Profile for Hania > Reviews

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Digital Video & Sensor Mat Monitor
Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Digital Video & Sensor Mat Monitor
Price: 92.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Would be fantastic if it worked., 21 Jun 2014
In short, I have now returned the original item as it was faulty, together with its faulty replacement, and also the faulty replacement of that faulty replacement... Don't think this can be just bad luck, either faulty batch, or very poorly made items in general, or something along those lines.

The sound on the first parent monitor kept cutting out. The screen on the second kept blacking out, and the third had both problems.

The first item did work well for maybe two months. Despite irritating niggles, like an annoying interference howl if the parent unit and baby monitor were too close together, and not being able to turn off the big flashing notice telling me the sensor pad wasn't connected (I already knew it wasn't), and also, the battery died so quickly I suspect that even when the baby unit was mains connected, it was using some battery - either that or it really was very power hungry - despite these irritations, it gave enormous peace of mind that all was well, in a way that no other product at that price did and would have happily put up with all of these niggles, had the item actually worked and not been faulty.

This item really does have the potential to be brilliant, but Tommee Tippee need to iron out annoying niggles, and ensure that the items all do actually work. Have requested Amazon check whether there isn't a faulty batch...

Amazon have however been brilliant in dealing with these issues.

Agnus Castus 100mg
Agnus Castus 100mg
Price: 6.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Tried twice; one good experience one bad..., 16 Mar 2013
This review is from: Agnus Castus 100mg (Personal Care)
This is intended as a note of caution, more than anything else.

I have used this product at two different intervals; The first, was some years back. I'd lost a lot of weight suddenly, consequently my periods stopped altogether. I read up about Agnus Castus and its reputation of re-establishing cycles which had stopped. After about two, maybe three months of taking this, my periods started again. I cannot be 100% sure that it was due to Agnus Castus, but I believe it was. For this reason I thought it was amazing, and a success.

Last year, I thought that my cycles were too long. I took Agnus Castus in the belief that it would normalise them. Instead, my periods became light, to the point I worry they're too light, my cycle was also much longer and through monitoring BBTs, oddly my luteal phase lengthened from the normal 14 days to 3-4 weeks (worth re-iterating that I cannot be 100% that this is due to AC, but reading online about this product, it has been suggested on some sites - though again not thoroughly enough researched to confirm- that AC may act to increase progesterone levels, this would be consistent with my excessively long luteal phase, I'm really just noting this not so that you take my word as gospel, but just to highlight that if you are considering taking this product, depending on what issues you may have, this aspect might be worth investigating further). I stopped taking this product and although my luteal phases regained their normal 14 day duration almost immediately, my periods remain light. I can't say for sure that any of this is due to Agnus castus, only that I believe so.

My experience is of Agnus Castus, not specifically of this firm.

As mentioned above, my review is really only intended as a word of caution; please do research this product thoroughly before making a decision. There are risks in self medicating.

Funky Boutique Ladies Full Length Cotton Leggings UK Size 8-26
Funky Boutique Ladies Full Length Cotton Leggings UK Size 8-26
Price: 1.19 - 6.23

3.0 out of 5 stars ok for the price, 14 Jan 2013
Purchased these in size 8, which is my correct size. Loved the look, so went out for the day wearing these. I found that they ruffled up at the knee quite a bit when you walk for a distance (which I haven't found with my other leggings) making them look much too big. Not sure if the bottom of the legs moved up, or the waist moved down, either way, I kept having to re-adjust them. Given that inc P&P I paid a little more than 5 for them, this is to be expected I guess- you get what you pay for here.

Desigual Cossa Wrap Womens Skirt
Desigual Cossa Wrap Womens Skirt

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely- so origonal, 16 Feb 2012
I just received this skirt, having bought it on promotion. Although I don't believe it really was worth the RRP, it really is worth the 26 -ish I paid, I'd have paid a little more (not 109 though). It lies lovely and straight, giving me a nice figure (I bought in size 8 which is my correct size). There are 5 or 6 vertical different sections on the skirt, as you can see at least in part in the picture. It looks original but also stylish- in my view both modern and stylish. I have bought a few skirts from desigual before. This is my favourite of them; the others do have a nice design but certainly this one looks more classy and like it will last the longest (although I have only had it for one day.... If you have other skirts by Desigual, you would probably know that some have elasticated waists, others don't. It isn't clear from the description but this one doesn't.

Andrew James New Large 90 Meal / Day Automatic Pet Feeder / Bowl with Voice Recorder
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD
Price: 79.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't try it with wet food!, 14 Jan 2012
So basically, this is probably stating the obvious to most intelligent people, and I feel stupid for not having realised myself, but I do think it's worth mentioning that this is just intended for dry food.
I bought one of these as it's about the only product I could find which doesn't say only for dry food and which can feed for several days. As I have a cat that can only eat wet this was great. I bought the 4 batteries (it takes the really big chunky ones, 'D' I think they are). I chucked in two tins of Felix. Some Felix meat juice leaked out but I didn't think much of it. I set the mechanism to kick in for 6am. It did make a super loud noise as the 'cup' started it's cycle and I was expecting to come downstairs to see loads of food in the dish and my cats guzzling away, it was exciting. When I did go downstairs there was a disappointed and bemused looking cat staring at about 3 cubes of felix in the dish. I phoned AndrewJamesLTD and explained. The guy told me it was only intended for dry food and I was the first to contact them with making that mistake. The guy asked if I hadn't realised from the picture it was always for dry food. Well, obviously I hadn't. It doesn't actually say in the product description anything about being just for dry food, so in case you are wondering about wet.. well it looks like it's intended for dry food only. I do realise that most people would have realised this for themselves though... just perhaps there are others like me, who wouldn't realise unless it was explicitly stated.. which is what my review is intended to do.

