ARRAY(0x9fe6ed5c)

Profile for Steve > Reviews

Content by Steve

Steve

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Iron Sky: Dictator's Cut - Limited Edition Embossed Steelbook [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Julia Dietze

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Quality Embossed Steelbook, 25 Feb 2014
UK - Iron Sky Dictators Cut
Another Good quality black matte finish (non streaky). Heavy embossed title (you can feel the embossing on this) in a spot gloss finish. Very nice.
I'll add, the finish on this steel is amazingly good. The paint job has a sheen to it. There's no streaks at all, not a one. It doesn't feel like a matte varnish, it feels like some gloss is on it, but it's not glossy, except for the title.

A very very nice effort from 4 digital media.

HIGH SLEEPER CALDER HIGH BED M227
HIGH SLEEPER CALDER HIGH BED M227
Offered by mrsflatpack

3.0 out of 5 stars Calder High Sleeper Cabin Bed from Mrs Flatpack, 27 Aug 2013
This review is from: HIGH SLEEPER CALDER HIGH BED M227
The bed still hasn't turned up yet but I only ordered it on 20 August, today is the 27 August ans took the advice of others and ordered directly. Be very careful using their site. I had 2 fraudulent purchases on my credit card, very shortly after purchasing the bed. I noticed after that they don't have the secure padlock on the site plus when I paid, I didn't get my secure 3D Visa secure box come up as normal. It appears vendors have to opt into this. I would suggest that you use Paypal on their site as it's very secure. I don't have 100% proof the fraud was due to their site but it happened very shortly after. Just be cautious I guess.

Quies Boules Natural Wax Earplugs 8 Pairs of Earplugs
Quies Boules Natural Wax Earplugs 8 Pairs of Earplugs

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't stop much noise at all, 22 Aug 2013
They were for my wife. She could still still hear the clock ticking. I didn't believe her, so I tried them also and found they didn't stop much noise at all. I guess they may have been more effective if we had put them deeper into our ears but we both didn't fancy doing that. Hence, I am still in the other bedroom!

Flapper ( Red ) - Adult Fancy Dress Costume
Flapper ( Red ) - Adult Fancy Dress Costume
Offered by Character Fancy Dress

2.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE SIZING HERE!, 21 Jun 2013
The sizing by numbers, eg 12/14 I ordered fro my wife, does not correspond to what the traders have on their Amazon page and on their system. We received a size 16/18 as large from one company and then was told to to order medium and a 10/12 arrived today ( called medium) Bearing in mind I wrote to check the actual size by numbers each time before ordering and they all got it wrong, I would suggest ordering at least two sizes and return the one that isn't right. Good luck as even Amazon couldn't help me when I involved them. This is my first EVER problem with Amazon by the way who are normally great.
email from the actual supplier to them all below:
__________________________________________________

We have changed our sizes this year. A medium was a size 10-12 & a large was a size 12-14 but now the sizes have changed a medium is a size 12-14 & a large is a size 16-18.
So depending on what stock they have (original sizing or new sizing) this could be the reason for the confusion.

Account Manager
Fun Shack (UK) Ltd

Hick [DVD]
Hick [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chloe Moretz
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars The 'critics' weren't keen, but a very good film!, 13 May 2013
This review is from: Hick [DVD] (DVD)
From Amazon.com. I went into this movie thinking it was going to be total garbage, based on the reviews by critics. Wow, was I surprised. Did the critics see the same film I saw? Not only is this film not garbage, but I really liked it! The acting is very good, especially the scene stealing Eddie Redmayne. Chloe was born to play Luli and Blake Lively even shows some acting chops as Glenda. Don't get me wrong, this is not a perfect film, it has it's pacing and plot hole problems and had I not read the book, I might even have been lost in a spot or two. It's definitely not a film for everyone based on the dark subject matter, but if you're looking for something good that is away from the mainstream dreck that Hollywood pumps out on a daily basis, then check this one out. This film is based on the excellent book by Andrea Portes and she even pens the screenplay. A pretty decent job for a first-time screenwriter. I suggest reading the book before seeing the movie.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 7, 2014 10:24 PM GMT

The Numbers Station [DVD]
The Numbers Station [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Cusack
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great thriller carried by two major stars, 13 May 2013
This review is from: The Numbers Station [DVD] (DVD)
Purchased US blu-ray. "The Numbers Station" brings the story of Emerson (played by John Cusack), a CIA operative in the field. As the movie opens, we see Emerson involved in an assassination of several targets but it all goes horribly wrong when the daughter of one of the targets comes onto the scene. Unable to "retire" her, Emerson's boss Gray (played by Liam Cunningham, great actor) does so instead, but he promptly demotes Emerson away from the field. Next we see that Emerson has been assigned to guard the broadcaster, a woman named Katherine (played by Malin Akerman), of a "numbers station" in the country side near Suffolk. As the movie explains, a numbers station broadcasts (in short wave) secret messages in numbers to agents in the field, giving them new assignments. Not long after, the numbers station is attacked and infiltrated, and all kinds of trouble and mayham ensues. Why is the numbers station being attacked? Will Emerson and Katherine make it out alive? Is there double-play at hand anywhere? To tell you more of this plot-heavy movie would surely ruin your viewing experience, you'll just have to see for yourself how it all plays out.

First and foremost, John Cusack! Yes, Cusack is front and center in this movie, he is in fact in every scene and in virually every shot. Aging gracefully, Cusack carries the movie from start to finish, and for me he is reason enough to watch and enjoy this movie. But Malin Åkerman as the person Cusack needs to protect is equally delightful, oozing charm (and, let's be honest, looks as well). She is playing the role of Debbie Harry in the upcoming movie "CBGB" later this year, can't wait for that.

"The Numbers Station" is a pleasant thriller that is worth it mostly for the solid performances of John Cusack and Malin Akerman.

LeapFrog Leapster Game: Dora the Explorer Wildlife Rescue
LeapFrog Leapster Game: Dora the Explorer Wildlife Rescue

1.0 out of 5 stars Leapfrog, Leapster , all by Leapfrog, so very confusing...., 26 Dec 2012
if you are a grandad like me that knows little about all the new kid's toys and buys a whole load of new Leapfrog product and a Leapfrog pad 2. Then when opening at Xmas, find that that the LeapFrog Leapster2 Dora the Explorer Game doesn't work on a Leappad 2 tablet. I can now see how even how all the words and numbers are similar but then I had never heard of a Leapfrog yet a Leapster until my daughter asked me to buy it for Xmas. As I bought it at the end of October, I can't even swap it, so one for the dustbin!!

Talking Friends Talking Tom Animated Plush Toy with Talkback
Talking Friends Talking Tom Animated Plush Toy with Talkback
Offered by Beau Perry

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware, does not have the 14 sounds as advertsised, 26 Dec 2012
The description states that the Talking Tom responds to 14 actions when touching it. It doesn't do an but does repeat what you say, which is great but not having the 14 actions is disappointing as my grandson expected it.

American High School [DVD]
American High School [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jillian Murray
Offered by skyvo-direct

4.0 out of 5 stars US Version, 3 Aug 2012
This review is from: American High School [DVD] (DVD)
That review is for the US release. Will not play on most machines in UK. Order this PAL version when the UK releases in September. It's a pretty good comedy if you have a good sense of humour!

Mad Dog Morgan (Special Fully Restored Edition) [DVD]
Mad Dog Morgan (Special Fully Restored Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dennis Hopper

4.0 out of 5 stars Watch out for incorrect reviews, 8 Mar 2012
That have been pulled across from other versions previously. This is the fully restored version from Australia with all the extras.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3