso No 9 Intense 10 Coffee Capsules 53 g (Pack of 8)
Price: 19.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Very very nice, 18 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have left a similar review for the no. 7 capsules! But i cant really think of much else to say!!

I love my coffee. When I am not using my nespresso machine (a CitiZ Magimix M190) my favourite instant coffee is Carte Noire. So i was intrigued about how this would taste bring my two favourite coffee brands together. I was also a bit apprehensive as i have tried 'nespresso compatible' pods before - which were a total fail.

But no fears on either count. The pods were perfect - each individual pod is sealed. When you open it, you get a fantastic smell. The pod fitted perfectly, and no additional pressure was needed to lock into place.

The coffee itself - very nice. I would say it was nicer to the No. 9 - i do like the strength 9+ on the Nespresso branded capsules. I was say it was similar to Indriya- maybe just a bit more 'earthy'.

Overall, delighted. I will definitely get these again. Prefer these ones to the weaker Carte Noire - the 10 strength are my favourite though.

Rapesco Stapler, Heavy Duty Stapler Zero-02
Rapesco Stapler, Heavy Duty Stapler Zero-02
Price: 13.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 7 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great quality stapler. Feels solid and well made. seems strange writing a lot for 'commodity' items like this... but it does what it says on the tin!

The Inheritance
The Inheritance
by Tilly Bagshawe
Price: 3.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, kept me going for ages, 22 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Inheritance (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
M husband gave me this book for a period of travel we had. Have read other books by Tilly Bagshawe and looked forward to this one. It didnt disappoint - great storyline, loved the characters, and the length of the book meant that it kept me going for a few days. Will definitely read more by the same author, looking forward to the next...

Trunki PaddlePak Water-Resistant Backpack - Inky the Octopus (Purple)
Trunki PaddlePak Water-Resistant Backpack - Inky the Octopus (Purple)
Price: 15.24

5.0 out of 5 stars great idea and talking-point for kids, 22 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Loved this backpack, as did my daughter. What a great way to take all her stuff down to the pool. Nice pockets and areas to keep her bits and pieces, and it gives a great talking point (which my daughter loves) for others who see this bag. Have been asked on several occasions where i got this.
All in - great value.

Gravity [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Gravity [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ George Clooney
Price: 17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 22 Jun 2014
3d bluray utterly brilliant. This film would justify the cost of a much bigger screen :-)

Wonderfully filmed, staggering special effects.

The Axeman's Jazz
The Axeman's Jazz
by Ray Celestin
Price: 11.89

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great book..., 22 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Axeman's Jazz (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. What a great read. Set in new orleans in 1919. I have visited the city before and some of the surrounding areas, and love reading books set here. What set this apart was the way it was written from the view of different characters, and what an intriguing era for the city. The author did a great job giving some context for the changes new orleans was going through at that time, and i think it just gave the book something extra.

Really great. Very interesting characters, brilliant storyline.

Carte Noire Espresso No 7 Aromatique 10 Coffee Capsules 53 g (Pack of 8)
Carte Noire Espresso No 7 Aromatique 10 Coffee Capsules 53 g (Pack of 8)
Price: 20.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice coffee - extremely happy, 25 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

The coffee itself - very nice. I was say it was similar to Roma - with a bit of Indriya. If you like these two, I am sure you will be happy.

Overall, delighted. I will definitely get these again. Not sure i would go with anything weaker, but thats just my taste.

Before We Met
Before We Met
by Lucie Whitehouse
Price: 9.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for a weekend away, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Before We Met (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Took this book away for a long weekend. Enjoyed the story, believeable characters, i did enjoy the building storyline. Will go and read other books by Whitehouse on the back of this one.

Sins
Sins
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely good!, 23 Jan 2014
This review is from: Sins (MP3 Download)
Stumbled on Charm City Devils through one of the online "if you like X, you should listen to Y"... and glad i gave them a try.

My ultimate band is Alter Bridge, love Buckcherry, Black Stone Cherry etc etc. That gives you a flavour of what i usually listen to. If you like Black Stone Cherry, i would definitely give this a whirl. Very good up-tempo rock - good tunes, definitely goes well in the car. If these guys tour UK, i will definitely be getting along.

Give it a go.

Elle Macpherson The Body Illuminated Beauty Mirror
Elle Macpherson The Body Illuminated Beauty Mirror
Price: 45.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 23 Jan 2014
From Mrs W!

Got this as a replacement to a previous mirror I had been using. I was a bit apprehensive about how bright the light is... but I shouldn't have worried.

Very neat mirror, feels well-made. It has a nice light around the frame as per the picture - one side mirror magnified, the other normal.

only slight desire - wish the mirror face was just a little bigger. but overall, very pleased.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15