Profile for Melissa > Reviews

Melissa

The Sims 3
The Sims 3
Offered by EUROGAMES

1.0 out of 5 stars And Award for the Buggiest Game in the World Goes to..., 4 Dec. 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Sims 3 (DVD-ROM)
I have been playing Sims since it first came out and yes it has always had it's issues, normally EA send it out without fully beta testing it as much as they should since they want to hurry up and get the money in their pockets like hungry wolves. Well I'm tired of being an innocent sheep. The Sims 3 sucks. Not only is it FULL of problems but EA are fully aware of a large majority of these problems and rather than fix them leave it to their (frankly, amazing and incredibly helpful) computer tech-wise fans to sort it out for everyone else. The premise of the game is built of simulation with the open world and vast possibilities, also surrounding the legacy idea for which is heavily featured in most player's minds when setting out to play a new family it is practically impossible. After the second generation (if you're lucky enough for it not to bug out in the first gen) of sims in your family you will start to experience the world that is sims modding (mods) as you hold you breath and cross your fingers that somewhere on this vast internet you will find the non-EA related fixes people have come up with for your never ending problems.

In conclusion, if you like spending most of your time fixing problems and staring at loading screens then this is the game for you. Just make sure you have a couple of spare keyboards lying about as you are most likely to break a few smashing your head on them in frustration.

The last EA game I will ever buy.

And with that I wish you adieu.

Zombie Apocalypse! Fightback (Mammoth Books)
Zombie Apocalypse! Fightback (Mammoth Books)
by Stephen Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Compelling, Horrific, 19 Nov. 2012
For anyone who has already read Max Brook's World War Z or Zombie Survival Guide (or for anyone who has an almost unhealthy infatuation with zombies, like myself) then you will love this book. Originally when I bought this in WHSmith (double the price, amazon is a much better deal by far) and flicked through the pages I was immediately intrigued by the format of the book, since rather than page after page of standard text the narrative is told through personal accounts, from old fashioned letters to more modern social networking mediums. I was a bit unsure on whether I'd enjoy this new way of reading, but it was brilliant. I found myself looking back at different accounts and tried weaving the story together myself and ahead of the book, which meant I couldn't put it down as I was eager to find out if my suspicions were correct. Little things are added to each account and for those who enjoy mystery solving it is also a great read as, personally, I found there was this exact added element. Over all brilliant book, highly recommended. I've even bought it for a friend's christmas present!

The Timeless Swing: Learn at Any Age from His Lessons of a Lifetime
The Timeless Swing: Learn at Any Age from His Lessons of a Lifetime
by Tom Watson

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable and informative, 14 April 2012
This was bought for my Father as a gift. He is a semi-professional golfer and even though after many years of playing the sport he still learned many new techniques and tips that have helped him improve his game. Definitely recommend it for any golfers out there, whether you're new or old to the sport there is a lot you can learn from it.

Enemy of God: A Novel of Arthur (A Novel of Arthur: The Warlord Chronicles)
Enemy of God: A Novel of Arthur (A Novel of Arthur: The Warlord Chronicles)
by Bernard Cornwell
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Read but bad quality book, 14 April 2012
This was a very excellent read, really enjoyed it after reading the first in the series. The only problem that I had was the quality of the book. The back was very sticky after removing a sticker and the pages were creased. I guess for the price I didn't expect a lot since it was quite cheap but still I think that it should be marked down as 'very worn'. If this being bought for you then I'd say buy it since it is cheap and a brilliant read but if it is for a gift, don't be fooled into thinking it will be of a good quality.

A Geisha's Journey: My Life As a Kyoto Apprentice
A Geisha's Journey: My Life As a Kyoto Apprentice
by Komomo

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book, 14 April 2012
I'm a documentary photography student and was studying up on other photographers, I have always had a keen interest in Japanese culture and was delighted to find this book online. I can not rate it more, beautiful quality book and stunning images. Also a very interesting read for anyone interested in the Geisha Community or Japanese culture. Highly recommend this book.

Anker® New Laptop Battery for HP Compaq Presario CQ40 CQ41 CQ45 CQ50 CQ60 CQ61 CQ70 CQ71 G50 G60 G61 G70 G71 and HP Pavilion DV4 DV5 DV6 Series - 18 Months Warranty [Li-ion 6-cell 4400mAh/48WH]

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 14 April 2012
I was happy with this product as I had previously bought a laptop battery from an ebay seller only to have it not fit my laptop meaning I had to send it back. This was £10 more than on ebay but after having the battery for a month I can say it is very good quality and I am happy to have paid the extra cost as it is stil cheaper than some other laptop batteries of the same model.