Profile for N. Phillips > Reviews

Content by N. Phillips

N. Phillips (Hampshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Griffin GB01900 Motif Gloss Case for iPhone 4 - Clear
Griffin GB01900 Motif Gloss Case for iPhone 4 - Clear

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case, 10 Nov 2011
I've had one of these cases for just over a year now. Love the styling and how easy it can be slipped on and off. It has saved my phone from damage on a number of occasions when I've let it slip. And I have a number of friends who have bought the same case having seen mine. Definitely recommended.

Ritual
Ritual

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as White Lies' first album, 12 Feb 2011
This review is from: Ritual (Audio CD)
An OK album, but I was expecting much more after 'To Lose My Life', which was one of the best CDs I'd bought for a long chalk.
'Ritual' is a bit samey, without the variety of 'To Lose My life'. It's ok to settle on a style, but I think the boys have gone too far with this.

But there are some good tracks, which the more I hear the more I like. 'In love' is good, not so sure about 'bigger than us', and 'turn the bells' is the one that sticks in my head out of all of them. 'Power & glory' would be brilliant if it wasn't for that annoying little squeak through the first half - what's all that about, totally ruins it.

I usually listen to music in the car, but this is one that does deserve an at-home listen, as some of the musical details get lost in the road noise.

Hoping the next album will rediscover some of the freshness. Please guys.

Bakers Dozen Cupcake Stand
Bakers Dozen Cupcake Stand
Offered by CuratedUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but be gentle, 11 Jan 2011
A lovely stand, that does look stunning loaded with cupcakes, and just the right size for my baking batches.

However my wife did manage to break it on it's first outing, with a little over eager tightening, so beware of the fragility.

The Glassblower of Murano
The Glassblower of Murano

5.0 out of 5 stars Venice sinking, surely not, 11 Jan 2011
I visited Venice once on my honeymoon and my wife and I swore we would return. This book has strengthened that promise in me, as it has given me an altogether new, or perhaps ancient, perspective on the most beguiling of cities.

I loved this book with its intertwining parallels of history and present day, its well researched details on glass making and the workings of Murano. The story is interesting, intriguing and gripping. There's a number of criticisms from other reviewers that I might echo, but for me this does not distract from the storytelling. Leonora's character is well crafted as is that of her ancestor Corradino, and the myriad of connections between them build and twist and bind the parallels compellingly together. The insights into the Venetian setting and its treasures were an added bonus.

A lovely read that I thoroughly enjoyed.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a biggie, 31 Dec 2010
Beautiful jewellery box. This is a very large box, and it might just take all my wife's jewellery.

The marquetry on the top is lovely and the box is nicely constructed (close fitting half lap joints), and all the drawers are lined with felt, so it has a real luxurious feel to it. Very pleased with this purchase.

Turtle Beach Ear Force X11 Headset (Xbox 360/PC)
Turtle Beach Ear Force X11 Headset (Xbox 360/PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars They're awesome dad!, 31 Dec 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Bought these for my son for Christmas and he's made up - he tells me they are awesome, with a big wide grin on his face that would stretch the toughest knicker elastic, and that he can hear the bombs ticking on the other side of the field, wow! - so they must be good.

The Wrong People
The Wrong People

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally ..., 10 Mar 2010
This review is from: The Wrong People (Audio CD)
I love this LP. I used to play it non-stop. And now finally on CD. Wow!

My favourite track was definitely She Gets Out The Scrapbook - fantastic story telling lyrics, emotionally charged, written with a passion that really comes out of the music and twisting vocals, "did we really live like this"?

Brilliant Mind was the biggest selling single - and it is a brilliant track. Catchy, moody, bouncy, all the best of 80s electro-pop, full bodied melodies, love the sax, and clear strong vocals.

Shake Like Judy Shakes and Love Your Shoes, carry on the bouncy themes of Brilliant Mind. I Miss You, slows down a notch, and then we enter the more manic melodies of Pierre's Fight and the Sound of the Bell and Escape Into My Arms. Great tracks all, least that's how I remember it.

PERFUME COLOGNE SCENT BOTT (Schiffer Book for Collectors)
PERFUME COLOGNE SCENT BOTT (Schiffer Book for Collectors)
by JACQUELYNE NORT

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Illustrations, 22 Oct 2009
This is an expensive book, but is a wealth of information for the aspirational perfume bottle collector. Beautiful full colour photographs of many, many gorgeous and rare bottles. The grouping is the book is logical but I often find myself flicking through many pages when I'm looking for something. A great coffee table book, that friends just can't help picking up and browsing. Very happy.

Miller's Perfume Bottles: A Collector's Guide (The collector's guide)
Miller's Perfume Bottles: A Collector's Guide (The collector's guide)
by Madeleine Marsh

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for start up collectors, 22 Oct 2009
Nice easy to read format with plenty of pictures and prices. When I started collecting perfume bottles this was a handy friendly reference.

takeMS Tiny 4GB USB Waterproof Secure Flash Drive Memory + Free (Carry It Easy +Plus) worth 24.99, 5 Year Warranty

1.0 out of 5 stars Take MS secure memory stick, 22 Oct 2009
.. wasn't quite as easy to use as I expected. To encrypt data is a real pain, so I use it now an insecure stick, and bought myself another stick for secure stuff which is a lot easier to use.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4