Profile for Shterten ze Bertens > Reviews

Content by Shterten ze Be...

Shterten ze Bertens (Ulster)

Page: 1 | 2
Cycling Riding Bicycle Bike Sports Sun Glasses Eyewear Goggles +4 Lens And Frame

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute bargain!, 9 Feb 2014
Multiple interchangeable lenses, hard case, soft case, cloth, neck straps all for a tenner. Good quality items. What's not to like?

Speck PixelSkin HD Clip-On Case Cover for iPhone 5/5S - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars It's not bad but...., 29 Jan 2014
.....there's a design flaw. The hole cut around the headphone socket is too small, so that when I want to plug in a standard auxiliary lead to listen to music in the car, it won't go in far enough and the case has to be removed. Bit of an inconvenience this, in an otherwise robust and well designed product.

Melkco Luxe Jacka Black Handmade Genuine Leather Slimline Case for iPhone 5 & 5S
Offered by Alida Systems ®

1.0 out of 5 stars This case will damage your iphone 5, 4 Nov 2013
I wish I'd paid more attention the negative reviews of this item! My iphone 5 has scrapes and chips on each side from using this case. On a brand new phone this is extremely annoying to say the least. I used a Melcko case for my iphone 4 without any issues, probably due to the different phone construction, but this iphone 5 case is definitely to be avoided.
This is a shame because it looks good and is well made.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2014 11:15 PM BST

Siamese Dream
Siamese Dream

2.0 out of 5 stars Extremely disappointed, 15 Feb 2012
This review is from: Siamese Dream (Audio CD)
My low rating has got nothing to do with music. The remastered version of this superb album sounds great and the outtakes cd proves how good Smashing Pumpkins were at their peak. My rating has to do with the fact that the remastered disc does not play properly. I returned the first one I received because there was a strange scratchy sounding noise when the disc was spinning. The replacement cd was even worse so now I am going to have to return it for a refund. The other cd in the box set plays perfectly, as does the original version of Siamese Dream I bought 20 years ago. I also bought the remastered gish box set and it has the same problem. I have a high quality red book cd player so I know the problem isn't with it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 17, 2012 7:18 PM BST

Smartbox Pro Wrapping Paper Roll 750mmx25m Brown Ref 139712227
Smartbox Pro Wrapping Paper Roll 750mmx25m Brown Ref 139712227
Offered by Shoplet-UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Still Waiting, 22 Nov 2011
Maybe the product is very good but I don't know because it didn't arrive. I ordered it on 8th November and I'm still waiting.I really needed the paper for my business and now it leaves me in an awkward position. I've sent 4 e-mails to the seller but had zero response. DO NOT USE THIS SELLER!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2012 9:27 AM BST

Nikon 24-120MM F3.5-5.6G AF-S VR IF-ED (discontinued by manufacturer)
Nikon 24-120MM F3.5-5.6G AF-S VR IF-ED (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good lens, 3 April 2009
This works a treat with my D700 - VR (vibration reduction) makes a big difference. For the price, I would recommend it.

Krallice
Krallice

4.0 out of 5 stars Dense, 5 Nov 2008
This review is from: Krallice (Audio CD)
6 long tracks , some amazing musicianship, strangled vocals low in the mix - not your typical black metal vocal style and all the better for it. This is a very good album, worth checking out.

Dear Science
Dear Science

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmmmmmm...., 5 Nov 2008
This review is from: Dear Science (Audio CD)
Not convinced about this album - sure, it has some great melodies but the music sounds like it was all created on a PC, and some singing sounds disturbingly similar to Coldplay. Their performance on Later...was a lot more organic (and enjoyable)

Old Wounds
Old Wounds

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 21 Oct 2008
This review is from: Old Wounds (Audio CD)
This band sound like a cross between Shellac, Jesus Lizard and Fugazi but with cleaner vocals. However it doesn't sound derivative and Young Widows put their own twist on the sound. Deep grungy bass, heavy as hell drums and intersting guitar sounds (sounding like the Edge at times - but in a good way!), well worth checking out.

Black Ice (Deluxe)
Black Ice (Deluxe)
Offered by MediaMine

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 21 Oct 2008
This review is from: Black Ice (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
This is better than their last album. It is also ACDC's longest release - this made me slightly apprehensive that it would be too "samey" over 15 tracks. However there is enough variety in tempo and riffage to make this an extremely satisfying listen. It's the first ACDC release I have bought since 1982s For Those About to Rock and it is much, much better than it has any right to be at this stage in their career. Love this band.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 22, 2008 10:35 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2