Profile for Loobie Loo > Reviews

Baby Alive Diapers Accessory Pack
Offered by Niche Gift Shop
Price: 4.75

3.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, 31 Dec 2009
Pack of six very expensive nappies for Baby Alive. Don't last anytime at all with the amount of peeing she does! Pricewise you would be cheaper buying a pack of Pampers or Huggies newborns as you would get more nappies for your money.

Baby Alive Learns to Potty Doll
Baby Alive Learns to Potty Doll

5.0 out of 5 stars A much loved dolly, 31 Dec 2009
I am rating this doll 5 stars as my daughter received it for Xmas and she loves it. I have to say though that we did not pay the full price (it had a massive discount) and would consider the price we paid an acceptable one. She is a pretty little doll who comes with clothes, a potty, bottle, bowl, spoon, food, juice, wipes and 2 nappies. She says many phrases including "Hello Mommy", "Feed me please" and "Change me please" when you press the little star on her bracelet. She also sucks her dummy, goes to sleep and pees and poos. Lovely! She is a nice size and not too heavy for toddlers to lift. I would however say that the food is disgusting and we stopped feeding her pretty quickly and only let her drink plain water occasionally, mainly because the nappies last no time and the ones for her are extortionate (see my other review). She also only comes with 2 sachets of food and juice so they run out very quickly anyway. Not having the food in no way detracts from the play value of the doll and my daughter adores her. You can also buy extra outfits for her as well but these can be overpriced so shop around.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful, portable and sturdy., 17 Dec 2009
I bought one of these bags for carrying shopping on holiday and I wont go anywhere without it. It is fantastic. Made of hardwearing, washable, lightweight nylon it can carry up to 44lbs in weight. It handily rolls up and is secured by two little straps with poppers attached. It can then be placed in a handbag without all your worldly goods getting tangled up in it. The handle is also long enough to put over your shoulder for more heavy loads. I use mine for shopping, putting the kids swimming stuff in and carrying all sorts of other bits and pieces. They are available in a myriad of colours and designs (including ones to suit children) and can also be bought in sets of 5 coordinating bags. Have bought lots to put in with Xmas presents after giving one to my sister who raved about how useful it was.

The Greatest Day - Take That Present The Circus Live
The Greatest Day - Take That Present The Circus Live
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 10 Dec 2009
Ordered this from Amazon last week as a gift for my sister's Xmas. She saw the Circus concert at Glasgow and raved about it. When it arrived I decided to try it, put it on and Wow! Within the first few bars of Greatest Day I knew the CD was not leaving my house! As a previous reviewer said it gives you goosebumps. Gary Barlow's voice is amazing. A must for all lovers of the band. I couldn't go to the concert and the live atmosphere of the CD is excellent. If you are in looking for a more relaxing listen then the Abbey Road recordings are great too. Just ordered a second copy for my sister!!!!!

Dear Father Christmas
Dear Father Christmas
by Alan Durant

5.0 out of 5 stars A Christmas favourite for years to come., 3 Dec 2009
This review is from: Dear Father Christmas (Hardcover)
This is a lovely book with gorgeous illustrations which my children have loved having read to them regardless of the time of year. It starts with Holly and her little brother Billy preparing for Christmas and Holly deliberating on what present she would like. She writes a series of letters to Santa and receives replies in the form of little envelope encased letters which are attached to the book pages. Along with these letters are little gifts in the form of a mini advent calender, a Christmas decoration and a card of reindeer jokes. There are others as well.

You eventually find out what Holly asks for in the last few pages along with a special gift in the last envelope.

A charming book. I would also recommend the sequel 'Dear Father Christmas Get Well Soon'. Another reviewer complained about the size of the letters in the first book but the second is bigger and the envelopes less fiddly.

Kideco Cardboard Rocket Toy Playhouse (White)
Kideco Cardboard Rocket Toy Playhouse (White)
Offered by 3WM Ltd
Price: 34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Value, 23 Nov 2009
My little boy is rocket mad and I searched high and low for something for his fifth birthday. He constantly tries to construct rockets out of bits of cardboard and when I came across this I knew I had struck gold. The rocket comes flat packed from Kideco and although I ordered with standard delivery it arrived the morning after I placed my order. It can be ordered in ordinary brown cardboard or white, or if you want to pay more, in pink, blue or silver from their website. We ordered white so that he could paint it. It stands about 5 feet tall and 3 feet wide and there is plenty of room to sit inside. It has two entry doors and plenty of windows as well. It is very easy to build with simple instructions and if you want can be dismantled and stored behind a wardrobe or suchlike when not being played with. Obviously it is an indoor toy given its material however could be used outside on a warm dry summers day. The only downside is my son loves it so much it is crammed into a corner of his bedroom as he does not want to take it down.

Kideco also sell other cardboard play houses, eg. castles, forts, igloos and many more. Cannot recommend highly enough.

The Sea of Tranquility
The Sea of Tranquility
by Mark Haddon
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful illustrations and so apt., 21 Nov 2009
This review is from: The Sea of Tranquility (Paperback)
I bought this book for my little boys Christmas. I have always had a strong fascination for the moon landings. I think this has something to do with being born on 20 July 1969. My 5 year old has inherited a fascination too. When I opened the book I was struck by how apt the first two pages are. My own son has a model of the solar system in his bedroom and also watches the stars with his cuddly rabbit. As I read on I was moved by the beautiful illustrations and gentle story telling. It is just right for him and aimed perfectly at his age group. Wonderful.

Wammy 100 Piece Set
Wammy 100 Piece Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive and not just for kids!!!!!, 15 Nov 2009
This review is from: Wammy 100 Piece Set (Toy)
My daughter got a pack of 6 of these little bits of plastic in a magazine she purchased. At first I thought what on earth do you do with these? They turned out to be very addictive and relaxing to use. Basically these are little pliable bits of flat plastic with holes and pegs in the corners which can be twisted and clipped onto each other to build all sorts of interesting shapes and sculptures. They are thoroughly addictive. Even with only 6 pieces she played for hours and could make a bracelet. As a result I have ordered a box of 100 for her Christmas. To be honest I think its more for me than her, and know what I will be playing with after consuming my turkey!!!! The pieces are produced in pastel colours(white, pale yellow, pale pink, pale blue and pale green) so are obviously aimed at girls however if these were produced in primary colours would be great for boys too. All sorts of items be built and the only thing needed is your imagination.

Can be purchased in boxes of 18, 100 or 200. Something a bit different from the usual Lego or Meccano.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely little pushchair, 12 Nov 2009
I bought this for my 8 year old daughter. It was the only pushchair I could find with an 80cm handle height as most were too short for her. I am pleasantly surprised with the sturdy good quality and construction. The colours are nice too. It comes with an attached shopping basket and also has a footmuff as well. The only drawback is that it is quite stiff to open and close so an adult would have to do this until it loosens up but otherwise a nice little pushchair. It was also delivered very quickly by Ramsdens.

George's Secret Key to the Universe
George's Secret Key to the Universe
by Stephen Hawking
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Out of This World!!, 23 Sep 2009
Bought this for my little boy who is four and a half. What a great book for any space mad child....and their mum!!! A great story, George lives with his mum and dad and pet pig next to an overgrown house with a secret. The book drew both myself and my son in and held us. An exciting story which would suit children of either gender having both strong male and female characters. Exciting descriptions of space travel, simplified enough for younger readers or in my sons case, listeners. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it to him.

Also has some fabulous colour pictures to look at and diagrams which older kids would appreciate.

Can't wait for the next one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6