Profile for Mr > Reviews

Content by Mr

Mr (Cambridge, United Kingdom)

Wild: A Journey from Lost to Found
Wild: A Journey from Lost to Found

5.0 out of 5 stars a great read, 23 Dec. 2014
If you have ever yearned of taking an extended trip through nature, do yourself a favour and enjoy this story of escapism, reality and self discovery.

RAVPower® Luster 6000mAh Portable Battery Charger (Power Bank, iSmart 2.1A Output, LED Indicator, Flashlight) - Black
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly compact but powerful, 21 Dec. 2014
What a great little battery pack. I have owned it's bigger brother for long camping trips, but got this one for longer day trips.
Although my phone has a decent sized battery, when I am away from electricity sockets for 36 hours, its reassuring to have a battery pack that will give me a couple of full charges.
This is nicely pocket sized, includes an LED light that you can use as a useful torch, and the USB port gives out a nice 2.1A output, enabling me to charge my Iphone 6 plus rather quickly.
I find it idea for slipping in the pocket of my cycling jersey, so that I will never get stuck without enough juice to call home if I need to.
Highly recommended !
Great quality as always from RAVPower.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value for Money, 29 July 2013
Having had a sudden tyre deflation at 70mph, I purchased this.
I inflated all the new tyres to the same level (checked with an independent guage), and them fitted the sensors. The head unit reads that all 4 tyres are at different pressures, but some errors are to be expected at this price !
Being able to monitor your pressure changes as the weather heats up and cools, is quite interesting, but for me the big positive is the audio warnings if the pressure gets too high or low.
Very simple to install, took maybe 15 minutes all in.

Decrescent 2 Port Micro USB Car Charger for Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad - Black
Decrescent 2 Port Micro USB Car Charger for Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad - Black
Offered by Decrescent

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 July 2013
I purchased this to power my Iphone and Nokia Lumia 820 when I am away from the office.
The higher current output charges the Iphone very quickly, so well impressed.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the tin, 29 July 2013
Not much to say, except these are genuine inks, so have not been problematic in any way.
Service was great, delivery quick, and really just as you would hope it to be.

V is for Vulnerable: Life Outside the Comfort Zone: An ABC for Grownups
V is for Vulnerable: Life Outside the Comfort Zone: An ABC for Grownups
by Seth Godin

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and Simple, 29 July 2013
Yes, its a Seth Godin book, so the content will both be genius and obvious all at the same time.
The illustrations are brilliant, and to be fair I ripped through it in maybe 15 minutes flat. However, it is a great novelty book for Seth Godin fans, like me, and if you get reminded of just one simple thing that you had overlooked, then it is well worth the money.

Wahoo Blue HR Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone and Android
Wahoo Blue HR Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone and Android

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Iphone users, 29 July 2013
I have been using a cheapo HRM for a few years now, and had been really keen on the idea of the Wahoo Blue HR, as I had started using the Cyclemeter App on my Iphone to keep a record of the routes I was cycling, and the elevations, times etc. Having HRM data available to see how hard and for how long I was working sounded like a nice idea.
When my cheapo HRM started giving crazy readings even after a double battery change, I decided to bite the bullet and order the Wahoo Blue HR.
So far I have been on a couple of shorter rides, but the ability to get a proper readout of my Heart Rate, compared to the terrain I am riding and the speed I am riding at, is awesome.
Really looking forward to controlling my training a bit better going forwards.

SILICONE EGG RING MOULDS PACK OF 2
SILICONE EGG RING MOULDS PACK OF 2
Offered by Bargain Genie UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and perfect, 21 May 2012
We purchased these to use for making crumpets rather than fried eggs. They make nice neat crumpets, but also work really well for fried eggs (we tried it once). They are really easy to clean, and hold their shape really well.