Profile for Penny Dixon > Reviews

Content by Penny Dixon

Penny Dixon (Glasgow)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
WoodPuck: Bamboo Edition Qi Wireless Charger Pad Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge + (Plus), Note 5, Nexus 4, 5, 6, 7, Moto 360 Watch, Nokia Lumia 830, 735, 920, 928, 930, 1520, Blackberry Z30, Catphone S50, Asus Padfone S PF500KL, Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, S5, Note 3, Note 4, Alpha with PWRcard & SlimPWRcard, iPhone 6S, SE, 6S Plus, 6, 6 Plus, 5, 5C, 5S with iQi Mobile, and Other Qi-enabled Tablets & Phones (Cappuccino)
Offered by Fonesalesman

5.0 out of 5 stars Wood - Well made and beautiful., 18 Jan. 2016
Bought this after receiving a fake Samsung charger, and was a little dubious. Mostly due to not ever hearing of the company. My bamboo charger came quickly and is of excellent quality, it works through my cover-up Samsung S6 charger (which as a plate of wood in it also...I guess I like wood oo-er.) The usb cable was also wood coloured, which was a very nice touch. The charger itself looks beautiful nestled on my bedside table. Will probably buy another.

Would highly recommend. Will update if that changes.

Remington MB320C Barba Beard Trimmer
Remington MB320C Barba Beard Trimmer

1.0 out of 5 stars Battery dies after a few months, 23 Oct. 2015
Awful battery life. Had 3 of them and all have suffered from almost dead batteries. Rubbish.

What We Did On Our Holiday [DVD]
What We Did On Our Holiday [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rosamund Pike

2.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 17 Sept. 2015
Awful, couldn't get through it. Wooden acting, rubbish script. Expected better from the big yin

Extra Long 2 Meter Micro USB To USB Cable (Pack Of 5) (BOS-27U) Braided Tangle Free [Type-B] [Micro USB Cable] Free 30 Days Money Back Guarantee [18 Months Warranty]

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 1 July 2015
6 months later and all cables have now stopped working, shame.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2015 4:47 AM BST

Champions
Champions

5.0 out of 5 stars Proper proper good, 13 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Champions (Audio CD)
Math rock? I would say ok, it is, but not really. It has odd time signatures in that they deviate from your standard 4's and 2's but many of them do actual add up to 8 beats in a bar, they just get there differently.

It's not needlessly complicated either, they've carved out a genre all their own, matched only by bands like Meet Me in St Louis, Oceansize and Amplifier. Energetic, gritty (in places) and an absolute drummers delight!

I had never heard of these chaps before I bought this album, and I'm so glad I did. It very quickly became one of my top 10 albums ever, I listen to them daily. It's a proper shame we'll see nothing more of them. I suppose it makes this album even more special.

GreatShield Guardian S Series Slim-Fit S-Line Design TPU Case for HTC One (2013 Model) / HTC M7 (Red)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cover, 4 Aug. 2014
Great cover, fits well looks great and really awesome price. There's a slight shift where the power button and charge socket are, but it's really not noticeable with daily use. Would be spot on perfect if it included screen protectors too, but for the price you really can't complain.

Racecar Is Racecar Backwards
Racecar Is Racecar Backwards

5.0 out of 5 stars Romper Stomper, 31 July 2014
From start to finish this album represent the best that alternative has to offer. It makes me incredibly sad that they will not release any more material. Jamie Lenmans gravelly voice and the pure brilliance of the rhythm section gives me blisters every single time I play along to this album (drums). It's an absolute romper stomper.

JVC HAFX1X Xtreme Xplosives In Ear Canal Headphones
JVC HAFX1X Xtreme Xplosives In Ear Canal Headphones

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe the Hype, 14 Nov. 2013
These headphone are tinny sounding.

The bass is certainly impressive, the 10mm driver definitely does it's job, but alllll other frequencies suffer as a result. Listening to the pristine production quality of 3 of my favourite albums on these headphones - Porcupine Tree (In Absentia), Karnivool (Sound Awake) and Tool (Laturalus) - was a highly disappointing experience. I had to crank up the high treble frequencies just to get the sound anywhere near to what the albums actually sound like, and even then the sound was hollow. The bass is just too omnipresent.

I'm not an audiophile by any standard, but I do love music and what my music collection to sound as it actually does. Android's PowerAmp is a great music player, but these headphones are just too extreme.

They look awesome though. Love the red cable, and they look durable...not counting the huge buds and incredibly plasticy plastic they've used for them.

...Check out Soundmagic's PL30's, which I had for a year. They were amazing.

SoundMAGIC PL30 Earphones - Black

Big Swing Face
Big Swing Face

5.0 out of 5 stars Buddyful, 10 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Big Swing Face (Audio CD)
I was bought this album in an old Cd/Dvd shop down a fashionable Glasgow West end alleyway, on one of my first trips to the city. The whole experience of finding such a gem in amongst so much clutter shouldn't really add to my high opinion of this record, but I'm a romantic. So it does.

But looking at the album purely for what it is.

Astounding. If only modern day musicians took such pride in their work. I speak generally of the mainstream charts of course and I'm in band myself. But just how tight these guys were back then boggles the mind. This is a live recording yet the clapping and cheers from the audience may aswell be canned and added post-recording cos the mix is perfect. The setlist is fantastic, and you really feel like you're being allowed a gimplse into one of the most spectacular music events ever. Its makes me want to smoke a cigerette and drink a JD. On the rocks. of course.

Buddy Rich was such a born leader, that when he sat at the kit the big band could do nothing except wait for Mr Rich to lead the way. Pounding jazz beats, cutting pronounced snare hits, amazingly fast playing, smooth and loud yet delicate and most of all Big and Brash! This album stirred something primeval in me and as a first venture into the rich world of Jazz is loaded with energetic and swinging songs, which as a drummer I adore. But as a music lover I list as one of my top 10 albums ever.

I also Recommned "Mercy, Mercy" but for the beginner, start here and hold onto your 1940's tophat

Tissot Gents Watch PRC 200 Chronograph Quartz T17152652
Tissot Gents Watch PRC 200 Chronograph Quartz T17152652

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and classy, 27 April 2010
After scoping the market and sighing at the price of every swiss quartz I came across. I happened upon Tissot. And then i decided on this watch as a engagement present. It really is lovely, and comes in a sturdy and expensive looking case.

But who are Tissot. why hadn't i heard about them? And in a makret where there are sooo many fakes surely i should stay away from a no-namer? Well Tissot have been around for *looks at watch face* a long time. Since 1853. And you'll find if you look on watch websites that Tissot sits quite merrily along side Tag Heuer and Omega. Well Not as high as Omega, but close enough!

I hearitly recommend this watch. Its very classy looking and whatsmore literally goes with ever possible outfit. Making the man look just that little sharper.

About the the harsh crit about the strap...Ignore it. If you have more than 3 braincells you'll suss it out. Althought it is quite narrow for a mans watch, So it might be worth looking around to buy a slightly manlier one in the future (made from from the hides of innocent woodland creatures or with fire stripes on it perhaps!;)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3