Profile for G. Langridge > Reviews

Content by G. Langridge

G. Langridge "monztaman" (Somerset, UK)

Karabar Maximum Cabin Allowance Backpack 55 x 40 x 20 cm, 44 Litre, 0.7 kg, 3 Years Warranty

3.0 out of 5 stars Bag is very roomy with plenty of storage space for ..., 14 Aug. 2014
Bag is very roomy with plenty of storage space for all manner of items. Plenty of space for everything needed for a long flight ... laptop, tablet, change of clothes etc. Not the sturdiest of material though, mine began ripping around the front pocket within hours.

[Rec] Genesis [DVD]
[Rec] Genesis [DVD]
Dvd ~ Leticia Dolera
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 14 April 2014
This review is from: [Rec] Genesis [DVD] (DVD)
After the magic of the first two such a shame to turn out this ridiculous Hollywood-esque pap. How to kill a franchise stone dead in one easy step.

The Dark Knight Rises [2012] [Region Free]
The Dark Knight Rises [2012] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Christian Bale

5.0 out of 5 stars Out on a high!, 14 April 2014
I know I'm swimming against the popular belief but TDKR for me is the best of the trilogy. Both the others movies were superb ... I thought that TDK would never be bettered but I was delighted to be proven wrong.

The story grips throughout, the acting is top notch, the effects superb and the whole trilogy is very neatly tied up and finished.

Five stars to Chris Nolan for direction, Tom Hardy for a villain equal to Ledger's Joker a to Sir Michael Caine for bring both smiles to my face and tears to my eyes in equal measure.

I wish there was a fourth installment but if you're going to end then this is how you do it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 1, 2014 12:15 AM BST

Patient Zero (Joe Ledger Book 1)
Patient Zero (Joe Ledger Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Yet!, 14 April 2014
This is the fifth book I've read by Jonathan Maberry and it's the best yet. The others were also excellent but this one wins out because of it's pacing.

I love rollercoaster paced novels where you barely have a moment to catch your breath and Patient Zero serves that up in spades.

The characters are very well drawn and the 'good guys', though imperfect in many respects are very likeable nonetheless. You find yourself involved in their fight and batting for them, willing them to win. Even the bad guys are a joy ... once you've worked out who the bad guys actually are. There's good guys, bad guys, good guys who are actually bad guys, bad guys that become partially good guys and others you just can't make your mind up about.

As a Brit I enjoyed having a British element in this book and Jonathan Maberry has written his British characters well. He understands the subtler elements of a British character and hasn't gone down the traditional American interpretation of how Brits speak, think and act. I give his five stars just for that attention to detail alone.

He's an excellent author, he spins a very good yarn, keeps you on your toes throughout and throws in lashings and lashings of very nasty zombies to boot. What more could you ask for?

Astonish C1606 750ml Engine Degreaser
Astonish C1606 750ml Engine Degreaser
Offered by UK Business Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of bang for the buck, 5 Mar. 2013
I've given this a 5-star rating because one bottle at the cost of £1.68 has thoroughly cleaned 3 engines to a very high level.

I usually use Gunk and have done for years but at about £5.50 for 1 litre this Astonish is much better value at just over £2 per litre.

I work in the car trade so clean more then my fair share of engines and the Astonish matches the Gunk in every respect when it comes to cleaning performance. The Astonish also doesn't have that awful lingering smell that the Gunk has and leaves no residue on the surfaces cleaned.

All in all, the Astonish is battling well above its weight and I was so impressed with my fist bottle that I immediately bought another four. I've also bought a bottle of the glass cleaner as well to see how that compares with my usual products.

A great product that's a pleasure to use ... I was very pleasantly surprised.

My advice ... buy some. It's only £1.68 ... try it on your car, your cooker or your roasting tins!

Raoul and the Kings of Spain
Raoul and the Kings of Spain

5.0 out of 5 stars It took a while but I love it, 2 Jun. 2004
I bought this album when it first hit the shops back in '95. I listened to it once, was disappointed and put it away for another day. That day arrived last week nearly nine years on whilst sorting through some old boxes of CDs. I put this disc into my player and hit the play button and was shocked to hear an astoundingly wonderful collection of quality music. Why I struggled with it nine years ago but not now is a mystery to me. Perhaps a little maturity, responsibility marriage and childen has changed me? Who knows? All I know is that RATKOS is, like 'Tomcats Screaming Outside', a superb piece of musical work. Both take some getting used to but then pay back the patient listener in spades. 'Me and my Big Ideas', 'Humdrum and Humble' and 'Sketches of Pain', 'God's Big Mistake' and 'I Choose You' are particularly worthy of mention.
10/10 at least.