Profile for Y. McLoughlin > Reviews

Content by Y. McLoughlin

Y. McLoughlin (Bristol, UK)

Soonchild
Soonchild
by Russell Hoban

5.0 out of 5 stars Soonchild, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Soonchild (Hardcover)
Soonchild was Russell Hoban's last book and is, in my opinion, one of his best ... not only for children, although it was probably written for his grandchildren, but for adults too. It is a book of deep wisdom and is now one of my all-time best books.

Denver Chocolate Cream Duvet Quilt Cover Set, King Size
Denver Chocolate Cream Duvet Quilt Cover Set, King Size

1.0 out of 5 stars Denver Chocolate Cream Duvet Cover, 20 Nov. 2011
It is horrible. It is 100% polyester and I thought it would be cotton. I think the product description should be more specific.

Cutting For Stone
Cutting For Stone
by Abraham Verghese

5.0 out of 5 stars Cutting for Stone, 20 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Cutting For Stone (Paperback)
Abraham Verghese writes with ingenuity and creative sensitivity. I loved the characters. I loved the story. I laughed and I cried. It is a book worth every minute.

La Cafetiere Havana Cafetiere, 3 Cup
La Cafetiere Havana Cafetiere, 3 Cup
Offered by Good Thymes

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this item ... it falls apart!, 13 Sept. 2010
I bought this cafetiere because I thought it would be a qualitative product, and even though I thought it was costly. I have used it now for about two weeks and the plunger has just fallen apart. Unfortunately, because I had bought it in 2009, but had packed it away for future use, I am now unable to return the cafetiere.

The Miracle Of Mindfulness: The Classic Guide to Meditation by the World's Most Revered Master (Classic Edition)
by Thich Nhat Hanh

5.0 out of 5 stars A true gem, 9 Aug. 2009
You do not have to be a Buddhist to benefit from this book. Master Thich Nhat Hanh shows how everyone has the potential to enrich their lives by becoming more aware of themselves, and by doing this how to find an element of happiness. My son gave me this book to help me through a deep depression, because it is now clinically proven that meditation is one of the most effective means of dealing with depression. The simple, straightforward methods detailed are easy to understand and put into practice, and I can promise anyone who wants to learn how to deal with their suffering that this book is a wonderful beginning. Thank you, Master Thich Nhat Hanh!

Piri Piri Starfish: Portugal Found
Piri Piri Starfish: Portugal Found
by Tessa Kiros

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like food, you'll love this book, 17 Mar. 2009
I bought Piri Piri Starfish: Portugal Found as a birthday present for a friend who spends part of each year in Portugal. The book has turned out to be her favourite recipe book, and I have now bought my own copy because I was so impressed with the recipes, I nearly didn't give it to my friend! Besides being visually stunning, the recipes are simple to follow and trustworthy ... the finished results have all been excellent. I can highly recommend this book to food lovers! I think that Tessa Kiros must be an amazing cook.