Profile for Torrie Lloyd > Reviews

Content by Torrie Lloyd

Torrie Lloyd "imani-acacia" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Swanson Vitamin K-1 100mcg, 100 Tablets
Swanson Vitamin K-1 100mcg, 100 Tablets
Offered by healthmonthly-uk

1.0 out of 5 stars OUT OF DATE PRODUCT, 31 Oct 2014
This arrived out of date - I bought it in November 2013 and its date was February 2013. Apart from that, it was fine, but I'm really angry because it's a basic food hygiene requirement to date check your products. I'd taken a few before I'd noticed, and in this day and age you don't expect to have to date check things when you buy them. I would have referred this pack to Trading Standards to fine them but I really can't be bothered.

VivaPet Outdoor Octagon Rabbit Run Cage Pen with Sun Protection Net Cover, 55-inch, Black/ Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd like to give these six stars., 31 Oct 2014
These runs are excellent if you use them sensibly.
We bought two of these. We had four rabbits at the time. Now we have six rabbits, we've used the pen's panels to make a garden "rabbit village" using these panels to stop the rabbits from biting each other's noses off, so all three pairs get to enjoy the garden together. We used fencing to build a fully enclosed rabbit run to protect from cats. When we had less rabbits, the green net-covers protected against cats pretty well and the rabbits liked them being on as it made them feel safe.
We haven't had any problems with escapees out into the garden, although we check our rabbits regularly. Since we've had our bunny village, two rabbits who hate each other do keep trying to burrow under, one of them succeeded a few weeks ago and nearly killed the other. That was an expensive vet trip. We have solved this by putting house bricks down the length of their runs on both sides, they can still dig but they can't get at each other now.
All in all, these runs have been excellent and have had so many uses for rabbit management. We have used about six panels to make a guided path for two of our rabbits to be able to get indoors/outdoors (from the house to their run) and this stops them getting out into the rest of the garden. They've been outdoors since we first got them and they haven't gone rusty yet either. They were delivered quickly and all the parts are good quality.

Revlon Vital Radiance EyeBrow Brush - 050
Revlon Vital Radiance EyeBrow Brush - 050
Offered by Quins Cosmetics

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product - NOT REVLON, 31 Oct 2014
I liked this brush. I knew it wasn't Revlon as I bought brow powder in the same make, I would have given five stars if seller would stop calling their products Revlon when they're not as it annoys me that they're misleading customers. Apart from that, this brush is good, firm, easy to use, although mostly these days I use the little brush that came with my brow powder, which is thinner. This definitely is one of the better eyebrow brushes I've owned although I don't have HD-width brows to need such a wide brush any more.

Revlon Vital Radiance Brow Fill-In Powder - 004 Brunette
Revlon Vital Radiance Brow Fill-In Powder - 004 Brunette
Offered by ***Daisy***

4.0 out of 5 stars NOT REVLON - VITAL RADIANCE, 31 Oct 2014
It's not Revlon. If that doesn't matter to your eyebrows, I'd get it anyway. I use the paler of the two shades to do my eyebrows as I'm blonde and it comes out nicely - doesn't leave them ginger or green looking, unlike a lot of lighter-coloured brow powders. Four stars, would have got five stars if they'd stop calling it Revlon. Get some brand confidence, Vital Radiance!

Water-Resistant Professional Skin Care Face and Body Brush System by ToiletTree Products (Purple)
Offered by ToiletTree Products

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG No Freakin' Way It's Not A Clarisonic!!!!!1, 31 Oct 2014
This is a rotating set of attachments that make you clean in the shower or at the sink. I bought it to get rid of my fiancee's spots on his back and upper arms before our wedding. He used it about once or twice a week for 6 weeks and there was a definite improvement, angry red spots are the exception not the norm now. This lives in my bathroom and I use it occasionally too, although I'm not prone to skin problems so I tend to just be gentle.
The "standard" face brush is too harsh but the sensitive brush is just fine.
The "standard" body brush is just fine.
All I can say is, don't expect it to work like a Clarisonic, it's a completely different product with a different mechanism of action, and you use it differently (I sure as hell wouldn't use it 2x a day like some people) but personally I really like this one as I only occasionally need to de-spotify, and am glad I didn't spend more money. It worked for the job I bought it for, it's shower safe, and is water RESISTANT (I can't comment on whether it's waterproof as I haven't been stupid enough to submerge it underwater or leave electronic equipment in the shower day in day out, that seems like mistreatment of electricals to me), but it definitely doesn't break if you use it in the shower - I dry mine off with a towel gently at the end of my shower, then leave it out to dry out for about an hour or two, then put it away in its packaging next time I go upstairs to use the toilet, so water doesn't have a chance of getting in. I use this with "sensitive" shower gel of various brands, don't use it with exfoliating scrub, and I haven't tried the foot one as I have no use for it. Make sure you moisturise after using this, even if you have oily skin (choose the right moisturiser) and it seems to leave your skin squeaky clean. Five stars.

Rabbits (Slim) 2014 (Calendar 2014)
Rabbits (Slim) 2014 (Calendar 2014)
by Avonside Publishing
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Rabbits on the wall, 31 Oct 2014
Can you make another one for next year please, this one was great thanks! It was nice to have rabbits on the wall for a third year in a row.

Hi vis safety vest
Hi vis safety vest
Offered by Pakeeza

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the job, 31 Oct 2014
This review is from: Hi vis safety vest (Misc.)
These do the job, had to use them in France to get out on the motorway. The fit was fine (I'm small though) and they fold up into the glovebox for compliance with foreign laws. I didn't get hit by any cars when I was wearing it so I think it did the job haha.

Warning Triangle - Red Travel Fold Up Safety Triangle In Case
Warning Triangle - Red Travel Fold Up Safety Triangle In Case
Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Triangle, 31 Oct 2014
Good triangle, doesn't take up too much space in the car, comes in a handy space saving case, easy to use in an emergency (which I had to as I had to stop on the road in France on day 1 of our transeuropean trip). Just don't forget to pick it up before you drive off!
Don't be ripped off by more expensive ones, this one is fine unless you want it to say "Waitrose" or something on it.

Abigail Abernathy: All-Night Analytical Engine Analyst (Abigail Abernathy Volume 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars I didn't like this one :(, 31 Oct 2014
Sorry, I really didn't like this book. I'm going to be harsh and honest about why: It was from the "instead of computers, we'll call them analytical engines, instead of wires, we'll call them steam pipes" style of steampunk, which I don't personally like (you may as well just stick some gears on a keyboard while you're at it). Add enough "you're a girl! ZOMG" to make me roll my eyes. I think this could have been improved by the author reading some actual novels from the target time period with a view to studying characterisation and behaviours, then adding steampunk elements to characters that rang true. This just felt like it was actually all set in 2014 really and that a few words had been changed to make it appeal to a different niche.

Apollo RB 2-Tier Spice Rack Holds 10 Jars
Apollo RB 2-Tier Spice Rack Holds 10 Jars

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the thing for what I needed, 31 Oct 2014
This came ready assembled which saved me time and effort, it arrived quickly and fits 10 standard sized jars of herbs/spices, saving me some cupboard space! I will maybe paint/varnish the wood but haven't decided yet.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5