Profile for Mr. J W > Reviews

Content by Mr. J W

Mr. J W "john_w" (Glasgow)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
Love, Lies and Lemon Pies (Love Lies & Lemon Pies 1)
Love, Lies and Lemon Pies (Love Lies & Lemon Pies 1)
by Katy Cannon

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter aged 13 - thumbs up!, 24 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My daughter who is 13 loved this book. Her and my wife love cooking together - as well as the great story - she loved the recipes at the start of every chapter. She tells me that its a really good story, she likes the characters and she will definitely be reading more stories by this author. Seems all good to me!

Uming Camellias Series for Samsung Galaxy S4Mini I9190 with Holder Stand Folio Wallet PU Leather Flower Lattice Grid Flip Case Bag Cover Protector Skin + 1PC Anti Dust Plug
Offered by Mini Kitty

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product but discoloured quickly, 20 July 2015
This case did a great job of protecting my Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini from bumps and cracks and it fitted perfectly around my phone. The only downside was the white case discoloured very quickly due to me occasionally keeping the phone in my jeans pocket. I found the credit card section handy. I would buy this again but go for a darker colour.

Hozelock 2595 40m Auto Rewind Hose Reel
Hozelock 2595 40m Auto Rewind Hose Reel

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish we had bought one of these years ago!, 20 July 2015
Exactly what we were looking for. Looks neat on the wall and straightforward to fit. Easy to pull out the hose and a joy to rewind. We would highly recommend this product from Hozelock.

Dear Daughter
Dear Daughter
by Elizabeth Little

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a gripping page turner but an okay murder/mystery, 20 July 2015
This review is from: Dear Daughter (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I started reading this book after receiving it from Amazon Vine. If I hadn't needed to leave a review then I would have given up on it after the first five chapters. There was nothing likeable about the main charactor, which I initially thought was down to her life in prison, but when the flashbacks to life before her mothers murder, Jane sounded completely spoilt, sarcastic and arrogant. I continued reading and although I didn't warm to Jane (or any of the other charactors) the story did pick up and had its fair share of twists and turns. I went from really disliking this book to thinking it was okay.

CB12 Mint Menthol Mouthwash 1000ml
CB12 Mint Menthol Mouthwash 1000ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job brilliantly, 9 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There is something very appealing about products who really don't care about all the fancy advertising/packaging, and instead focus on delivering an exceptional product. CB12 is one of them. It does exactly what it says - helping with bad breath - and does it brilliantly.

There are a few comments here about price, but lets be honest. If this is an issue for you, then giving up something else for a few quid a week is really a no-brainer.

Great product. Very impressed.

Leyton Lighting 7W GX53 240v Circular Fluorescent Lightbulb, 4000k Cool White
Leyton Lighting 7W GX53 240v Circular Fluorescent Lightbulb, 4000k Cool White
Offered by Lighthouse Bulbs

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening product, 7 July 2015
Spot on.... (did you see what I did there!)

Replacements for the lighting in our kitchen cabinets. These arrived, well packed, well made. Absolutely perfect, doing the job.

Panasonic RP-DJS150E-R Fully Folding DJ Style Headphone
Panasonic RP-DJS150E-R Fully Folding DJ Style Headphone

4.0 out of 5 stars Good budget headphone for casual listening, 7 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Just been listening to some music after receiving these headphones. Overall, they are pretty good budget headphones.

I think these are made for casual listening on the iPad, phone, travelling etc. They do fold down to a really good size, so I will drop into my bad for commutes.

In terms of sounds, you are getting what you pay for. My taste is heavy rock - the bass/treble is fairly average - definitely ok for periods, but if I really want to hear the music better, these just wont be up to the job.

Overall, pretty pleased for the price.

Fellowes M-8C Cross Cut 8 Sheet Personal Shredder
Fellowes M-8C Cross Cut 8 Sheet Personal Shredder

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value and quality, 21 Jun. 2015
Great shredder. A real step up from my previous - very sturdy, smooth, great size container, and an overall feel of really good quality. Really pleased with my purchase.

Philips Satin Soft Wet and Dry Epilator
Philips Satin Soft Wet and Dry Epilator

4.0 out of 5 stars Two mixed experiences, 21 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife and her mother both had a go at this. It is a summary of two very different experiences. My mother in law thought it was brilliant for her legs, but apparently she waxes fairly frequently. My wife found the pain overwhelming, and she doesn't wax at all. They both found the instructions and pack of items very easy to follow. But not for my wife!

Caorunn Small Batched Scottish Gin 70 cl
Caorunn Small Batched Scottish Gin 70 cl

5.0 out of 5 stars Red apple, tonic, and the world becomes a better place, 2 May 2015
One of my favourite gins... add some sliced (red) apple and tonic, and this is just a wonderful taste. Perhaps a bit 'smokier' than tanqueray (I find it hard describing gin tastes!) but I love this, wonderfully crisp taste.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18