Profile for Miss Money Penny > Reviews

Fish and Seafood
Fish and Seafood
by Brunner. Heinzelmann Wenzel

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 26 April 2014
This review is from: Fish and Seafood (Hardcover)
As a budding wannabe chef I found this to be an excellent book for helping me prepare and cook both seafood and in particular fish. Its strength is in the detail of the best techniques/equipment to use for such as wide range of fish from around the world, including lesser-known species, round and flat fish. Many books cover the usual seabass and the like, but this includes all sorts from sharks, porbeagles to rays, dories and puffers as well as loads on crustaceans and shellfish. Everything from purchasing tips, scaling, gutting and stuffing it really covers a wide area. I also like fishing so the detailed directory section is helpful for the more unusual stuff and its very detailed regarding the many types of lobster and prawns etc. I see another reviewer doesn't like the ads, but to be honest I don't look at these and find myself referring back to this book time and again whilst other more famous fish books remain untouched on my shelf.

IN2UIT BoomPack Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System with Case Cover for iPad 2/3/4 - White

5.0 out of 5 stars A really well built and clever tech speaker!!!, 17 Aug 2013
The flat technology on this speaker case is epic! A really clear sound and all folds out really nicely. I found the sound very filling and while you can't expect massive bass on something like this, it did suprise me on what it delivered. Really clear sound and something I find myself using all the time now - just what I wanted.
Design is cool too! They have really fitted this all together really well. Good work In2uit.

The Herbaliser Live in Paris
The Herbaliser Live in Paris

5.0 out of 5 stars This a great live album!!! A must have!!!!!, 20 Jan 2013
This album recorded live in Paris in June 2008 finds the mighty Herbaliser band in full flow and on top of their game.
Their eclectic sound, a fusion of jazzy hip hop, funk and electronica with a bit of everything else thrown in for good measure has won over many fans and this album captures beautifully the awesome live show.
Full-on wall-of-sound funkiness hits from track one through to the last, I absolutely loved it and would definitely recommend this to any Herbaliser fans out there or anyone looking for an upbeat, funky full-band sound built on samples and hip hop styling. I love to drive to work listening to this as it sets me up for the day! A great live album.

Kit 2500mAh Emergency Charger with Apple Tip
Kit 2500mAh Emergency Charger with Apple Tip

5.0 out of 5 stars A High-End Emergency Charger, 5 Jan 2013
I have had a emergency charger before but had opted for the USB "use your own cable" type ones and while they were universal in most cases the reality is that you then have to carry the cables too. This one cuts all that naff out! I need a Apple iPhone charger - This is the one! It's also very light!

Once you open the pack you are presented with a very well made high gloss finished product - confirmation that your decision to purchase this charger over the other 50 million options out there was the correct one.

It punches a healthy 2500mAH power capacity but the main thing to consider here is that not only does hit hold this charge, but does so for 2 weeks. While you might say "so it should!" the reality is these things don't hold the charge for long and you end up forgetting (as I did) and then carrying a useless emergency charger on holiday with you.
The recharge is done by a USB cable, so I tend to use the Apple one from the phone - all just blends in very nicely with each other.

On top of all this, it has the ability to turn off once the phone / iPod is charged, so does it's job and leaves more power for a later requirement. Nice thinking KIT!

For those who are looking for use with other devices, look else where but if you are interested in keeping your Apple devices topped up, like me, then this is the one for you!

Freedom i-Connex Combi Case/Cover for New iPad 2/3 with Removable Bluetooth Keyboard - Black
Offered by Memory On The Move

5.0 out of 5 stars A great item which really works well!, 31 Oct 2012
Length:: 1:36 Mins

I put together a little video to show this one off. I think this is a great item!

Kitvision Premium 7-inch Photo Frame - Black
Kitvision Premium 7-inch Photo Frame - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful! Just wonderful!!, 1 Oct 2012
Photo frames are one of those products which seem to be everywhere with prices across all the range but the reality is most of the cheep ones are utter naff with the quality not worth looking at.

I also have used a few and consider this one to be a very good quality product. Not just in the photo quality but in the look also. After all, they are not always on. .. . they need to look good on their own.

The price is fantastic and they have even included a 2GB USB card which all adds up to make this a very very impressive product for the price.

A perfect xmas present! I have had no issues to date and am very happy with this.

