Profile for Janita Suzanne Turner > Reviews

Content by Janita Suzanne...

Janita Suzanne Turner

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Painting Studio
Painting Studio

5.0 out of 5 stars Painting Studio for Kindle, 2 July 2013
This review is from: Painting Studio (App)
Great fun, especially for the grandchildren. So much variation and it's great to be able to save the stuff you do. Takes a little time to work through it all, but all in all, a good little programme

Giant Re-usable Planter Grow Bag
Giant Re-usable Planter Grow Bag
Offered by Garden Selections

4.0 out of 5 stars Giant Grow Bag, 2 July 2013
This review is from: Giant Re-usable Planter Grow Bag
Great grow bag. As with other comments, you do need quite a lot of compost to fill it, but you do need the depth to enable to plants to grow properly. I'm using mine in our large, greenhouse type polytunnel at our allotment to grow my tomatoes, aubergines and peppers in and there's no doubt that I made a good choice to grow them this way. It's beginning to resemble a jungle in there! I do agree that the sides are a bit floppy and you have to be careful when watering that the water doesn't trickle out over the edge. I've cleverly managed to prop a few bags closely together to support themselves and it seems to work ok.

First Repertoire for Clarinet (Clarinet and Piano) (Faber Edition)
First Repertoire for Clarinet (Clarinet and Piano) (Faber Edition)
by Paul Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars First Repertoire for Clarinet, 2 July 2013
An easy first repertoire and as I already can read music and play another instrument, it has inspired me to keep going and I'm looking forward to progressing to more difficult music.

A New Tune a Day for Clarinet: Books 1 & 2
A New Tune a Day for Clarinet: Books 1 & 2
by VARIOUS

5.0 out of 5 stars A New Tune a Day for Clarinet, 2 July 2013
Am teaching myself, having reached grade 8 on the flute and wanting to diversify to another instrument. My only problem is with me! I have to condition myself to remembering that the fingering for a C on the clarinet is a G on the flute! I'm enjoying working along with the CD and it's very easy to follow. Perhaps a little too easy if you can already read music as there is quite a lot of theory explanation as you work through it, but I just whizzed through those bits.

Quick and Clever Watercolours: Step-by-Step Projects for Spectacular Results
Quick and Clever Watercolours: Step-by-Step Projects for Spectacular Results
by Charles Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and Clever Watercolours, 2 July 2013
Recommended by someone I bumped into by chance in local Hobbycraft store! He raved about the simplicity of the instructions so I thought I'd give it a go. We tried and tested it within our small amateur art group where our skills range from nil to Hmmmm!? The results working on trees to simple figures were quite impressive - even for us! I would highly recommend this book for anyone starting out.

Bad Piggies HD Free (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Bad Piggies HD Free (Kindle Tablet Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars Bad Piggies, 2 July 2013
Grandsons got it for my Kindle! They seem to like it. I'm just trying to master it but so far think it's ok

Baking for Beginners: Quick & Easy, Proven Recipes
Baking for Beginners: Quick & Easy, Proven Recipes
by Ann Nicol

5.0 out of 5 stars Baking for Beginners, 4 May 2013
I'm hardly a beginner, but having accumulated many baking books over the years, I have to say this a little gem! The recipes are easy to follow and the results - positively perfect. The lemon drizzle cake is a firm favourite, though I must admit that I add a filling of mascarpone and lemon curd to give it that extra touch of perfection. Other favourits are the Marmalade Loaf cake, the Bread & Butter Pudding and the Honey & Banana Tea Bread.
It's such a comprehensive book fully guiding the beginner through the different techniques used and giving advice on equipment. I now find I'm using it far more that any of the other recipe books I have!

Kids Fun Animal Piano - Music Game with Animal Sounds and Silly Effects for Learning Preschool and Kindergarten Toddlers, Boys and Girls Under Ages 1, 2, 3, 4 years old - Free Trial

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for even tiny children, 19 Mar 2013
My 2 1/2 year old grandson absolutely loves this game! He likes to see the animals move and loves the different noises they make. Keeps him amused for ages

Coin Dozer
Coin Dozer

5.0 out of 5 stars A great simple game, 19 Mar 2013
This review is from: Coin Dozer (App)
It's a good little game, but I have to say you don't need too much skill to do it. It's very similar to the shove penny game you can find in the slot machine arcades and is easy to put aside and come back to if you have something else to do.

BBC iPlayer
BBC iPlayer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great app for catch-up, 19 Mar 2013
This review is from: BBC iPlayer (App)
My best download I think! It enables me to watch, using the headphones, while my husband watches what he wants on the family tv. We conflict on many programmes so it has saved many an argument!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3