Profile for Matt B > Reviews

Content by Matt B

Matt B (UK)

PThink® 0.3mm Ultra-thin Tempered Glass Screen Protector for LG G2 with 9H Hardness/Anti-scratch/Fingerprint resistant (LG G2)
Offered by PThink UK Store

5.0 out of 5 stars It also looks like it will take a knock, 26 Sept. 2015
The product feels incredible, very very smooth and compared to my last screen protector it's noticibly crisper. It also looks like it will take a knock. And finally it comes in a nice pack with all you'll need.

I had a issue with it not sticking on the edge of the protector (a slight border around the entirity of it). I contacted Pthink who immediately replaced. Amazing service that I can't recommend high enough.

The Voices [Blu-ray]
The Voices [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Ryan Reynolds

5.0 out of 5 stars It been a while since i have seen a film like this, 16 July 2015
This review is from: The Voices [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
It been a while since i have seen a film like this. A black comedy that is actually really funny due to just the absurdness of the situation without resorting to borderline slapstick. In many ways it reminds me of the film "Heathers". Kudos to the actors to play their roles so deftly. Love this film.

Jug large (2 litres), clear, hand blown from recycled glass - fair trade and handmade in Mexico

5.0 out of 5 stars if you want a beautiful, unique, 5 Oct. 2014
If you are lookng for perfection you should look elsewhere, but... if you want a beautiful, unique, ethically produced jug then this will fit the bill. It's solid and beautiful in it's imperfecttion.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 3, 2015 5:06 PM GMT

How I Feel
How I Feel

1.0 out of 5 stars What should a song bring?, 22 Mar. 2014
This review is from: How I Feel (MP3 Download)
Something new for a start..an improvement? so 1 star because quite frankly if you are going to use Nina Simones vocals just leave them unmolested.

Y: The Last Man: Deluxe Edition (Vol. 5)
Y: The Last Man: Deluxe Edition (Vol. 5)
by Brian K. Vaughan

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 1 July 2011
Well I'm afraid I don't agree with the previous reviewer, though I do see where they are coming from.

I would argue that for a story to have elicited such a strong response (it did for me too) that it must have been something special to have made you so deeply invest in the characters. After finishing the 5 books over 2 months it's felt like a truely epic journey, and for me at least very worthwhile.

If you've read the other books you're going to buy this to complete the story. If you haven't read the other books then buy them, they are amongst the best graphic novels I have ever read.

Alias - Season 1-5 The Complete Set [DVD]
Alias - Season 1-5 The Complete Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Garner

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 stars = It's "ok". Yep bang on., 31 May 2011
As a bit of reference I should point out I tend to buy and watch quite alot of collected TV series. I have watched, enjoyed and highly recommend Battlestar Galactica (new one), Chuck, Buffy, Dexter, Burn Notice, Babylon 5, Warehouse 13 and the Lost Room.

Prior to purchasing and watching the 5 season boxset of Alias I had heard good things, and to be fair I can maybe see where they are coming from, especially if watched at 1 episode a week. However watched back-to-back over a short period of time its short-comings become much more apparent.

I'm stuck somewhere between frustrated and disappointed as the story had such promise and the acting is actually really good. In most cases you do actually feel for the characters.

The problems begin with it being predictable. Every single one of Sydneys missions involved infiltrating a guarded place, trigger an alarm and/or get caught, escape. Seriously, as a top secret agent she's a liability. Not once did she go in, get the target, get out undetected, not a single time in 5 seasons!! (I wish I was joking but i'm not)

Next up, plot holes. Entire elements that were being built over the majority of a season are suddenly thrown away without hardly any explanation.

And finally and most importantly there's the pacing. Nothing much happens for 2/3 episodes then suddenly the main story gets moved forward a bit, then nothings even mentioned about the all important major revelation for a few episodes then it's back again. It's like they got temporary amnesia for a few episodes at a time. I think it actually could have done with losing about 2 seasons worth of "filler" to get a faster, more coherent story.

So after all is said and done is it worth watching? I want to say yes, but after being left with such a feeling of what could have been, I can only muster a maybe. I was spurred to write this review given the large amount of 5 star reviews that I also read on Amazon prior to purchase. I can only imagine they are alot more easily pleased than me.....alot.....no really a huge amount ;)

Transcend 4GB JetFlash 300 USB Drive [Frustration-Free Packaging]
Transcend 4GB JetFlash 300 USB Drive [Frustration-Free Packaging]

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing would be an understatement, 7 May 2011
I own a Canon 5Dii with which i use a couple of Transcend compact flash cards. They are fast and reliable, so in other words great. So you'd think that this would translate to a great usb drive...uummmm no.

I bought it to store my profile and game saves to switch between 2 xbox 360's. I configured it, copied the profile over and then proceeded to copy a few arcade games to transfer to another xbox. It managed to copy 3 and then refused to copy anymore, checked the key and everything was corrupted (so had to retrieve my gamertag to the console).

The xbox would no longer configure it so i put it in the PC and formatted it. Looked ok, but thought i had better check it by copying 2gb of random files. Got to about 60-70% and it ejected and then reconnected, effectively stuffing the copy. Tried again and same thing but in a different place. Contacted Amazon and am getting a refund.

Reliability is paramount. If you can't trust your storage then it's worthless to me, just like this drive.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 1, 2014 10:14 AM BST

What About Now
What About Now

1.0 out of 5 stars Just No, 25 Oct. 2009
This review is from: What About Now (MP3 Download)
Yes the boys can sing but why on earth do an inferior version of a current song. Should have said "NO" to Louis, guys.

Creative JukeBox Zen NX Extra 60GB
Creative JukeBox Zen NX Extra 60GB

5.0 out of 5 stars one happy owner, 12 Feb. 2006
I got this player when it launched. At the time it was the only 60gb player, in fact there were very few players over 40gb.
I wondered if i'd actually use it that much, if it was just a new gadget that i'd use for a few months then tire of. well....time has told. :)
This player has been fantastic. It changed the way i listened to music, actually it rekindled my love of music, of listening to long forgotten and unknown music.
I can't comment on the provided software as i didn't use it but instead went for notmad which has let me easily control the 10000 tracks i have on the player. The battery life still holds 14 hours after using it almost everyday.
The case is something i have come to appreciate greatly. Unlike most players the case's front flips down showing the display but still containing the player. The player itself never needs to leave the case, not for listening, loading tracks or charging. This has saved it from wear and tear and it still looks almost brand new (yeah i'm a bit protective of my kit ;) ).
If there is one thing you do though...GET NEW HEADPHONES!!!! i have yet to meet a player that doesn't sound infinately better with a decent pair. I went for a pair of Seinhiesser PX200's and they are without a doubt the best headphones i have ever owned.
So to sum up, 1 Zen Xtra, 1 pair of PX200's and record at a decent bitrate (mp3 192 or above, though i ended up on 192-320vbr and could hear the improvement) and you'll be hooked in personal music bliss.