KitSound Universal Rechargeable Littleboom Speaker with 3.5mm Jack Compatible with iPhone 3/3G/3GS/4/4S/5/5S/5C, iPad 2/3/4/Mini/Air, iPod Nano 7th Generation, iPod Touch 5th Generation, Samsung Galaxy S2/S3/S4, Galaxy Tab 2/3, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, BlackBerry, Nokia, Windows Phone 8, HTC and MP3 Devices - Union Jack

5.0 out of 5 stars A powerful pocket friend!! A must have!, 1 Oct 2012
We have larger stereos which will always out perform these kind of products but then in the same breath we have all played music via our phone speakers as we were too lazy to go plug it in, or that the stereo is in the wrong room . . . well this is the perfect solution.

At first I mostly uses it for the bath. A room where putting a loud speaker in there was a little pointless.
This device was perfect for this role. Affordable and small enough to use day to day. I was even more surprised by how little I have charged it since the first initial charge.

Since it was such a hit i find myself taking it around the house with me while doing all the other chores. dropping it off on table tops to the places I am hangin around.

My husband has even started to take it to the shed to warm up his cold DIY projects.

Over all it is a little gem! I carry it more and more and the fact it is rechargeable is great as I can have it plugged in the house while I am using it so then when I take it our for the day/night it has a good 5-6 hours full use before it needs a re-charge.

Very impressed with how much I have grown to use and love it! What a speaker!!

KitSound Active Plus Sport Bluetooth Wireless Clip with Stereo In-Ear Earphones - Black/Yellow

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth is most def the way forward., 1 Oct 2012
I have, in the past, tried using those arm bands which allow you to put your MP3 player (in my case iPhone) on your arm and thus in reach of dealing with the music functions etc but the reality is they are uncomfortable and end up slipping down unless you apply such pressures that you then feel like your gonna loose your arm due to lack of blood.

This Bluetooth idea is the savoir. Yes, OK, I still carry the phone and there is an argument to say that this is pointless but then I have lost 3 good pair of headphones due to sweat as well as damaged my iPhone from running in the rain. With the earphones it was due to the control unit which is in-line with the headphones (near your mouth) ends up soaking up the sweet and stopping the earphones altogether.

With these, I carry the phone safely in my pocket in a water proof bag, the headphones and Bluetooth clip then take all the sweet and weather conditions. So far is working very well.

The unit is very light so after running for some time it is not a chore to have it held in my hand controlling tracks etc. Good clip system that has connected to all that I have needed too do so on.

The sound is impressive for the product. Overall I am very impressed!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 19, 2013 12:20 PM BST

KitVision Smartphone Camera Accessory Pack with Fisheye Lens and Case for iPhone 4/4S  - Black
KitVision Smartphone Camera Accessory Pack with Fisheye Lens and Case for iPhone 4/4S - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning value and fun for the price!, 14 Aug 2012
For the price this is a great bit of kit! Firstly the Tripod alone is like £5.00 delivered and then it comes with a really handy attachment for the phone which is also cool and only increases the value of this product.

Putting the extras aside for a minute: the lens works really well. In some cases, when these attachments are put in front of the phone camera, it can make the picture quality less then desirable but in this case I can not see any loss in quality and seems to work very well.

It's a really fun attachment which I will no doubt be buying for other family members for presents as presents as Christmas comes closer.

Skullcandy Lowrider 2.0 On-Ear Headphones with Mic - Gun Metal/Black
Skullcandy Lowrider 2.0 On-Ear Headphones with Mic - Gun Metal/Black
Offered by E W Link Co Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Attack of the Bass!, 14 Aug 2012
The video here is correct, the bass is very clean and punchy. I was impressed considering the size of these headphones. The mid and treble were not forgotten and lost as they are very balanced ion sound across all the music I listen too.

The swivel / compact design is very tidy. While they are not the largest headphones out there it's nice to be able to stash them safely which these accomplish very well.

Skullcandy have included a inline Mic and music controls which controls the play/pause of the music as well as the track skip (double for forward and triple tap for back).
The box states that this mic and music controls will work on "most smart phones" but I have not yet tested this.

Overall these are a good buy with perfect sound and great build quality. Very well presented in the packing.

A much have set of headphones!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2013 2:09 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3