Profile for Alice In Wonderland > Reviews

Content by Alice In Wonde...

Alice In Wonderland

Page: 1 | 2
Buckbeak's Flight
Buckbeak's Flight

5.0 out of 5 stars A great soundtrack that's full of amazing themes, 14 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Buckbeak's Flight (MP3 Download)
This was the first of the Harry Potter soundtracks that I owned and it still has to be one of my favourites! "Buckbeak's Flight" was the track that lead me to purchasing the album and since listening to it, I've also fallen in love with the tracks "A Window to the Past", "Aunt Marge's Waltz" and "Quidditch Third Year". In addition the final track is basically a medley of the main themes (most of which I love). Overall a great soundtrack and a good job done by John Williams!

Harry Potter - The Deathly Hallows Part Ii
Harry Potter - The Deathly Hallows Part Ii
Offered by hifi-media-store

5.0 out of 5 stars Alexandre Desplat keeps up the good work, 14 Jun. 2015
I'd first heard the works of Alexandre Desplat when I bought the soundtrack to Twilight: New Moon so was quite interested in his music for the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows films. Despite not being overly fussed on the music from the Deathly Hallows part 1, I love this film's scoring. There is a good mix of fast paced tracks and slower, more emotional songs. I originally bought this soundtrack because I was starting to collect the soundtracks and I liked the songs "Statues" and "Courtyard Apocalypse". After listening to the soundtrack, I've found that "Lily's theme", "Resurrection Stone", "Severus and Lily" and "A New Beginning" are great songs too! Granted there are a couple of tracks I'm not so keen on but that's always the way with albums and music in general!
Overall, Alexandre Desplat has done a marvellous job and I hope he continues to produce such great music.

Along The Road
Along The Road

5.0 out of 5 stars Catchy, upbeat...what more can you want?!?!?!, 14 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Along The Road (MP3 Download)
I first heard Karmin a few months before their album Hello was made and I loved their style, their music and them! Then Pulses was made and I must confess that I didn't enjoy their sound as much, however I still checked their youtube channel and their facebook in case they released any songs that I like. That paid off in the shape of Along the Road. I LOVE this single as it's catchy, upbeat and basically says that things in life happen and we've just got to see what happens along the road. Much better sound and I'm glad that finally we've got back some of the old Karmin sound :)

Stay with Me
Stay with Me

5.0 out of 5 stars This track will definately stay with me, 14 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Stay with Me (MP3 Download)
I confess to not being a huge fan of Christina Grimmie's previous single Cliché but this song just had me hooked from the start. This song is great for those who loved some of Skrillex's early stuff and is best listened to loud with good bass speakers! Fingers crossed for more good music :D

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones [DVD]
The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lily Collins
Offered by MusicnMedia

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the book, 14 Aug. 2014
The Mortal Instruments is about Clary Fray, a teenage girl from New York who thought she was normal. Suddenly, her world is turned upside down and her mum disappears, leaving her seeking help from the Shadowhunters and learning about the Downworld.
Having already read the books, I love this series and was eagerly anticipating the film. To be honest, although I liked the film, I thought it could be much better...especially if they stuck to the book in some parts. I understand why they changed some parts of the plot but I thought that in doing so, the creators made the film seem a tad confusing, they revealed a MAJOR plot twist/detail and made me wonder how they'll make a sequel (given the fact that *SPOILER* Clary managed to keep the cup from Valentine!). I still think this film is good but it isn't a good adaptation from the book!

Broken: Number 6 in series (Otherworld)
Broken: Number 6 in series (Otherworld)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good book!, 14 Aug. 2014
Of all the Otherworld characters, I rather love reading Elena and Clay's stories. In this book Elena is asked to steal a letter and ends up letting Jack the Ripper loose in the streets of Toronto...oh and she's pregnant!
This book keeps you in suspense until all is revealed. Characters from the previous books appear as well, which helps build up the supernatural world. As the book is from Elena's point of view, you really get a sense of motherly protection towards her unborn child and her annoyance at Jeremy and Clay for being over cautious.
Admittedly, some parts were obvious to me and that left me shouting at their stupidity for not seeing this, but it didn't ruin the book for me!
Another great edition to this series.

Personal Demon: Number 8 in series (Otherworld)
Personal Demon: Number 8 in series (Otherworld)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best Otherworld book..., 14 Aug. 2014
Personal Demon is my least favourite book of this series so far! It has a good plot and interesting characters but after a while I started getting bored and ended up plodding along until the end. It's worth a read as it helps the next book make sense (obviously as it is practically in the middle of the series!). The plot was clever and kept you in suspense but I found some parts a bit repetitive.
This book is not only told from Hope's point of view, but also includes Lucas' point of view, which I didn't like as it made Personal Demon feel more like another Lucas-and-Paige story rather than Hope and Karl's (not that I don't like Lucas and Paige but I felt as if they were intruding on Hope's story!)
Overall, I would encourage people to read this book as it needs to be read to help with the rest of the series make sense, but it isn't the best.

Living With The Dead: Number 9 in series (Otherworld)
Living With The Dead: Number 9 in series (Otherworld)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving Living with the Dead!, 14 Aug. 2014
Living with the Dead is about Robyn, who's a human thrust into the supernatural world. Personally, I loved this book as it had an interesting plot, great characters and some humour.

Kelley Armstrong keeps up the good work continuing the stories of characters old and new. She keeps you reading on by feeding you major details little by little, thus keeping you in suspense until the big reveal at the end. I found the "villain" rather sly and conniving, which left me loving her badass qualities! More over, I thought it was interesting seeing the supernatural world from the point of view of those without any knowledge of the supernatural world and also from someone with powers who has no clue of the supernatural world.

Although, not the best book in the series, I thought it was much better than Personal Demon (book 8) and has rekindled my love for the Otherworld. Definitely another great instalment in this series!

Peter Pan
Peter Pan

5.0 out of 5 stars This soundtrack will have you Hook-ed, 11 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Peter Pan (MP3 Download)
This soundtrack has beautiful tracks and themes such as "Fairy Dance" and "Peter Returns" as well as the more action-packed tracks such as "Fetch Long Tom". A great soundtrack to listen to!

Everything Is Awesome!!! (Feat. The Lonely Island)
Everything Is Awesome!!! (Feat. The Lonely Island)

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything is awesome, 11 Aug. 2014
Everything is awesome...the title gives away what I think of this song!

Page: 1 | 2