Profile for old yorkshire man > Reviews

Content by old yorkshire man

old yorkshire man

11.22.63
11.22.63

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 8 May 2016
This review is from: 11.22.63 (Kindle Edition)
Started reading this last Aug, dipping in and out as I do. Then Fox in the UK, said they where going to show a tv cut of the book, at that time ( late March 2016, was when the warning went out) I was 75% through the book, so unlike me, I started to read more and more at breaks at work, and found, this king book was freeflowing and so easy to read. Finished it on the train going back home.
You start to care about the two main characters, and when I read, I just read the novel. So top marks Mr King you made a grown man care about something. Lol

Now the Tv show. Seen the clips and I have say from watching them I don't like where this programme is heading so will only watch the last two episodes too see how it matches up to the novel

TETRIS® Blitz
TETRIS® Blitz

1.0 out of 5 stars stopped working., 18 Jan. 2015
This review is from: TETRIS® Blitz (App)
Worked at first then stop, when I tried to restart it, it kept going back to the carousel wheel.
Not happy at all.

Greatest Hits [Explicit]
Greatest Hits [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars warning this album has uncut tracks and so some tracks have adult content, this is not an all clean album, 31 Dec. 2014
That said, As the album says greatest hit, only a couple of years back did I get this in cd and DVD formatted,
And I found that tracks I would have dismissed out of hand were better then I first thought.
Like the kids aren't`Alright.

Original prankster is unedited as is why don`t you (get a job) also pretty fly (for a white guy).

If you want a ground floor enter to the offspring this will a great place too start, also get the DVD of the greats hits, it has the above hits plus Hit That, as always there videos are fun.
In short greatest hits, hair all round.

The Who- The Greatest Hits & More (International Version (Edited))
The Who- The Greatest Hits & More (International Version (Edited))

5.0 out of 5 stars great download Album, 2 May 2014
Always liked the who`s singles over the years, as I am in my 50`s have heard them over and over, but you still sing along.
But never thought that happy jack was there`s. So a very nice surprise to hear that after 40 + years. The live stage tracks for me are a mixed bag, some just put on without an update tickle, and you can hear that the track is mono (which I don`t mind as I heard them that way) some tracks I think sound better mono and I`m not saying that about this ablum, just saying that some live track sound mono that`s all. One down side is I didn`t like pinball wizard live set, don`t know why just didn`t. I think that's the thing about tracks you like one or the other ie: studio or gig track.

Heaven Knows
Heaven Knows

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 17 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Heaven Knows (MP3 Download)
When I heard this track on Kerrang, I found myself sing along with the whole song, and stayed in front of the DAB radio until I saw that the group was the pretty reckless, so found it on Amazon and had to buy it.

If this isn't top ten I`ll want too know why not as this is a great track as well as being very catchy.

Peace
Peace

1.0 out of 5 stars Great track, 17 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Peace (MP3 Download)
Catchy, has you sing along, but I did not like the video that was released, apart from that I would say buy it.

SciFi Now (Kindle Tablet Edition)
SciFi Now (Kindle Tablet Edition)

1.0 out of 5 stars poor, 28 Sept. 2013
Found drag zoom, did not work right as it brings in the left hand page so you can`t read all the text. Also the free one. I got was for shows that have not been on in over 8 to9 months will not be buying any more.