ARRAY(0xaa294d08)

Glass Vinegar Bottle
Offered by MMP Living
Price: 3.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, but......, 29 Mar 2013
I just bought an identical-looking item in Wilkinson's for 0.61! And so far it does the job perfectly. At this price I'm not complaining.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2013 9:14 AM BST

Olloclip 3-in-1 Fisheye and Macro Clip-On Lens System for iPhone 5 - Red
Olloclip 3-in-1 Fisheye and Macro Clip-On Lens System for iPhone 5 - Red
Price: 64.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure, 12 Feb 2013
Had the iPhone 4 version, which doesn't fit the 5. Not sure I want to stump up nearly 75 every time the iPhone form factor changes. I may try the 10 cheapo copy, see if that works OK (let's face it, these devices won't deliver Leica quality). Maybe I'll even be able to switch the Olloclip lenses onto the cheapo bracket.

In my view the Olloclip would be a more attractive proposition at around 25, hence my rating.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 20, 2013 3:24 PM BST

Christmas Card Hang Ups - Quick and easy card display kit! Displays up to 50 cards!!!
Offered by Homeware UK
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Why the hang-ups?, 27 Dec 2012
God only knows what the two one-star reviewers are doing, these work perfectly. I've cut the velcro strip into two halves, hung 15/16 cards from each, and hung them by the command strips as instructed, stuck to the wallpaper. No sign of them coming down. I've just ordered more for future years.

Only two downsides - P&P is a bit rich, and when I come to recycle the cards I'll have to pick off the velcro tabs, but not a big deal. The product itself has satisfied 100%.

Francis Francis X1 Ground Coffee Machine, Almond
Francis Francis X1 Ground Coffee Machine, Almond
Price: 391.26

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice machine, but beware quality problems, 7 Feb 2012
I've had my X1 for a few years now. I love its looks, and it makes perfect espresso and cappuccino.

But its weakness is the constant rusting of the drawer front. You could say it's the Lancia Beta of coffee-makers! I had a grapple with the importers when the first one rusted through, and had to pay 10 for a replacement, when I thought a gratis one would have been a more reasonable response. They couldn't have been less interested in seeing the old part.

Now the replacement has rusted through, and I was fearing approaching Euro Foods again (FrancisFrancis is owned by Illy). But I did a quick Google search and found that these parts are now available through Craystone. The price has gone up to an outrageous 35, but I've bitten the bullet and gone for the stainless steel one at an even more outrageous 45 because at least this one should never rust. That's how much I love the machine.

The fact that there is a stainless replacement shows that the manufacturers acknowledge the quality issue. It's a pity they have never changed the original part to a more suitable material to avoid the problem.

Biogreen ARK 3.0/GB 3000W Thermostatically Controlled Greenhouse Heater
Biogreen ARK 3.0/GB 3000W Thermostatically Controlled Greenhouse Heater

4.0 out of 5 stars Only one disappointment, 17 Dec 2011
Good quality materials and construction, and I expect it to last at least as long as its predecessor (also a Bio Green, on continuously for seven years).

The one disappointment is that it is not possible to have the fan running permanently when the thermostatic heating element is on in either of its two settings (1.5 and 3.0 Kw). I still want ventilation even when the temperature is up to the set minimum (about 3C in my case).

1986 - 1991 The Warner Years
1986 - 1991 The Warner Years
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 23.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Where are the track titles, etc?, 28 Oct 2011
As a Miles-completist I had to have this, but what a shame that Warner Bros. couldn't be bothered to put track titles, artist's name, album title on CDs 2-5. If you want to put this on your computer for syncing to an iPod, you have a lot of input work to do.

Also I realise 5 CDs is an awkward packaging task, but a paper sleeve for CD5? Come on!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 9, 2011 2:13 PM GMT

Manfrotto MN-088LBP Small Adapter - Converts 1/4" Female to 3/8" Male
Manfrotto MN-088LBP Small Adapter - Converts 1/4" Female to 3/8" Male
Price: 7.95

4.0 out of 5 stars As described, 15 Aug 2010
Top quality, does what it's intended to do, but should be included with all Manfrotto tripod heads, hence loss of one star.

Spear & Jackson - Elements Aerator
Spear & Jackson - Elements Aerator
Price: 18.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Expectations unfulfilled, 21 Jun 2010
Sadly this was not a successful purchase. I had visions of nice neat tubes of soil emerging from the top of the tines, but in my case all I got was compaction in the tubes which had to be cleared, with difficulty, with bamboo sticks.

My conclusion is that this tool would work OK if the soil was loamy or sandy, but clogs badly on a clay soil. Unfortunately it is clay soil that needs aeration most. I think a fork would work better and with much less effort, and indeed, having since spoken to a county cricket groundsman on the subject, that is exactly what he uses.

Lexar Professional UDMA Dual Slot USB 2.0 Reader ( UDMA CF/ CF/SD/SDHC Cards )
Lexar Professional UDMA Dual Slot USB 2.0 Reader ( UDMA CF/ CF/SD/SDHC Cards )

5.0 out of 5 stars The SanDisk SDHC question, 29 April 2010
I endorse all the positive views above.

SanDisk SDHC users (like myself) can rest easy though. They are a little tight to insert but do go in with a little jiggling and then download as intended. Maybe SanDisk cards are a couple of microns thicker than other makes.

This reader replaces a LaCie 4-way item that I will retain only for the unlikely event that I have any MemorySticks to read.

Swatch Unisex Blue Conker Blue Dial Leather Strap Watch
Swatch Unisex Blue Conker Blue Dial Leather Strap Watch
Offered by S3WATCH AG
Price: 37.01

5.0 out of 5 stars All I hoped for, 16 Dec 2009
I was looking for a cheapish, modern but retro good timekeeper, and the Blue Conker is all that. I have seen it referred to as a ladies' watch, but it suits my male but slimmish wrist just fine.

If there is a drawback, the lack of contrast between hands and dial mean that it is not always easy to tell the time at a quick glance, e.g. when driving, but it's a minor point.