Profile for Hägglund Jens > Reviews

Content by Hägglund Jens

Hägglund Jens "Sound engineer" (Sweden)

Love And Dancing
Love And Dancing

5.0 out of 5 stars Rare masterpiece by Human League, 9 May 2010
This review is from: Love And Dancing (Audio CD)
Love and Dancing is a remix album of Human Leagues classic electronic pop album "Dare". It is an outstanding achievement by their producer Martin Rushent to make such great remixes of these songs. Although this album was made in the early eighties, it still sounds very current and fresh to my ears, it was way ahead of its time doing extended mainly instrumental remixes of short pop songs. Big credit to Martin Rushent for his ability to create these sounds with the basic and rudimentary equipment available at the time. I highly recommend this album to anyone who likes electronic music.

Reproduction
Reproduction

3.0 out of 5 stars Early electronic pop album, 9 May 2010
This review is from: Reproduction (Audio CD)
Reproduction was an early example of electronic pop from Human League, although its not as solid as their later album "Dare", it is still worth a listen, especially if you are interested in the history of electronic music. However, the track "Being Boiled" is just outstanding.

Multi-Track Recording: A Technical & Creative Guide for the Musician & Home Recorder (Keyboard Magazine Basic Library)
by Dominic Milano

5.0 out of 5 stars Great classic for music producers!, 3 Jun 2009
I got this book way back in time, nearly 20 years ago now, it was lost and I now got myself a new copy on Amazon! This is a timeless classic for anyone who is producing music, it gives you a nice overview of the process of recording, mixing and producing music. Its age is only an advantage in this case, since it is written in an era when people produced music with real hardware, not on computer screens. So it makes you understand why things are done in a certain way, therefore it would be a fascinating read, especially for those brought up with the computer as their only music making tool. Highly recommended!

Multi-Track Recording for Musicians (Keyboard Magazine Library for Electronic Musicians)
by Brent Hurtig

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless classic for sound engineers!, 3 Jun 2009
I got this book in 1990 if I recall correctly, when I was a fresh student of sound engineering, but eventually it got lost and I came across it again on Amazon. I immediately bought it again as it had served me so well back in the days. It basically got me through my first year in sound engineering, since it covers all the basics of recording and mixing in a very comprehensive yet easy to follow manner. The book manages to balance practical hands-on advice with theory in an unbeatable way, the layout feels very airy and there are plenty of diagrams and photos to illustrate the text. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to learn about sound engineering, especially to all of you out there who has only used computers to record with, this book will show you why you do what you do, since it talks about the hardware that the computer emulates in software.

Play Rock Keyboards
Play Rock Keyboards
by Dewi Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars Play Rock Keyboards is a classic!, 3 Jun 2009
This review is from: Play Rock Keyboards (Paperback)
I originally bought this book back in the early 90s and it got lost at some point. But I recently remembered how great it was, so I went and found it again here on Amazon. It must be one of the most straight forward and easy to follow keyboard instruction books I have come across, yet it covers all you need to know to get started. The layout is also very good, easy on the eye. The only thing that feels a bit dated is the artist and buying advice sections, but now with the recent 80s revival even those parts feel cool. I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to get started with playing keyboards, it is a timeless classic!
Comment Comment | Permalink