Profile for zyliuke77 > Reviews

Content by zyliuke77

zyliuke77

A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy 1)
A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy 1)
by Deborah Harkness

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 17 Dec 2012
I bought this book because cover catched my eye when i was passing by one of the book stores. And i can tell only one thing- i loved it!!!! I saw rewiews about this book, and some of them are negative, mostly telling that it's boring, but i think that's not the right thing to say. I loved all the atmosphere, created by author, and even that tea drinking only adds more specific mood to this book, especially when almost all story goes in England with such an old traditions.
Another thing- some of the rewiews were telling it's so boring, because this relationship between Matthew and Diana unfolding so slow.. I actually loved this book, because there was no open sex scenes, as we have enough books about this topic these days, but actually all that intimacy between them two is charming, as we don't have this anymore these days...I think that it's very romantic, they way they trying to know each other, in all levels-emotional and physicall..
And i don't think it's too much scientifical things in this book- it's just an amazing mix of history, science and simply fantasy fiction.
So i'm really looking forward to start the second book and i'm sure i will like it !!!!

The Angels of 9/11
The Angels of 9/11

5.0 out of 5 stars very comforting book, 14 July 2011
Even some of my family memebers passed away in different way, not during 9/11, i found this book so inspirational and comforting, that the only one thing i can say is "Thank You" to the author,who was able to give such an important messages to all of us. I was reading, and i was able to feel all scale of possible emotions at the same time, which was like a healing session to me. I would recoment this book to everyone, who is dealing with a grief right now and needs something in order to get through all this.

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing e-reader!, 22 Jan 2011
I have this e-reader for more than a month, as that was a treat for myself for Christmas.And i can tell only one thing- it's just amazing!It's a perfect solution for people who travelling a lot, it's very easy to use, it's saving space in my house, and it's perfect for carrying my own document's!Perfect battery life amazing screen.Can't see any negative points as i'm not using it for music or internet,as basically this gadget is for reading,and for that- it's just perfect!, so i Final result-that's the best buy of the last year!

Balthasar's Odyssey
Balthasar's Odyssey
by Amin Maalouf

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 23 Dec 2010
This review is from: Balthasar's Odyssey (Paperback)
When i started to read this book, i had to force myself to put it down sometimes,as it was so captivating!All characters in the book are so well created, and i like that all story was written in diary form, which made all this storry telling so simple,but at the same time so warm and real. In some places i felt like i'm in the middle of all these events,it seemed like i can feel all the smells,and can hear sounds around me..:)Picture of every country was so real, that i felt like i was travelling myself.
Another thing i liked about this book,that all the sides of this book-religious, philosophical, educational, psyhological was well-balanced and the stranded together in such a beautiful way, that even if i was doing something else that reading, i was still thinking about this story...
I would recommend this book to anyone interested in travels, a little bit of mysticism, history of religion...A lot of things:)