Profile for Ray Melnik > Reviews

Content by Ray Melnik

Ray Melnik "ntech" (Staten Island, New York)

The Prayer
The Prayer
by Stephan J Myers

5.0 out of 5 stars A story filled with emotion, 23 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Prayer (Paperback)
I was curious and downloaded The Prayer, by Stephan J Myers. I have always raised my children to have their eyes open to seeing both the good and the bad in the world. This story is a wonderfully told, beautifully illustrated classic in the making. It’s quite a unique children’s tale that will be enjoyed by the adult reading it as well. You cannot help but feel something was struck deep inside when you reach the end. I look forward to reading more stories from Myers.

Five Books of Marriage
Five Books of Marriage

5.0 out of 5 stars Words that make you feel, 8 Jan. 2012
Five Books of Marriage is a sincere offering of true feelings. It is personal. Currently in the final days of legally ending my own marriage of almost two decades, it stirs anger and regret. But there were smiles when I remembered my life as it was in "Fathoms". Harry Owen crafts a moving collection of poetry in which he's willing to open up his own life to give us an honest look at happiness, love, complaisance, disappointment and redemption.

I thoroughly enjoyed this moving and intelligent collection. It was well written and results in poetry you can almost touch, or at the very least touches you. Five Books of Marriage moves from being the song you put on when feeling melancholy, to the one you put on when the warmth returns.

Novelist, Ray Melnik

Breaking Silence
Breaking Silence
by Jacob Sam-La Rose

5.0 out of 5 stars Personal and Profound, 13 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Breaking Silence (Paperback)
A friend introduced me to this new collection and I am thankful. Breaking Silence, by Jacob Sam-La Rosa was often personal, and always interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed this poet's view of the world and the personal tales revealed. Even though the stories and experiences that birth the poems may be unique, the feelings are universal. It truly does sit between the personal and the profound. I look forward to reading more of Jacob's work. - Ray Melnik (novelist)USA.

Everybody/Girls & Boys
Everybody/Girls & Boys

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely beautiful songs and an absolutely beautiful voice, 21 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Everybody/Girls & Boys (Audio CD)
Both of these albums are absolutely incredible. I love every single song on "Everybody" and just about every one on "Girls and Boys." This is one artist who is going places.