Profile for Ellie Kate > Reviews

Content by Ellie Kate

Ellie Kate

Common Worship Lectionary: Advent 2013 to the Eve of Advent 2014 Standard Format (Common Worship: Services and Prayers for the Church of England)
by Church House Publishing
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lectionary, 12 Dec 2013
A standard Church of England publication giving the Bible readings for the Church year. Very useful for producing reading sheets for services. Delivery very prompt.

Ecumenical Certificate of Baptism
Ecumenical Certificate of Baptism
Price: 5.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Baptism, 12 Dec 2013
There is not much to say about these certificates. They are a necessary part of the Baptism process and are given to the child's parents following the service. They are standard for the Church of England. The delivery is very prompt which was useful as my stocks were getting low!

Godparent Card: Pink (2972)
Godparent Card: Pink (2972)

5.0 out of 5 stars It fits the bill!, 10 July 2013
There is not much that can be said about this product. It is a necessary part of the Baptism process and so does what is needed. Delivery was expensive but quick.

Charles Paris: An Amateur Corpse (BBC Radio Crimes)
Charles Paris: An Amateur Corpse (BBC Radio Crimes)
by Simon Brett
Edition: Audio CD
Price: 13.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun!, 14 May 2013
I always enjoy the Charles Paris Mysteries and have several. I buy audio and they are great to listen to whilst ironing, washing up, etc. as they do not demand too much concentration. Bill Nighy injects just the right amount of fun into the reading, but is serious when necessary. I like gritty crime dramas, but sometimes something a little lighthearted is called for and these stories fit the bill perfectly!

I would recommend them to anyone who likes crime drama without all the blood and gore, especially if you like to laugh out loud occasionally.

The Christmas Wedding
The Christmas Wedding
by James Patterson
Edition: Audio CD
Price: 9.29

2.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful disappointment, 13 May 2012
This review is from: The Christmas Wedding (Audio CD)
I love the usual Patterson books (I buy audio), but this left me cold. I expect gritty realism and escapism from JP and he has always provided this before, but not with this book. If I was looking for romance or soppy stuff I choose suitable authors, e.g. Josephine Cox or Maeve Binchy, both authors I enjoy, but know what to expect! From JP I have other expectations which are usually fulfilled. All the time this CD was playing, I was waiting for the crime to begin. The only crime was the lack of strong story! I wish I had not paid out the money.