Cat Mate Pet Fountain
Cat Mate Pet Fountain
Price: 23.90

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a cat water toy as well as a drinking fountain!, 12 May 2011
This review is from: Cat Mate Pet Fountain (Misc.)
Like a number of other reviewers, I bought this to encourage my 'constipated' male cat to drink more (as that way my DIY diagnosis of his problem). This isn't the cheapest item so a bit pricey if your pet doesn't actually take to it, which had been my main worry.
The fountain is very easy to set up and is virtually silent in operation. Within minutes, if not seconds, my male cat was drinking from the fountain. Testing out each of the bowls and the 'fountain' one by one. He really enjoyed playing with the water too. I hadn't actually counted on that but it was hilarious to watch. Anyway, the main point is that he really took to it very quickly and is now peeing for Britain, so I guess it's served its purpose. In addition to this he has become very possessive of this fountain and although his sister wants to use it too I've seen him sitting guarding the fountain from a nearby chair and bashing her on the head when she tries to use it.
In summary, of two cats, one confident (male) and one a bit anxious (female), from the outset they both were very much at ease using the fountain and both continue to do so. It definitly has encouraged one of them to drink more (the male), regarding the other there hasn't been an obvious change, though she never had any problems in the first place.

Staywell 300 - 4 Way Locking Cat Flap/Door - White
Staywell 300 - 4 Way Locking Cat Flap/Door - White
Offered by MasterPlastics
Price: 15.19

2.0 out of 5 stars It's a basic cat flap!, 11 May 2011
One other reviewer has pretty much hit the nail on the head with this one. I'm going to repeat it solely to emphasise the point already made so that it isn't coming from just one person. The main issue in my view is that the door is very flimsy. It took my two cats (actually large kittens) about two days to figure out how to bash down the door to break out when the cat flap door's theoretically locked. As a previous reviewer has stated, the door only really locks to one side so if a cat wants to prise the door open from the left side, well if a kitten can do it, it can't exactly be that much of a challenge really. If you are looking for a basic cat flap and don't really intend on using the locking function, this will probably be fine. The only thing to warn you about is that I know now that I will be replacing mine as it's just not suitable for my purpose, but now the added complication is I just don't know how likely it is that a different cat flap can be installed into the hole which is now cut into my door!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2012 8:55 AM GMT

Morphy Richards 48268 Breadmaker (Stainless Steel)
Morphy Richards 48268 Breadmaker (Stainless Steel)

5.0 out of 5 stars This review is mainly intended to give more information about some of the recipes included., 23 Aug 2007
We have owned this model for about two years. It makes great loaves of bread if you follow the recipes provided. The recipes are very quick and simple to follow and have only gone wrong when I forgot to add the salt. You just need to add the ingredients in the quantities and order listed, then press the buttons.

The bun recipes are brilliant too but unlike the bread, you also need to shape and bake the dough yourself. The only thing the bun (and pizza) recipes don't mention, maybe because it's obvious to most people (it wasn't to me) is that it really helps to coat your hands in flour before shaping the dough because it helps stop the dough sticking to your hands like chewing gum.

The recipe for pizza base again is good, but in the quantity they suggest you either end up with enough dough for a very large pizza base, two bases, or one like an inflatable bed. If you don't want so much pizza, making the pizza base using the "bun dough" recipe instead I think is just as nice if not a little better, and you can shape the left over dough to make buns.

The only minor down-side we've found to this model is that despite the description saying that when making bread the paddle drops down out of the loaf, even when our paddle drops it usually gets stuck in the base of the loaf so you have to fish it out. This isn't hard to do though. We got our breadmaker from argos for under 40. We have seen it there recently for about 35 since then so it's worth checking on their website before buying somewhere else. For under 40 this is amazing. Our machine has been used on average several times each week. After two years it hasn't developed any faults.

The Moscow Puzzles: 359 Mathematical Recreations (Dover Recreational Math)
The Moscow Puzzles: 359 Mathematical Recreations (Dover Recreational Math)
by Boris Kordemsky
Price: 14.49

3.0 out of 5 stars For the more able Mathematician, this is a truly great book!, 16 April 2005
This review is not intended to tell you lots about the book, only about who the book is aimed for. I bought this book with the expectation that it would have lots of puzzles suitable for the "average Joe", or there abouts and would require some level of Mathematical thinking so would be nice, light hearted practice for my students ( I am a secondary school maths teacher). The level and style of the puzzles varies, but the majority of problems are aimed at those who are capable of attaining grade A at GCSE Mathematics and it does have some fairly complex solutions. The layout of the book is also fairly old fashioned. It was first published in 1971 and the font and presentation is in line with what you would expect of a book published at that time. If you are looking for puzzles involving a higher level of mathematical thinking and a variety of styles of problems however then this book does suit this purpose.
In summary, this book may be great or fairly useless, depending on for what purpose it is wanted.