Profile for James Coltman > Reviews

Content by James Coltman

James Coltman "James Coltman" (London)

The 4-Hour Work Week: Escape the 9-5, Live Anywhere and Join the New Rich
The 4-Hour Work Week: Escape the 9-5, Live Anywhere and Join the New Rich
by Timothy Ferriss

5.0 out of 5 stars Great perspective on life, 6 Jun. 2008
I really enjoyed this book and would recommend. I try to read these types of self help books periodically to give me another perspective on the corporate life I am currently living and this book certainly did that.

This book pulls together a number of different concepts (goals, being an entrepreneur and finding the right balance between work and pleasure) and argues that you don't have to wait until you have made stacks of cash to enjoy the life of the rich.

Mr. China
Mr. China
by Tim Clissold

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating tale, 9 Jun. 2004
This review is from: Mr. China (Paperback)
In this book Tim Clissold takes us through the trials and tribulations of trying to do business in China. Tim was in the vanguard of the Chinese investment wave that happened during the late 80's and early 90's and had to learn quickly that the western way of doing business just didn't apply in China. A self confessed China'holic he manages to share his passion for this intriguing and ancient country in a fast paced read that leaves you wanting more. An excellent book.

When I Say No, I Feel Guilty: How to Cope, Using the Skills of Systematic Assertive Therapy
by Manuel J. Smith
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 30 Jan. 2004
So many of us have difficulty asserting our true feelings. How many times have you blown up at someone about something that has nothing to do with the real issue?
This book teaches you that it is okay to express your needs. In an easy to read style Manuel Smith explains the tools that you can use in day to day life to help you be more assertive. He backs his theories up with solid examples that will give you the confidence to put them into practice.
Being assertive doesn't always mean you win confrontations, but after reading this book you will be able to confidently say "No" without feeling guilty.