Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Body Sculpture Body Gym Total Upper Body Workout Bar
Body Sculpture Body Gym Total Upper Body Workout Bar
Price: 12.45

4.0 out of 5 stars A caution for those with wider doors, 7 Jan 2014
Firstly I think the product is fairly well designed and made. Providing you keep the nuts tightened (not overly tightened) as suggested by another reviewer then I think it'll hold up well.

There is a slight issue for those with wider doors (32") like mine.
If you have decorative architrave then it's likely it's going to get damaged by this. There are plastic caps on the ends of the horizontal bar which will dig in to the wood when pulling down on it.
I've taken these caps out, then surrounded the ends with more foam tubing (like 22mm water pipe insulation).

Also, just below the plastic horizontal bar that hangs on the opposite side of the door tends to rub against the architrave on mine, so again I've added a little foam protection there.

Once those additions were made it's not appeared to do any more real damage and I'm very happy with it.

Sanctuary: Surviving The Zombie Apocalypse
Sanctuary: Surviving The Zombie Apocalypse
Price: 1.02

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read! Hoping for a sequel., 27 Dec 2012
Like many of the people who will probably read this book I'm a fan of post-apocalyptic / zombie novels.

What's told in this novel isn't particularly ground breaking, but it is very well written and with great character development. The interludes of stories from others is a nice touch and adds a positive element to building the picture of what's going on.
I'm really hoping for a sequel to it.

Extinction Point - Book One
Extinction Point - Book One

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for the next instalment., 23 Dec 2012
Being a fan of post-apocalyptic and sci-fi novels this one caught my attention. I 'borrowed' this on my Amazon Prime account, but would happily have bought it.
The main character is not your usual run of the mill sole survivor and so makes the story so much better than others I've read.
The 'event' that takes place (no details to avoid spoiling it) is well thought out and excellently depicted through the writer's style which I enjoyed very much.
I heartily recommend it.

Time Jump (Halcyon Gate Book 1)
Time Jump (Halcyon Gate Book 1)
Price: 1.84

5.0 out of 5 stars A great start to something I hope is continued..., 11 Dec 2012
I really enjoyed this book and looking forward to reading the next instalment.
If you like time travel sci-fi and post-apocalyptic scenarios then this will be right up your street.

Time to Run High Visibility Clip On Band With LED Strip Pack Of Two
Time to Run High Visibility Clip On Band With LED Strip Pack Of Two
Offered by Time To Run Limited
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for fixing to rucksacks etc., 8 Oct 2012
These lights are perfect for attaching to a rucksack etc.
Mine are clipped to the zips on side pockets and are flexible enough to tuck away neatly in to the pockets when not in use (still attached to the zip). They're just what I need to make me even more visible when cycling in the dark mornings / evenings.

Crucial CT128M4SSD2 128GB M4 SATA III 6Gb/s MLC 2.5 Inch Internal SSD
Crucial CT128M4SSD2 128GB M4 SATA III 6Gb/s MLC 2.5 Inch Internal SSD

5.0 out of 5 stars Best upgrade I ever bought., 15 Sep 2011
I bought a 128GB Crucial M4 to help my ailing PC stay alive that bit longer...and I'm very glad I did.

For a long while I kept hoping the desktop PC would die so my justification for buying a new machine would come around, alas it didn't. I was getting more and more frustrated by the slow speed of the machine as a whole (Intel C2D @ 2.4Ghz, 6GB RAM, OS drive: 2x250GB WD drives @7200RPM in a striped RAID array and 2 x 1TB storage drives)...so I figured I'd try out these SSDs that people keep raving about.

I did some disk performance analysis before the upgrade. Crystal Disk Mark showed me getting sequential read speeds of 130MB/s and write speeds of 90MB/s - ish. This was on my RAID0 array on a SATAII connection.
I then put in the SSD and am getting 280MB/s read and 190MB/s writes! All still on the SATAII connection. It's made a massive difference to the PC speed as a whole, with the boot to a usable desktop from a cold start in under 30 seconds! Seek times are so low that opening any app is almost instantaneous.

I was so impressed with the performance that I ordered another one. This time to put into my 15" Macbook Pro (Early 2011, Core i7 @2Ghz). Installation was pretty daunting at first - but iFixit's guide was clear and concise and I was soon using the new SSD which I cloned from my existing drive. Given that the MBP has a SATAIII connection I knew it would be a bit quicker for read speeds...but I didn't realise it would almost double! I get 510MB/s sequential read speeds, write speeds are the same. Boot up is around 15-20 seconds and loading any apps etc. is very, very quick.
TRIM support needs to be manually enabled in Lion (Google for it) - since Apple are currently only supporting selected SSDs, but it's easy to get around.

NOTE: Please make sure you update to the latest Crucial firmware before installing anything (at the time of writing it's 009). It's easy to do, simply download the ISO image from their site and burn to a CD (or make a bootable USB device if you know how). Then disconnect all other SATA drives and boot from the CD/USB drive and follow the on-screen instructions.

I know they're not huge in terms of space, but I have a 4TB NAS box and plenty of little USB drives for that stuff. All I wanted was a fast machine (or two) and now I have them! A very worth purchase.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 2, 2011 4:53 PM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sounding earphones, 27 July 2011
As usual, Sony earbuds deliver the great bass response they're known for.
The inline pause/skip track button along with the volume control is a very welcome addition.

I should also add that they've included an L-shaped connector which is so much better than the standard straight out pocket/thigh-stabbing jacks that a lot of other manufacturers tend to go for.

InLine Patchkabel flach, UTP, Cat.6, 7m wei?
InLine Patchkabel flach, UTP, Cat.6, 7m wei?
Offered by MEXXTRONICS
Price: 10.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, thin & flat cable., 6 May 2011
When you need flat cables to hide in plain sight (i.e. along white painted skirting) then these are a great choice.
Good quality and very thin/flat.

Word of warning though, if you need to cut the ends off and re-do the RJ45 connectors, it's incredibly difficult - and prone to failure! :D
The copper wires are so thin that getting them into the connector in the right place (and getting them to stay there) is very difficult - compared to 'normal' sized Cat5e/6 cable.

Apple MA566G/A MacBook Spare Battery - 80GM model only
Apple MA566G/A MacBook Spare Battery - 80GM model only
Offered by Fuzion
Price: 120.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Be wary of buying an actual "Apple" battery, rather than just a compatible one..., 4 Jan 2010
Be warned that there are some market place sellers who are advertising their products on this page for an official "Apple" battery, but actually shipping 'compatible' batteries instead.
Ensure you buy from a reputable seller (e.g. Amazon themselves) to ensure you get the correct battery.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 19, 2010 11:14 AM BST

Outsourcing to India: The Offshore Advantage
Outsourcing to India: The Offshore Advantage
by Mark Kobayashi-Hillary

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't go offshore without it!, 4 Mar 2004
Outsourcing can always be a minefield for any company. With the addition of international differences the minefield can be significantly multiplied.
This book highlights the benefits that can be gained from the growing trend of outsourcing to India and the best methods to get the results you want. There are significant work, social and cultural differences between the Western world and Asia (specifically India) and this book ensures these points are understood.
Definitely worthwhile reading for anyone considering outsourcing to India, or indeed for anyone vaguely interested in the subject!