Profile for Torrie Lloyd > Reviews

Content by Torrie Lloyd

Torrie Lloyd "imani-acacia" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
My Secret Obsession Erotic Lesbian Stories, Volume 1
My Secret Obsession Erotic Lesbian Stories, Volume 1
by Blue Sleighty
Price: 8.77

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite lesbian erotica writers, 15 July 2012
Blue Sleighty knows exactly how to get you going, with some of the most memorable lesbian erotica stories I've ever read (and I read a lot), including awesome characters, vivid locations, realistic plots and, what everyone really wants, very well written sex scenes! If like me you're fed up of reading other unrealistic lesbian erotica that was blatantly written by/for men, you'll love the refreshing for-women writings of Blue Sleighty.

AQA(A) AS Psychology Flash Revise Pocketbook
AQA(A) AS Psychology Flash Revise Pocketbook
by Erika Cox

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for fact revision, not a study guide, 14 Mar 2012
This book really does what it says on the tin. I like the quick-fire question and answer format of this book- the answers are usually a little more detailed so you can go the extra mile in your exam answers. If you are looking for something to make sure you've got all the basic facts in your head this is perfect. However, you will need a proper revision guide or textbook as well, because of the nature of Psychology AS- there are a lot of essay questions in the exam, and while facts will get you so far, you need to look at interpretative issues and exam technique as well, neither of which this book covers (nor does it claim to).
Summary: Excellent value for money, excellent content, but not a complete study guide.

Doctor Who Sylvester McCoy mug
Doctor Who Sylvester McCoy mug
Offered by Life Unearthed
Price: 6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 5 Jan 2012
This review is from: Doctor Who Sylvester McCoy mug
Exactly as seen, excellent piece of Who memorabilia. Wish the quote had been "hand me that Nitro-9 you're not carrying" but that's a fine detail.

Biocare Spectrumzyme Vegetable - Pack of 90 Capsules
Biocare Spectrumzyme Vegetable - Pack of 90 Capsules
Offered by Vitamins 2 U
Price: 26.80

5.0 out of 5 stars I can eat milk again, 5 Jan 2012
I am lactose intolerant. So much so that I can't have yoghurt or cheese, or even some flavours of crisps because that tiny amount of milk makes me ill. I tried Prolactazyme a few months back and noticed a great improvement, but I didn't like the bloating I got from the added probiotics, so I switched to Spectrumzyme and they're so much better. Arrived a little slowly from this seller but definitely worth the wait if you want to be able to have milk again. They have literally changed my life by making me able to eat an almost-normal diet (I have many other allergies and the combinations made it so difficult to eat).

Now I say: BRING ON THE ICE CREAM!!!

PS. Also good if you don't know whether you have intolerance or allergy because if it's an allergy these won't work and if it's an intolerance then it will. I'd get a smaller pack size though for your first purchase unless you're sure it's intolerance.

The Fisherman's Guide To Selling: Reel in the Sale - Hook, Line, and Sinker: Making the Sale, Hook, Line, and Sinker
by Joe DiMisa
Price: 8.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for Me, 5 Jan 2012
I had a failing party business and I was considering bankruptcy. I read this book (and a couple of others), then increased turnover the following month by 700%! Now I have sold my business and am training as a teacher- which is the art of selling education to children who don't want to buy-in. Excellent little book to keep me motivated and in the selling mindset.

Somebody Told Me
Somebody Told Me

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, 5 Jan 2012
This review is from: Somebody Told Me (MP3 Download)
Like all of Mr. Cheese's songs, this is another brilliant transformation into lounge music. I like listening to this in my lounge, whilst wearing my loungewear.

The Merlin Conspiracy
The Merlin Conspiracy
by Diana Wynne Jones
Price: 10.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Follows on, a great sequel, 5 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Merlin Conspiracy (Paperback)
This one follows on from "Deep Secret" and continues the adventures of Nick Mallory, who wants to be a Magid and travel between worlds, bringing a whole host of new characters in. Aspects of this book make a LOT more sense if you read "Deep Secret" although this is marketed as a stand-alone. I was initially disappointed that only one other character made it into this book from "Deep Secret" (Ted Mallory) but overall I think it works really well because Nick really gets a chance to shine where he was overshadowed by too many other awesome characters in the first book. The character development is absolutely fantastic and the book had so much going on at all times that it was like looking at a spiders web, only to see where the strands meet in the middle of the web at the end of the book. A finely crafted book but definitely for older readers and those with an interest in symbolism rather than the more overtly children's books DWJ has written. I would recommend this book if you liked "A Sudden Wild Magic," "Year of the Gryphon" or "Fire and Hemlock." If you found Fire and Hemlock tough going, this one probably won't be to your tastes.

Dance Of Death
Dance Of Death
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Some good, some ok, 5 Jan 2012
This review is from: Dance Of Death (MP3 Download)
Montsegur is my new favourite Maiden track. Almost. Alexander the Great is still my favourite-favourite. What I really like about this album is how it comes together like a musical journey. What I don't like is how it loses coherence towards the end. Overall, 4/5 stars.

Doctor Dolittle [VHS]
Doctor Dolittle [VHS]
VHS
Offered by entertainment2yourdoor
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr Dolittle- the best film ever, 24 Jan 2006
This review is from: Doctor Dolittle [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This is Dr Dolittle at its best- the all-singing all-dancing starry musical of the sixties, about exploration, discovery, empathy with animals (and people) and idealism. A man can talk to animals- and that's just the tip of the iceberg. He's trying to find the Giant Pink Sea Snail, you see, and it's not helping that he's been incarcerated for throwing a seal into the sea, or that he's got major women issues when he falls in love with the adorable Emma Fairfax. And what's a guy to do with a two headed llama? Nothing Emma would approve of, that's for sure! The best thing in the circumstances, he decides, is to buy a ship and leave the country, with a crew of three (and a parrot). Then he gets shipwrecked and things really get interesting. It's got some really catchy songs too... I've never seen anything like it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3